⚔️ The Wave-builder prototype is almost ready! Discussions and feedback thread ⚔️

⭐ Advent Calendar giveaway ⭐

December! 🎁 Gift time!
Every day from December 1st to December 24th, starting at 10:00 AM (UTC+1), we'll be doing an 8-hour giveaway in Discord! Don't miss ➡️ today's surprise! ⬅️
How can you participate? Join us in the official Travian: Legends Discord server, accept the rules to unlock all the channels, head to the #advent-calendar channel, and seize your chance to win!
  • I completely disagree. You can easily play this game at a "good" level for 600 gold a month

You are right you can do a lot with being active but I do not think its good to charge costumers to being able to play this game better form the mobile while not even having an app.

• These are the (better) options rather than 50G like:

1. i think better if it's cost is 5 golds for one time wave builder in any village.
    2. combine it with the Gold Club in military building is like Treasury or Workshop so that every 2 levels have 1 'wave builder'.
    3. Wave builder only for player that have at least 10 villages for 10G activated for one season.
    4. Option 4 is... Don't add it in Travian and just sell cheaper gold.

Vanilla-1s-289px_1.gif

Final Turnamen 2020 dimulai 17.11.2020

• Well you don’t have to pay.... sell stuff on auctions....

Or, just don’t use it.

• Well you don’t have to pay.... sell stuff on auctions....

Or, just don’t use it.

"Making a step forward to a more mobile friendly game should not be combined with let costumer pay for the missing standards at travian." - as said before. Its not about the amount of gold.

• play this game better form the mobile

First I'll say that I think the experience will always be best on a computer. That is the game in general as well as this feature, app or not. I wouldn't be able to do half of what I do if I didn't use my computer. (both for my account and alliance)

So in regards to this feature, while it gives mobile players access to something they otherwise wouldn't have it isn't being implemented solely for that reason. It is just one of many benefits.

I'm also of the opinion that the company needs to make a profit on the game otherwise there is no incentive to invest in it or in the worst case scenario even keep it running. This isn't a game you buy in a store and pay for once, it never has been and never will. It is an MMO which means continuous change and constant support which costs money. Adding a mix of free and paid features is the only way to make the game sustainable.

Former Anglosphere Ambassador 2019-2020

• "Making a step forward to a more mobile friendly game should not be combined with let costumer pay for the missing standards at travian." - as said before. Its not about the amount of gold.

I am a player that plays entirely from mobile so I am the target audience and I’m ok with it. What’s your beef? You do know they need to pay the developers right?

50 gold per village is a lot fairer than I thought it would be, my guess would’ve been 3 gold per send. Assuming you’re doing at least 5 fake sets twice a week that’s a lot more than 50

• I am a player that plays entirely from mobile so I am the target audience and I’m ok with it. What’s your beef? You do know they need to pay the developers right?

50 gold per village is a lot fairer than I thought it would be, my guess would’ve been 3 gold per send. Assuming you’re doing at least 5 fake sets twice a week that’s a lot more than 50

You keep ignoring the fact that a game which is unable to code an app should not charge money for coming the more mobile friendly game.

I gold more than most people - I don’t care if I need to pay 50 or 200 or what ever

I just don't agree on charging on a feature which should reduce using illegal tools and helps mobile players.

Its more than you or me and you see the most people agree on that.

• Next they'll announce that the current way of getting 4 waves using offline web browsers is against the rules to force the more hardcore players to use this new feature and bleed a bit more gold out of them.

They do actually consider it illegal, they've just graciously decided not to actively enforce it. Apparently they thought "conventional unmodified browser", which is what the game rules say, meant "popular".

K-meleon specifically is, according to TG, illegal, because they claim it's a modified version of firefox (when in reality, both firefox and K-meleon simply share the same browser engine - by which logic Opera is an illegal browser too (uses the same engine as Chrome))

• They do actually consider it illegal

I've since received clarification on that (a public statement is in the CM backlog to announce) which includes a list of browsers they advise using. These are browsers they know to be safe to use in their base installation configuration. Other browsers are "legal" in the sense you are free to use them, but they cannot be sure the base installation of the browser does not include a script or add-on that could trip the bot detection system. So you use them at your own risk.

Former Anglosphere Ambassador 2019-2020

• Guess which browsers will be blacklisted after wave builder implementation? :D

Or are they already? I haven't been paying attention lately.

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

~That's a fine looking high horse~

• I'm unsure where you are coming from, TG isn't a charity It is a business and always was. Get real, if it is too expensive for you just don't play.

Also it is entirely possible to have a top 100 anglosphere defence account on around £1 per week, less than half the price of overpriced coffee or the same as the bus fare into town these days (*assuming 1 gold is 3p).

e.g. Assuming a server lasts 300 days..

One off costs 100 for gold club, no need for wave builder if you are a defender (100 gold)

NCP costs at 1.5 per day on average (450 gold)

Plus for server at 10 per 7 days (430 gold)

Crop bonus at 5 per 7 days (210 gold)

Other 25% bonuses (not all the time say 50% of time 8 per 7 days) (340 gold)

Be sure also to get some silver from gold at the auction and complete at least the 50pts daily quest.

So I think that tots up to around 1500 gold or 2x600 gold packages and a bit (one bought when 30% bonus on) or around £40-£45 for the server (remember there is some free gold at on start up and chance to get some via being smart at auctions).

Not too terrible if you compare to a new xbox/Nintendo/sony game is it? The key to a good account is being active (log in often & build stuff) and here is another tip you can DUAL AND SHARE THE COST WITH A FRIEND.

• Just read above. It's not about the amount if gold.

• And after you pay all that and invest your time on top of it, the game will crash, they'll play innocent and even blame you for it and after that they'll come up with some genius improvement (shielding themselves behind "community demands") only to dig deeper into your pockets. Yep, I see no reason for people to be unsatisfied. Game on, Travianers! ;) You asked for it, now pay up! God forbid TG does anything to improve this game for the sake of improvement only since they are obviously struggling to attract/keep players. I guess their priorities are somewhere else.

How can you even compare xbox/Nintendo/sony games with this is beyond me. And as you said it's for ONE server. How much are those games and how many times you need to pay for them?

• I appreciate that we were given a thread to voice concerns in and more than 24 hours later not a single one has been addressed.

Did all the staff members know in advance how this would be recieved and just muted this thread as soon as it was posted?

• dominic1146 Soon you can mark your answer as important by spending 50 gold for each post.

This thread is showing how the community is thinking about getting a pay to skill button.

What should they say?

"Sorry - we need more money as we are loosing player on a daily base as we are not listen to the community while developing this game."

Ridder Huma  :/

• And after you pay all that and invest your time on top of it, the game will crash, they'll play innocent and even blame you for it and after that they'll come up with some genius improvement (shielding themselves behind "community demands") only to dig deeper into your pockets. Yep, I see no reason for people to be unsatisfied. Game on, Travianers! ;) You asked for it, now pay up! God forbid TG does anything to improve this game for the sake of improvement only since they are obviously struggling to attract/keep players. I guess their priorities are somewhere else.

How can you even compare xbox/Nintendo/sony games with this is beyond me. And as you said it's for ONE server. How much are those games and how many times you need to pay for them?

You're talking like they never sell console games addons or you ever play one game for more than a few months before buying & movin on to another game. The game producers have to pay talented designers, programmers, artists, voice actors and musicians, therefore they need a steady flow of dosh, therefore they sell you more products. Simple commerce.

If you want to design, build and give away your own games go for it.

Do any of the players here live in the real world?

• But they can't stop talking about community wishes. I sense a flaw in legendary ambassadors program. As if there's a missing link in communication :/