Traps are unbalanced.

• Why is it that when I send 350 club swingers on a Gaul, and 100 of those clubs get trapped (as I free them all in the exact same attack)... why is it that over 20 of those clubs die? It is unbalanced there was no troops on defense, but yet somehow tones of my offensive troops parish. Travian should allow every race to have deadly traps it is unfair that only one race gets such an unbalanced defensive tactic. No troops on defense but yet you can cause massive causalities it makes no sense unless those traps were explosive.

Cheers,

Banksy

• Yea and why do i not have a Brewery on my Gaul account, pretty unfair that teutons can get up to 20% more combat power

And also no Drinking Trough, so my scouts are eating 2 crop/h while Roman scouts are only eating 1?

How is that fair???

• Why is it that when I send 350 club swingers on a Gaul, and 100 of those clubs get trapped (as I free them all in the exact same attack)... why is it that over 20 of those clubs die? It is unbalanced there was no troops on defense, but yet somehow tones of my offensive troops parish. Travian should allow every race to have deadly traps it is unfair that only one race gets such an unbalanced defensive tactic. No troops on defense but yet you can cause massive causalities it makes no sense unless those traps were explosive.

Cheers,

Banksy

When you free your troops from the traps, 25% of them will die.

Each tribe have a building that are unique to each of them and give different advantage.

Romans: The Horse Drinking Trough

Gauls: The Trappper

Teutons: The Brewery

Egyptains: The Waterworks

Huns: The Command Center

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

• Trappers are the most useless of all tribe specific buildings.

.pt4: Maximus :teu01:/.fr3: Medianus :rom02:/.fr6: Minimus :rom03:/.ptp: Medianus:egy02:/.as7: Minimus :gau02:/.2019 Qualify Group A: Azor Ahai :hun01:

.as4: Pissed Pigeons :teu01:/ .2019 Finals: Makhai :egy02:

• I thought that Waterworks will be replaced with 4 oasis Ridder Huma ?

“People don’t climb mountains because they’re there.

People climb mountains because other people don’t,

other people won’t, because trying is a harder path.”

Balkans 3x - Beautiful Idiot

• I heard they would be nerfed to 50% bonus

.pt4: Maximus :teu01:/.fr3: Medianus :rom02:/.fr6: Minimus :rom03:/.ptp: Medianus:egy02:/.as7: Minimus :gau02:/.2019 Qualify Group A: Azor Ahai :hun01:

• lmao

• W29 2017: Wotan :hun09:
    • W4 2018: Spartan :rom09:
    • W4 2019: Nephilim :rom09:
    • W3 2019: Nephilim :rom09:

-- kick back, relax and grab yourself a beverage --

• The issue with 4 oasis is, that HM5 for 1st oasis is an insane head start. Maybe 8, 12, 16 and 20 would be more fair-ish than 5, 10, 15 and 20, but that's just my opinion.

• The issue with 4 oasis is, that HM5 for 1st oasis is an insane head start. Maybe 8, 12, 16 and 20 would be more fair-ish than 5, 10, 15 and 20, but that's just my opinion.

If the building itself is "unique" the cost values could also be adjusted, rather than simply using the same building with L5 functionality. But otherwise yea I do agree on the premise.

• Or just make special building Druid Circle and it increases speed 20% at max.

Someone give this guy a medal.

p0qCfBG.png

It would sound a bit overkill after map shrinkage and TS buff though.

However, it could be similar to the Brewery to increase the defensive capability of Gaul def up to 20%, but it would impact their speed by the same percentage and you're only allowed to run it once every 72h, so it's not totally abused making Phalanx stronger than Praetorians.

A good buff with a slight nerf to it, so it's not completely overkill and is used strategically.

Post was edited 1 time, last by WLKNNGL ().

• I used to laugh at traps but now that there is guaranteed causalities they are pretty overpowered. Traps were fine the way they were originally. I guess that they got changed because of how raiders used to laugh when breaking traps. Traps are just overpowered during the early game now which is what it is.

Cheers,

Banksy

• Traps are rubbish. In beggining of server they may be used as a deterrent, but in middle and end game, what's the use?

Traps are useless against any kind of (even mini) hammer.

• Don't change anything. It's part of the game itself. People want many changes but do they change themselves ?

Sure, just like brewery wasn´t changed, TS wasn't changed...yeah

• with the new tribes both having decent defensive horses, the gauls lost what really characterized them and made them worth choosing. trapper was never good, but having a weaker tribe-specific building could be accepted in a trade-off with the fast decent defensive only they could make.
    brewery lvl20 and waterworks are overpowered.

either nerf something, or buff something, one thing is sure: there is a need for balancing.

• with the new tribes both having decent defensive horses, the gauls lost what really characterized them and made them worth choosing. trapper was never good, but having a weaker tribe-specific building could be accepted in a trade-off with the fast decent defensive only they could make.
    brewery lvl20 and waterworks are overpowered.

either nerf something, or buff something, one thing is sure: there is a need for balancing.

Indeed. Once new tribes are introduced to Legends servers, Gauls become obsolete:

- Want fast defense? Egyptians have Anhur Guard and much better economy with waterworks

- Want fast cavalry? TT costs 1090 vs 875 for steppes for less attack. They are faster, but speed isn't everything. Even marksmen have better stats than TT.

Ghosts? EI or steppes.

So what do gauls offer? phalanx? slave militia spam defense faster and open very cheesy strategies. Anhur guards are very similar to druids, so dedicated defenders can opt for Egyptians and take adavantage of the OP waterworks. Walls are better too.

Offensively Gauls already sucked and with Huns, there's another alternative other than teuts or romans.

I really don't see the point in playing Gauls anymore.

• why de people hating on trapper. Early game are amazing, but people nowadays only do simming and avoid early squirmishies because they just want big hammers and are afraid of losing. Double of triple trapper the first month is a game changer and is like a free zoo. This combined with a lot of nature troops can defend your cropper from players contesting it during the first weeks