Chiefing and Sending Reinforcements

🔥 Vote your LOT2020 candidate 🔥
The voting phase ends, Sunday, March 1st at 23:59 GMT+1. ➡️ TO THE SURVEY ⬅️

• Hello all,

I'd like to start off by saying that the "only able to send def to ally/confed" to prevent spiking is a great first step in the right direction. However, it also creates a new problem when it comes to chiefing.

Before that new rule, whenever chiefing important targets, especially when chiefing into someones cluster, most decent players would have def lined up to land right after the village was to be chiefed, along with merchants to feed the def. It was pretty common practise to avoid the original owner from rechiefing it straight afterwards, or trying to cat it down afterwards.

That strategy is no longer possible which is quite problematic is some cases. Sure, you could have last chief land with def so it stays in the village. But this doesn't fix the problem as you can't have merchants lined up to feed the def, and purely offensive players shouldn't have to be "forced" into needing to make def because of this change in the rules.

What I suggest is, being able to send reinforcements and merchants to anyone on the server, but if at the time of landing, the village is not part of senders alliance/confed, then they bounce and go back to the sender.

This both fixes the problem when it comes to chiefing while still rendering spiking impossible.

Cheers

• This is exactly what I'm talking about:

What is one supposed to do?

Have a massive anvil in their last wave that would just get killed fairly easily since no wall and it's only an anvil from a single village? No, that's clearly not a solution.

Only chiefing inactives or small players? Again, not a solution. It's a war game and chiefing is supposed to be a viable strategy against even good players.

Fakes? Sure, might work. But chiefing any decent player who has multiple chiefs can just try and counter most of the fakes and even allies help.

In the current version it's near impossible to chief anything that isn't either stuck right next to allied def. And even then if the owner is decent he can time his chief to land a second after attackers to retake the village.

playingwithfire   Stellamini Please try and bring this to dev attention because it's a real issue...

Maybe devs could resolve current issues instead of working on new graphics that no one really asked for...

• I don't see how that is more reasonable in the slightest. Both in terms of gameplay and roleplay.

Imagine IRL scenario, if when the troops get there they see that it's an enemy village they'd just go home. They wouldn't enter, surrender and get slaughtered.

A possible alternative might be that reinfs attack if the village isn't confed at time of landing instead of reinforcing. Merchants would have to bounce in any case. Possibly come home empty to avoid being able to hide res too easily.

• In the current version it's near impossible to chief anything that isn't either stuck right next to allied def. And even then if the owner is decent he can time his chief to land a second after attackers to retake the village.

playingwithfire   Stellamini Please try and bring this to dev attention because it's a real issue...

Maybe devs could resolve current issues instead of working on new graphics that no one really asked for...

Tikopia I pinged Stellamini so she can look at it for her weekly report.

• The solution to this is very simple

Just lock the ability to chief a village for about 1-2 hours after the village been chiefed

That would ruin a lot of strategies that are very important to the game and is a lazy fix to a problem lazy game developers created

a3- Penguin (rip)

a4- Happy Feet

• That would ruin a lot of strategies that are very important to the game and is a lazy fix to a problem lazy game developers created

What strategies?

The only strategy i see is to retake the chiefed village right after it got chiefed. Being able to rechief a chiefed village a one second after it was taken misses whole point of chiefing

• What strategies?

The only strategy i see is to retake the chiefed village right after it got chiefed. Being able to rechief a chiefed village a one second after it was taken misses whole point of chiefing

Shifting villages about under large eyes to see a real attack, repeatedly chiefing a village to get a fool arte to have the effect you want, I'm sure there are more that smarter people can come up with.

But more than that, the rechief counter is important in itself because it allows players without defence readily available to counter the attempts on the village and make themselves a pain to chief.

a3- Penguin (rip)

a4- Happy Feet

• Hello,

I have brought up this opinions some time ago, but I feel that there are several different opinions about this and how it should work.

The best thing is to discuss this more here. The more opinions we get, the easier it is to know what the community really wants.

When I have forwarded your suggestions, the Game Center and developers have to think about what the other communities want and try to make it work for most communities and also with what is possible to do within the game.

/Stellamini

• Rarely have I chiefed an active player unless it was a hammer or anvil village, then the chiefing removes the troops and you should normally inflict max damage with the clearer and it will probably be reclaimed and rebuilt.

I guess you have to make sure the enemy has no chiefs close enough to rechief before you can secure he village, that may involve killing them or splatting rally points in their home villages in syncronicity with the chiefing.

In short there are other tactics you can use and it may be necessary to work with a few friends.

• I think this solution is the best of both worlds. You still protect the people that farm (which was the reason to implent this change) but still allow to send reinforcements to villages that will be chiefed.

Besides, I miss people that send accidenticly reinforcements to enemies instead of attacks as a mistake.

"Over iets nadenken zonder het per definitie waar hoeft te zijn is een vorm van ontwikkeling."

• I think this solution is the best of both worlds. You still protect the people that farm (which was the reason to implent this change) but still allow to send reinforcements to villages that will be chiefed.

Besides, I miss people that send accidenticly reinforcements to enemies instead of attacks as a mistake.

There are still people who send attacks instead of reinforcements. Even though there is a warning.

• IMO just saying "get used to it" is barely a solution to a problem that didn't use to exist. And considering the amount of money players spend on gold I don't think it's unreasonable in the slightest for the problem to actually get fixed.