See ya! Final thanks

• I'm going to talk mostly on our team. We played well and I'm proud of what we achieve this round. Beside bugs, mess up and so on.

DC and Defender team

It is always been our strenght. This round DCing was even more enjoyable. What was great though was our defender team. The druid makers guys (Criminal Minds, Trojan Horse, I am Groot, Super Soaker, Petro, Big_guy21, Smut Addict, Salvus) they sometimes defended two places during the same OP. Great job and thank you

The snipers: Pluto and Uly, they were the big surprise of this round.

I cant mention all our defender account, just want to remember the great work done by Nahoj (over 1 million def produced) and Isi in training new recruits and assuring a lot of deff in our WW.

Of course we did some mistake, I'm pretty much responsible for not having understood a couple of real target, and for the loss of LE (I should have moved it and not setting an alarm I didnt hear :D)

WW account and the enlarged WW team

This round the WW setting was planned carefully since the beginning, with a careful settling of croppers within a specific radius. WW account was carefully built to be able to feed and move def in crucial areas. Raskolnikov was number 1- 2 deff for long, It went down to number 3 in the last days. Luke had a nice spawn hammer too :D. Just for example Raskolnikov in WW area was able to move around 250-300k deff in 1hr frame of time.

The WW Team was great too: thank to Teo, Taut, Johan, Isi, Oskar, Pratyush for feeding WW, defending WW, and all the great job they did.

Amar and the ghosters

What to say? they all did a very good job but Tinky was amazing, not only because she has the most beautiful report of this server, She kept arties, she helped Eric, she stole arties... she draw hammers on her cap (and spawn village), she even found the time to handle the notorious Eric's club. She and the whole team of ghoster survived Amar tyranny too, and this was not easy :D!

OC and Op hammers

Historically our weak point. This round we run OPs and these were more than decent. Thank you to Tasmanian Devil for handling such hard (for us task). Not as many as our enemies ones, but they were much incisive. They gained us UT, LS, some other arties and the chiefing of a bunch of dangerous hammers.

I want to remind and thank Miklo, who stole UA, UE and a SB; Himo who was battered and targeted pretty much, he lost one of his hammers and his cap fields tons of times. He stand till the end did great ( do you remember Vasily and Vitrinix hammers?). A special thanks go to Dark Thoughts too... they wanted to play defensive and they ended up with hammer alive at the end and with a half destroyed account and of course to Eric :)

End game hammers

Probably the most nice and less troublesome WWK/R hammers I ever met in my travian "career". They did 0 dramas, they did nearly 0 messing up. They built awesome hammers and they always helped the team. We use team to build WWk/r. Behind every endgame hammer there are team made by real people. The swedish group who helped Tasty Treats, Verdie and Chop Suey helping JP to feed and queue (Verdie was probably even more active than JP at least in chats :D). Asterix who keep a SD to feed Obelix and Luxueria troops. A special mention goes to Bambi, he kept on his small diet like 7 hammers parked, he had some -2.8 million minus for weeks. A special thanks to Cory for finding out the time to be WW sitter for night time :D

Organizing team

I want to remember and thanks edwardyinn for being such a great planner and leader; Bambi/Snoopy for taking the burden of WWk/r, helping in defenses and all the work you did (probably the MVP of the round with Amar and Luke). Amardeep for becaming such a good leader and a perfect ghoster, LukeHaines_COM for the awesome WW account and planning for WW, Agrona and Big_Guy21 for their great work in WW account, Xerii from SuperSoaker who simply was a perfect (and unexpected) DC. C&A and Dominic_AU for taking care of the offensive part. Sanket for being just Sanket :D.... and James for popping out when it was needed.

You all made the difference in my opinion.

I want to thank some of our enemies too:

svenie I dont know what accounts you played but I loved your forum post. Thank for you sarcasm :)

Electric Avenue your rammer should have been great. Thank you for your being so sport and great respect for your number and for splatting on WW.

The Grim: I liked his ops, I liked his hammers a great enemy

snake plissken : Thank you for your roman WW, I think it has been thought as a decoy but you kept building and defending. I really respect your choice and thank you very much for allowing Isi to pick reports of our last attack

Saku thank you for your politeness in forum, thank you for posting reports. I liked your cata counts and apologies for kidding you in the event of plan steal.

Hot&Wild, thank you for running op against us, even if I dont like your feeders hitting. Your final Op was a nice one, I really appreciated chrisfilio hitting our MB quite many hrs before the big train.

I want to add that we decided to go for 100 without waiting after rollback. Roll back didnt change the outcome of server, but probably the finale could have been different, at least for the timings

Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guess my name
    But what's puzzling you
    Is the nature of my game

(Symphaty for the Devil, Rolling Stones, ages ago)

fnx wrote:

I have to admit last year Villains played cleaner than us

Post was edited 2 times, last by cris@ ().

• You guys had a really nice server. Hats off for the organisation it took and the strong team you have gathered!

cris@

I was playing on Stardust Dragon. The one that took Unique Confusion away from Untouchable before you guys could take it. :P

• I was playing on Stardust Dragon. The one that took Unique Confusion away from Untouchable before you guys could take it. :P

Oook... so I've thank you even more... I know Himo was looking at UC too... and we had way too many arties :D

Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guess my name
    But what's puzzling you
    Is the nature of my game

fnx wrote:

• Congrats on the win. Obviously a lot of organization went into it - way more than any other team on the server, so congrats are deserved. You would probably have had a high chance of winning, even if WWR/WWKs were done without techs, due to your organization in other departments and the lack of the same for the rest of the server.

That said, I'm happy to not have played this server - you increased your number of tech WWKs (something I hate to see), TG had numerous screw-ups, and the server was perhaps even more toxic than last round. I'm sad to see, even now that the server is over, that certain individuals crap-talk the last OP and say that the rollback didn't matter - of course it didn't matter for the outcome, but it certainly matters for the efforts made by both teams - I am sure your WWKs would have liked to hit proper wonder def too.

I think your decision to end the server instead of putting more pressure on TG was wrong, but I understand why you made the decision.

Was, as always, a pleasure to be a honorary spammer in the SGR chat though - the birthday meme is a great addition to LK lost arties :o

• Mad you do not understand who our so called tech are and how they worked. This is a team game, we have team preparing WWK, team of real people. Who said that for being a WWK you've to be a top raider clicking on a farmlist every 5 minutes? Or you think that a good player cant be so unselfish to prepare an account to help another account to build a WWk? As usual our tech build big accounts, build deff and feed wwk.

In my opinion this is perfectly legit.

And no, the big deffers were not inthe boonies, just give a look at the final defensive stats.

Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guess my name
    But what's puzzling you
    Is the nature of my game

fnx wrote:

• Oook... so I've thank you even more... I know Himo was looking at UC too... and we had way too many arties :D

The scouting became more at the time so I feared HIMO would just clear and destroy his capital. 8o

At least I made sure not all Uniques went to Vices, that's something!

• Mad you do not understand who our so called tech are and how they worked.

I understand perfectly well how they work. Doesn't mean I can't disagree with the playstyle, does it? :)

It diminishes individual (account) dedication, skill, account planning and effort.

It arbitrarily breaks normal limits of what accounts can achieve - normally, this is limited by account production, and what raiding can be done on the map, here, you can just have another account register and get as many res as you want.

It removes practically all risk, since you just sit cozy in the boonies all round simming - in the extreme, you could do what Anomander did, and not even have to fear 0/chiefing attempts at all.

It makes the game boring as ...., because you have no incentive to do anything on the server other than simming. This again pressures other teams to adopt the same playstyle, moving players from more active roles, to tech roles and moving WWKs to boonies to a much larger decree - though SGR have so far resisted the pressure to do so - which you can clearly see in the WWK department. And don't give me some stuff about how it's because SGR or others don't know how to do it, it's not rocket science.

SGR have lost quite a few players over the playstyle of Villains - never being attacked, just seeing WWKs grow in boonies with no risk or raiding. I know that players have quit Villains too over the same issues.

In my opinion this is perfectly legit.

You are entitled to think that. It still breaks with the interpretation of rule 1.1 that was being enforced until TG decided that techs is the way the game should be played. But techs are driving many players away from the game. Heck, even if, let's say 2/3rds are willing to play on servers where techs are completely standard and used by all teams, you're still looking at losing a large part of the playerbase - on servers where more and more accounts are being used in passive roles in boonies to sim WWKs. Which again means even less action on the server. Which means more boring servers, and again, less players.

Hope you at least think I am entitled to this opinion :)

• Altho I don't support it, not my idea of fun to make a garage feeder account, would be good to see the accnts it took to make some of the monster hammers here, esp as the players behind the garages probably deserve the credit just as much if not more then the wwk/r accounts, for making it all possible.

• Altho I don't support it, not my idea of fun to make a garage feeder account, would be good to see the accnts it took to make some of the monster hammers here, esp as the players behind the garages probably deserve the credit just as much if not more then the wwk/r accounts, for making it all possible.

They deserve the credit as well of course, and they receive the credit. :) I named some, go check their account :D

Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guess my name
    But what's puzzling you
    Is the nature of my game

fnx wrote:

• The scouting became more at the time so I feared HIMO would just clear and destroy his capital. 8o

that was the idea... :D

I think we scouted you and found a more than decent amount of deff. Well done :)

Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guess my name
    But what's puzzling you
    Is the nature of my game

fnx wrote:

• that was the idea... :D

I think we scouted you and found a more than decent amount of deff. Well done :)

On the day when artefacts spawned I had around 145k spears. Some time after I got kinda stuck since your Ops took some times and then I was never in the right place. :P

• Thanks for the kind words cris@ much appreciated. I cannot take all the credit for the rammer that was cooking in the EA account, K19 was a massive help, kept my head in the game and was a massive crutch when RL got very busy for me. He deserves at least half the credit, I'm just sorry I wasn't able to deliver on all that hard work.

Congrats on the win!

Hello, Verdie here, mentioned as "(Verdie was probably even more active than JP at least in chats :D)" by Cris

I was indeed one of the "tech" accounts to JosephPorta WWK and also the one starving 1k catas when we dodged an attack last week.

As a true tech in last com1 I want to share some of the effort I did put into the game to create a picture of how it worked out. JosephPorta, ChopChop and Verdie (I) have played together the last years in different servers and this time ChopChop and I decided to support JosephPorta due to limited time (I was at parental leave and chopchop was working hard).

So, what did Verdie do in com1.

1) Starting with simsimsim of course. We did settle in the boondocks indeed because of the risk of ghosting. We were anyhow attacked during the server and was always still afraid of ghosts. New TS didn't help us very much in this way...

2) Finished 19s crop fields (150% cropper) 3rd of June (server started 27th of Feb, artifacts was released 7th of June) (see pic)

3) Took SS and made a cap ready to build 21s, finished cap setup without MB (kept baracks for phalanx que if you need to know...) (see pic)

4) Planned a perfect mix with my team to both provide def for WWK (500k standing at most), train def 24/7 that was also used for defcalls made by Cris, sim fields in cap and send res to build a, in the end, 950k WWK. (see pic). This was recalculated every week and trade routes were set.

5) I finished 21s. I was attacked. I did my Eric Club application by don't turning auto evade off in cap so the hammer that came went pass the defence and splatted my 21s (except 2, see pic). I rebuilt cap to 19s. Was hit again (2nd time wtf?) and rebuilt again to 17s. By that time ChopChop and I had enough villages so it doesn't really mattered.

6) In the end Verdie acc provided lots of res for WWK, kept a stable amount 150k def (also used to splat meta hammers) and rebuilt cap 3 times. It was sure some hard work to do this as well, even if it was more suitable for me with limited time per day the first months.

It wasn't my best server but I sure enjoyed it (mostly by being a pain in our chat) and I sure enjoyed helping a pal out building a impressive WWK. We did a great team effort. I did spent a lot of gold helping my friends out and building/rebuilding that cap.

Now, have a look at some printscreens.

Thanks Cris (and other leaders) for being the best 100% of the server.

Kr, Tech Verdie

I played on Toxic Player and sitter ran GoldenParro & Non4me for Tasty Treat.

Was super lazy but i helped with 400-410M res atleast from my account alone.

Thanks for server, spamming was fun and forum war was fun.
    Server itself was very very very boring

TT final 2015 - Das Båt (SE)
    TT Qualify RU 2016 - Das Båt (Cerber-DD)
    TT final 2016 - illicit Ping, Pong & PangPang (Def&Dest)
    TT Qualify RU 2017 - Chip&Dale #1 off (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2017 - Chip&Dale (CerbeR)
    TT Qualify RU 2018 - ChipDale #1 pop (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2018 - Chip&Dale (WW BP release) (CerbeR-I)
    TT Qualify RU 2019 - Chip&Dale #3 off (PoweR)
    SE3 2017 - Krokodil
    Se1 2017-2018 Garbage Bag #1 Def (SKRÄP)
    S6 Anglosphere - Mimer (Bifrost)
    Active -
    Nordics 4 - Morgoth (Midgård)

Post was edited 1 time, last by Loffe ().

• Thank you for your account recap and printscreens.

WILD: Always Ready, Already Loyal, Always WILD!

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"

• SGR have lost quite a few players over the playstyle of Villains

WWK´s and WWR´s in the boonies is not something invented by Villains. Furthermore it takes planning and activity as any other play style. Complaining about those accounts is as genius as complaining about relaxed "hobby" players all over the map. ^^ And yes, complaining about those latter happens quite often. Know it as I do so every game. Mind you, I complain more about people not spamming enough though.

"Why do I feel like a pre-kindergarten classroom is better behaved than this thread? Is it because it is?" playingwithfire 03.08. '19

• It still breaks with the interpretation of rule 1.1

Does it though? I have more than once gotten TG attention and seen others get the same, only for playing with friends and seeing their goals met as important as my own. It has quite often annoyed me that TG does not feel the same way as I do about friendship and team play. The "techs" you are referring to may go over and beyond my usual helpfulness ... still, the main objective is the same. Why does a good player have to have too much ego to play "tech" style for a friend? It is relaxed and keeps you involved in the game as much as you like and have time for. And when it also gives your team a good spammer like Loffe this round, it is a win win win ... in every direction :love:

For so many of us what keeps us playing travian is friendship and the people we have met when playing, have seen you yourself say the same. It may not be your personal style to play tech for fun, but I am sure you can see how it may be the perfect solution for some people. I am now a week out of server and am already missing the fun a good friendship and travian "plotting" can bring :* Common, it is wickedly fun. And noone can nag you for disappearing for so or so long if you play alone in a tech. Unless you are Loffe and everyone misses you from chat of course.

I personally would play tech if I could. The only thing stopping that from happening is personal issue. That personal issue is lack of willpower. Tell myself every server I am gonna play relaxed ^^ So kudos to tech players. Your self discipline is way better than mine.

"Why do I feel like a pre-kindergarten classroom is better behaved than this thread? Is it because it is?" playingwithfire 03.08. '19

• #techlivesmatter

Anglosphere 6- F. Charcutier

COM1- Foleys Folly

COM1- Skcuscire

US1- Chef Follardi

US3- Folito Lopez

• WWK´s and WWR´s in the boonies is not something invented by Villains.

Did I say it was invented by Villains? WWKs in the boonies is not an issue. Issue is when those WWKs are made purely through the use of techs. Not something Villains invented either, but it's still how you play the game. Good luck making a 1m EC WWK simming in the boonies without techs. So good job at not adressing the argument in any way.

Complaining about those accounts is as genius as complaining about relaxed "hobby" players all over the map. And yes, complaining about those latter happens quite often. Know it as I do so every game.

I enjoyed being a part of something bigger than just a bad 150k def acc.

So this is how your WWKs and their techs tend to view the average players? Nice. I hope it's limited to your little circle and not seen as such by DC, WW crew and other leaders in Villains too.

Well, thanks for confirming that this is the general view that people have of casual players in Villains.

You quote my post where I said it goes against the interpretation of rule 1.1. that was being employed by TG previously, and then aks "does it though?", and then continue to prove my point by saying TG disagreed with your definitions... Really not sure what you attempted to do there.

Or, they could run a relaxed def account like other people do? Oh wait, right, apparently according to your team, anything other than 600k anvils, 1m WWKs and their techs is trash and useless and should just delete. Right.