⚔️ The Wave-builder prototype is almost ready! Discussions and feedback thread ⚔️

• Way to go TG!

50 gold for villa.

Gold much?

Wave builders were always considered illegal, but hey. Now you can have a legal one for only 50 gold.

And its from TG themselves!

Travian isn't a game anymore. It's an enterprise.

.pt4: Maximus :teu01:/.fr3: Medianus :rom02:/.fr6: Minimus :rom03:/.ptp: Medianus:egy02:/.ag7: Minimus :gau02:/.2019 Qualify Group A: Azor Ahai :hun01:/.ag4: Pissed Pigeons :teu01:/ .2019 Finals: Makhai :egy02:/.ts20xv: Apocalypse :hun01:/.ag3: Legion :rom02:/ ts3: ??

• I’m happy about it. Can finally play smashy again as I’m mobile only.

What I’m not happy about is that shocking clubs to rams ratio in the video! 2000 clubs to 200 rams? What are you doing blud what are you doing

• Introducing a new feature to try help more casual players then charging 50 gold per village to use it. Slow clap for whoever thought that was a good idea.

Next they'll announce that the current way of getting 4 waves using offline web browsers is against the rules to force the more hardcore players to use this new feature and bleed a bit more gold out of them.

• Thanks for making my hard decision for me, but now I got no reason to stay in the game, being a hardcore old player have fewer and fewer benefits today as the casuals are slowly getting all those tools etc we've learned over the years for "free"

People making jokes about travian being pay to win is legit getting more and more true.

I sincerely hope that there's plans for servers without these features for the hardcore players as otherwise I foresee you loosing quite a bit of the hardcore players why would we stick here when the only advantage we have now is money.

• Thanks for making my hard decision for me, but now I got no reason to stay in the game, being a hardcore old player have fewer and fewer benefits today as the casuals are slowly getting all those tools etc we've learned over the years for "free"

People making jokes about travian being pay to win is legit getting more and more true.

I sincerely hope that there's plans for servers without these features for the hardcore players as otherwise I foresee you loosing quite a bit of the hardcore players why would we stick here when the only advantage we have now is money.

Well said.

.pt4: Maximus :teu01:/.fr3: Medianus :rom02:/.fr6: Minimus :rom03:/.ptp: Medianus:egy02:/.ag7: Minimus :gau02:/.2019 Qualify Group A: Azor Ahai :hun01:/.ag4: Pissed Pigeons :teu01:/ .2019 Finals: Makhai :egy02:/.ts20xv: Apocalypse :hun01:/.ag3: Legion :rom02:/ ts3: ??

• yikes.

-- Ich hab seit 13 Jahren, 13 Monaten und 13 Tagen --

-- Keine Nacht geschlafen, was mich wach hält ist der Wahnsinn --

:rom08: Nephilim Dreamteam :rom08:

W3 Sieger - SuF 2019/2020

They hate us, cause they ain't us..

• People making jokes about travian being pay to win is legit getting more and more true.

It has always been true since T4 and auctions and silver. 100% pay to win game. One of the worst pay to win games out there imo.

If you are going to add this wave builder, at least make it a PLUS feature or maybe even a Gold Club feature...

100% this. It needs to be a gold club feature. Gold club is already a way for TG to pad their bank accounts every time a new server opens... I am curious how many people purchase gold club when a server opens and then does not play the server...

• go to the hell travian

It has a old UI and it's been several years i'm considering to leave but this was the last hit.

You want some money? Come get my cummy.

Bye travian, i have awfal experiences from this game, really go to hell.

• I have a better idea for the introduction that is sure to get the approval of the travian HQ gods. Remove this as a stand alone feature/charge, move this to a gold club feature but then change the gold club charge from 50 to 100 gold. This should solve all the complaints above Travian HQ.

• 50 gold ain’t that much, you get that in silver from selling your first 10 adventure stuff. Basically it’s free. Stop crying

The problem is not about the amount of gold.

Travian is far behind other games.

For example the not existing app.

Making a step forward to a more mobile friendly game should not be combined with let costumer pay for the missing standards at travian.

This tool needs to be free or within the gold club cause otherwise the argument to get rid of illegal free tools is not working.

• But looking at the TG replies on Facebook, they make it sound like that they made it to combat illegal tools and as an alternative for the people who can’t do it manually?

Combating scripts was a big thing from the French community. It is an alternative for those who can't do it manually, mobile in particular and those who don't want to play around with browsers like K-Melon. The tool itself will also make sending multiple waves a less time consuming thing in general, and time is the biggest issue this game faces. I should point out that there are multiple reasons to make the tool with some bigger than others.

50 gold ain’t that much, you get that in silver from selling your first 10 adventure stuff. Basically it’s free. Stop crying

Crunch and I agree. Apocalypse in progress. I will say 50 gold per village might be a bit unreasonable, 50 for the entire account would be more reasonable I think. Though the number of people running multiple hammers are a fraction of those who are offense to begin with, who are also a fraction of the actual player population. Maybe 1/3 of my current alliance (~100 players) could be considered offense and I would say maybe 1/5 of those will run multiple hammers. Doing some rounding that means maybe 5 players in my alliance would actually use it in multiple villages. Given the fact you could potentially have better luck with the offline method it's hard to say how many hammers would actually use it anyway. Hammers are also more likely to be heavy gold users anyway. What is 50 gold to those people? I see people use that in a few minutes.

100% pay to win game.

I completely disagree. You can easily play this game at a "good" level for 600 gold a month (on average, more in the first half of a server and less over time). The marginal benefit of spending beyond that is quite small except when combined with extreme skill and TIME. A game that is "free" is a game that doesn't exist at all. It has to make money to operate in some fashion. Whether that is a ton of ads, premium features or selling your data. Travian has no ads (well optional ones), they don't sell your data and the premium features have a strict decline in ROI as you spend more.

As for why it is not 100% accurate - that is largely because of complaints from people/communities (I'm looking at the Germans in particular) that doing so would completely remove skill from the game. In theory the offline method can be more accurate (my testing and discussions with others show your mileage will vary, for instance I only got 60% 4wps in the first second in 44 personal trials, others have claimed upwards of 90% but I don't have the actual data).

Another (more valid) reason is that this helps keep sniping alive. There is a tendency for Off players to stick to 4 waves to minimize this possibility to begin with and this trend would just get worse with a 100% accurate tool. As an Op planner I find the damn annoying because then you need to stack 6 players on a village. But the point is, 100% accurate = no chance to snipe on those 4 waves ever. With 80%, there will be circumstances you can snipe some.

Former Anglosphere Ambassador 2019-2020

Post was edited 1 time, last by BlackBlade ().