Gauls - Remove Trapper, and Cranny Bonus in exchange for some cheaper troops.

• In the early game, Gauls have a lot of advantages due to their Cranny Bonus, and Trapper, and cheap phalanx.

The trapper, especially is annoying to everyone, including other Gaul players, and many players fear the attacking Gauls, due to their trapper.

I think, it it would it be more enjoyable in gameplay if Travian HQ removed both the

(1) Trapper, and

(2) Cranny Bonus (so that the cranny is exactly the same as the other tribes) --

to encourage a more aggressive, free-flowing, PvP attacking playerstyle for all tribes, and also due to the reduction of the playerbase across all servers.

It would be fun to see some Gaul-on-Gaul action, or Roman-on-Gaul, or even Egyptian-on-Gaul, in the early game.

I guess they could balance the removal of both Trapper, and Cranny Bonus, if they reduced the cost of Swordsman :gau02: to total:510 resources (ie 25 resources less), and reduce cost of TTs :gau04: to total: 1060 (ie 30 resources less), but keep all other stats exactly the same (training time, offense/defense stats). It'll encourage some Gaul players to go swordsmen first, risking them of being attacked/countered by other cavalry, and the reduction of cost of TTs is necessary due to removal of all resource-saving buildings to Gauls.

And in terms of a Gaul unique building, maybe it would be great if Gauls did not have any tribal-specific building as Travian HQ, does not seem interested in adding/or changing buildings for this tribe. Every other tribe has a mid- to late- game building, but not so for Gauls.

• I agree that Gauls aren't viable offensively at this time. Romans have the strongest troops, Teutons the cheapest so my suggestion would be to give them the fastest hammers. +1 speed for Gaul catapults for example would give them a new, and unique, strategic role. This buff would easily take a few hours off launch times making them particularly good for sniping some capitals or getting some quick catapults at some artifact to try and sneak a steal.

Twee keer naar rechts is hetzelfde als achteruit

• I second this idea.

.pt4: Maximus :teu01:/.fr3: Medianus :rom02:/.fr6: Minimus :rom03:/.ptp: Medianus:egy02:/.as7: Minimus :gau02:/.2019 Qualify Group A: Azor Ahai :hun01:

.as4: Pissed Pigeons :teu01:/ .2019 Finals: Makhai :egy02:

• Lmao the compensation you thought of doesn't do anything for them.

Atleast now they have some unique early game advantage, it's bad but it's better then nothing.

This Doom dude has an interesting idea though ;)

• Lmao the compensation you thought of doesn't do shit for them.

Atleast now they have some unique early game advantage, it's bad but it's better then nothing.

This Doom dude has an interesting idea though ;)

+1 speed on catapults would require another building...

so that makes it 3 unique tribal buildings.. it's a bit too much

BTW, you did not have to swear

• Nobody says you would keep trapper then lol.

And what is the other unique tribal building you speak off?

Since cranny is nothing unique

(1) Cranny Bonus, (2) Trapper, (3) +1 speed Trebuchet building -- pretty sure, that equals 3..

Suggesting to increase speed of Trebuchet without a building, I feel, is over-powered.

So you want all advantages -- trapper, increased cranny bonus, and increased Trebuchet speed (natively, without any building)... that is a bit too much.

• So you want all advantages

Nobody says you would keep trapper then lol.

i think he clearly said no need for trapper :popcorn: if tg implement +1 speed for cata ....

n about that cranny bonus it's well balanced considering gaul is a defensive tribe n that's not a unique building every tribe gets something .... roman have a stronger hero (100 fs pr/points instead of 80) , Teut hero gets a plunder bonus while attacking with army ( although it's pretty useless ) ...

• Dominic_AU , thank you for having a reasonable discussion, and not calling the idea s**t (see previous svenie post).

Shouldn't this be considered a strategic change? Lowering the cost of some offensive troops for Gauls, rather than keeping the same strategy again-and-again.

Anyway, inertia is hard to overcome, so I don't expect there to be any changes tbh.

• (1) Cranny Bonus, (2) Trapper, (3) +1 speed Trebuchet building -- pretty sure, that equals 3..

Suggesting to increase speed of Trebuchet without a building, I feel, is over-powered.

So you want all advantages -- trapper, increased cranny bonus, and increased Trebuchet speed (natively, without any building)... that is a bit too much.

you said unique buildings, cranny bonus is not an unique building, it's an unique effect like the Romans ability to build 3 things at the same time.

Just like the hero's have an unique bonus (adding to Dominic gauls hero gets +5 speed).

Tossing trapper is always a good idea, since almost no one builds it except in the early game, and it's super bad late game compared to what the teutons and romans have.

And no you're just not reading, nothing even insinuates that I want to keep all those things for Gauls..

You shouldn't keep an old tribe building when getting a new one.

Gauls their main ability seems to be speed, their leaders are +1 faster already than the other tribes.

Those few res changes just don't do enough, they are still far weaker than the other two tribes in terms of attacking.

• svenie Ok I understand your position now. Thank you for clarifying.

I used to remember that Roman legionnaires used to cost 440 total resources (possibly around T3.6), however Travian "balanced" it by lowering their cost to 400 resources.

And recently, Huns' Steppe-Riders raiding capacity, was lowered to 75 resources per raid (Was it from 100 per raid, I can't remember).

I figured if Travian was to ever 'balance' tribes, they only ever do a "few resources" at a time to their troops. Yes, it would be good to get rid of the old Trapper, in exchange for a newer building that increases seige.

Anyways, sorry for the misunderstanding....

• whats wrong with just having gauls as a or "the" defensive tribe?

• W29 2017: Wotan :hun09:
    • W4 2018: Spartan :rom09:
    • W4 2019: Nephilim :rom09:
    • W3 2019: Nephilim :rom09:

-- kick back, relax and grab yourself a beverage --

• whats wrong with just having gauls as a or "the" defensive tribe?

Because there are people who like some of the gauls advantages and would like to be able to play them offensively. Giving them +1 speed trebuchets would change nothing on att/time but would open the possibilities for different strategies. This way they would still be the worst offensive tribe, but at least it would offer some reason to do it.

Teuton and Roman specific buildings are game changers. HDT changed roman offense from sucking to be almost on par with teutons. Nowadays a lot of people build roman hammers. Their crop efficiency improved even more. They also have triple build.

Brewery for teutons was already OP with 10% bonus, so what did TG do? change it to 20%.

And you say that a trapper has anything compared to any of these buildings?

With the introduction of new tribes, gauls are obsolete. A TT costs 1090 res for 90 attack points, a steppe costs 875 for 120!

Gauls need a boost of some sort.

.pt4: Maximus :teu01:/.fr3: Medianus :rom02:/.fr6: Minimus :rom03:/.ptp: Medianus:egy02:/.as7: Minimus :gau02:/.2019 Qualify Group A: Azor Ahai :hun01:

• I'd also like to add teuts and romans are very viable as defenders because prea's and spears outpreform falanx in crop-defense efficiency!

Twee keer naar rechts is hetzelfde als achteruit

• Leave guals as they are no need to tamper with them... if you don’t think there good off then your missing a trick if you KNOW HOW TO PLAY THEM they are very good early raiders week 2 can easily be top raiders with TTS it’s not that hard if your willing to dedicate to then from the start... If you think guals are just def and there off is trash then your missing a trick my friend..... I am a active player who has always farmed as part of his game and I can assure you I have played all tribes and guals at start game are just as effective as any other tribe..

• Leave guals as they are no need to tamper with them... if you don’t think there good off then your missing a trick if you KNOW HOW TO PLAY THEM they are very good early raiders week 2 can easily be top raiders with TTS it’s not that hard if your willing to dedicate to then from the start... If you think guals are just def and there off is trash then your missing a trick my friend..... I am a active player who has always farmed as part of his game and I can assure you I have played all tribes and guals at start game are just as effective as any other tribe..

It's the worst tribe in att/time. Run the sims.

• Never said it wasn’t the worst in that aspect I’m simply saying if you knew how to use them properly they are a good tribe to run and can easily keep up with the other tribes

• Speaking as a Gaul player, there is no need to tweak the Gaul tribe. It's the best for new players, defensive players and non-gold players who wish to stay active up to the end game.

Returning player from the classic servers (TKO-MH)

ts1, 2019 - Red Balloon (SGR)

ts2, 2020 - Red Balloon

• You are missing the point.