Fat Penguin

The applications for the 🔥 Legends on Tour 2020 - Summit 🔥 are open.

If you think you would be a good fit to represent one of these communities Anglosphere, Balkans, France, Germany, International COM, Italy, Lusobrasilero or Russia, read all the details and submit your application.

➡️ More information here ⬅️

If your community is not between the selected one, but you still want to provide your input for the event, feel free to visit and participate in the discussion on the International forum.
  • Hi All,

It's been a long time since I last played Travian, and it seems like there have been a number changes within that time; early game simming seems to trump farming, the extended beginners protection option and I'm sure those daily quests are a new addition. However, the biggest difference seems to be the deafening silence on the Forum! So I've decided do my bit to help break the ice.

I thought i'd have a quick look at where the early game alliance are forming, feel free to add your thoughts and any early predictions.

NE Quad

SWANS A - Confederacy with - SWANS B - NA Pact with - ^X^

^X^ - NA Pact with - SWANS A & SWANS B

2.01-X - Confederacy with - 2.01-A - NA Pact with - ***

*** - NA Pact with - 2.01-X

SWANS C (Would've thought they are part of the SWANS group)

SE Quad

SE - Confederacy with - S.E & S-E

TNS

SW Quad

SW- Confederacy with - SW2 & SW3- NA Pact with - CÆSAR™ & CÆSAR

CÆ$AR - NA Pact with - SW2 (not sure if they are affiliated with CÆSAR)

WON

NW Quad

DE- Confederacy with - DELTA

NW Elite

Cross Quad

CÆSAR - Confederacy with - CÆSAR™ & CÆSAR_NE - NA Pact with - SW

The NE is definitely looking busy, and battle lines look like they are being drawn with SWANS and ^X^ forming NA pacts and 2.01 and *** doing the same. There are also parts of CÆSAR in there too.

There also seems to be 3 big METAs forming SE, SWANS and CÆSAR with CÆSAR going for a cross quadrant approach.

Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Ta,

WIll

Post was edited 1 time, last by Willb1: Added DE and SW3 ().

• However, the biggest difference seems to be the deafening silence on the Forum!

The forums are for sure a lot more quiet these days. It depends on the server too though. From the looks of the alliances you posted above, most of them are non-premade and less experienced (forming huge metas and allying half the server just a few weeks into the server - a sure sign of being early noob blobs which would normally crumble a few months down the line if any decent alliances appear). The forums are typically more active when there are multiple pre-made teams on the servers, but a lot of pre-made teams either started on com5 a couple of weeks before this server, or are on break after com1 ended.

• The forums are typically more active when there are multiple pre-made teams on the servers, but a lot of pre-made teams either started on com5 a couple of weeks before this server, or are on break after com1 ended.

Looks like I decided to take Travian up in a few week too late then.

These big METAs seem to form on every server I have ever played, but I am yet to see one become successful and win the server. They normally just become a nice collection of farms. Has this strategy ever pay off? The game does seem as if it has shifted away from aggressive play and is more friendly to players who are less active, I wonder if this has made these types of alliances more successful.

• The servers have generally become more simmy. Though again, it depends on the teams on the server too. There are still a few teams around who smash it all up. But generally, there's a lot less pre-arte agression - which in part comes down to the lower player numbers I guess, since you typically only have players enough in one quad for 2-3 alliances. These early game mega metas still only have a chance if no pre-mades, or teams with knowledgeable leaders are around though.

• Just adding to it:

125%+ 15c's per alliance/confed/meta group (total players/ % with these top croppers)

2.01 settled 14 (66 total players/ 21%)

SWANS have 12 (150 total players/ 8%)

SE have 9 (162 total players/ 6%)

SW have 9 (119 total players/ 8%)

DELTA have 6 (57 players/ 11%)

CÆ$AR have 5 (134 total players/ 4%)

*** have 3 (30 players/ 10%)

NW Elite have 3 (21 players/ 14%)

^X^ have 3 (48 players/ 6%)

12 other

This of course doesn't reveal much aside from stats. Maybe just showing the initial settlements of potentially the strongest capitals. There is of course only limited amounts of these croppers, but it can show who got to them first.

• Some interesting reading there two alliances with the largest number a big 15 croppers are both in the NW. That is looking like the strongest quad at the moment.

Little surprise coming up soon from NW stay updated & please re do the list

We got some early action going on, sounds interesting.

• Its probably a bit early to start looking at WWs, but I have far too much free time, so I thought I'd have a look around and see if there are any early indication of who is going for what WWs.

WW

9 -8 - *** have settled a few 9c and 15c within the vicinity.

-5 -11 Once again just some 15c and 9 c from ***.

-2 12 Nothing obvious

-12 2 One 15 c from ***

11 6 One 9c from Delta and one 15c from ***

100 0 Nothing obvious

-100 0 Nothing obvious

0 100 Nothing obvious

0 -100 5 TNS villages pretty close

100 -100 Lots of SE villages settled

-100 -100 a couple of SW villages settled nearby on a 15c and a 9 c

-100 100 Nothing obvious

100 100 Nothing obvious

I think that is all the WWs.

It seems like *** have settled as many 15c and 9c in the grey area as they could, it doesn't look like they have targeted any particular WW though.

TNS may be going for 0 -100 WW and SE are definitely gathering around 100 -100

Make of that what you will...

• Little surprise coming up soon from NW stay updated & please re do the list

so what was the suprise ?

there is no need to invite everybody to alliances and keep them up for nothing , most of them will leave the game and just leave their account for deff and multi account and .... and 10 good players is better than 60 random players :)

top10 is interesting too , what do you think about that ?

• OMG! The world best raider, bestbazikon is back!!!

Quit com3, quit com2 and now he is in com6??!!

Most probably will just rage quit after he found out that he can't compete in the server.

hahaha fair , i quite com3 because of spiking , i just couldnt handle it .

and com2 , as you my you know , i`m from IRAN and we didint had internet for about 10 days :D so thats about com2 :P how you can play a server when you cant access to it for 10 days ?

yes i`m in ts6 :) and looking for a good alliance

• hahaha fair , i quite com3 because of spiking , i just couldnt handle it .

and com2 , as you my you know , i`m from IRAN and we didint had internet for about 10 days :D so thats about com2 :P how you can play a server when you cant access to it for 10 days ?

hey now, your account was a flop after getting that climbers medal on week 1! 🤔 Legends were dead a week before the internet went dead 😅

Willb1 WW talk already really?

Com2 Divide&Conquer

Com6 Blitz

Post was edited 1 time, last by Blitzkrieger ().

• hahaha fair , i quite com3 because of spiking , i just couldnt handle it .

hahahahahahaha. you already cannot compete even before the internet is down.

I don't really understand what you are talking about.

• bestbazikon do i remember it wrong or didn’t you get banned and punished for something on com3? If so, what was it for?

yes , but it wasnt about the ban , my army and raid was my biggest hope :) i manged my friends account . they were in another side as well but they saw it as multi account :|

hahahahahahaha. you already cannot compete even before the internet is down.

I don't really understand what you are talking about.

i`m playing s6 , JustForFun :)