⚔️ The Wave-builder prototype is almost ready! Discussions and feedback thread ⚔️

⭐ Advent Calendar giveaway ⭐

December! 🎁 Gift time!
Every day from December 1st to December 24th, starting at 10:00 AM (UTC+1), we'll be doing an 8-hour giveaway in Discord! Don't miss ➡️ today's surprise! ⬅️
How can you participate? Join us in the official Travian: Legends Discord server, accept the rules to unlock all the channels, head to the #advent-calendar channel, and seize your chance to win!
  • Do any of the players here live in the real world?

Yep, where we spend real money and want real value for it. I'm not running a charity for travian either. Why would I care about their expenses or their profit? The thing is they had some serious issues with game lately and their response to the rising dissatisfaction is to demand more money for it? How thick you (by you I mean TG) need to be to not foresee this reaction?

What are you saying here? I have to like it because you don't have a problem with it? They've started a thread to hear opinions. We give them opinions.

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

~That's a fine looking high horse~

• Ohh really ? Why should we even play anymore ?

Are you also planning to make a "build my village" or "move ress and queue troops" button ?

In case the message is not sarcastic :P "Build my village" and "move ress" are already there - queue troops is probably the next one to get on the list as soon as another ambassador goes to Munich to present our ideas on how TG can milk the players more

A game that is "free" is a game that doesn't exist at all.

Dota. Free to play, skills to win, no ads game, doesn't require a one time purchase - gets frequently updated with patch balances and everything. Even the tournaments are free to join, publicly available to all.

Compared to Travian they're at disadvantage at the constumers it can target too since it doesn't work on mobiles or older computers. Still, it held the biggest prized E-Sport tournament ever since their way of milking people is a lot different than TG's.

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

• You completely missed the point here. Also, you must be kind of new to this game. Back in the day, Travian was free you know.

Judging by your comments, one either spends gold or doesn't play Travian.

I have one question for you: if you lived in a country where a 1600 gold package costs 1/4 of your minimum wage, what would your priorities be?

I'm not saying this is my case, but it is the case in some game worlds.

I find it funny people complain about Travian becoming a pay to win game, but posts like these give me the answer. Like graculus said. Stop playing and leave it to all gold whores to dominate Travian servers. Now, every basic economy teacher will teach you it is better to have a cheap product in a big market than an expensive product in a small market. Travian server numbers are smaller every year and what TG do? Increase gold demand. The difference between gold users and little to no gold users in features will become bigger and that may lead to even more players becoming frustrated and leaving the game.

The issue here is not simply the 50 gold cost.

.pt4: :teu01:/.fr3: :rom02:/.fr6: :rom03:/.ptp: :egy02:/.ag7: :gau02:/.2019 Qualify Group A: :hun01:/.ag4: :teu01:/ .2019 Finals: :egy02:/.ts20xv: :hun01:/ .ag3: :rom02:/ ts3: ??

• Bla bla bla..

From all of those above is nothing. I think we just follow the admin. We (always) dont have anything bargaining power to reject the server.

Vanilla-1s-289px_1.gif

Final Turnamen 2020 dimulai 17.11.2020

• The issue is not just the 50 gold - right.

It just shows the development.

While we are discussing here about that or other threads about techs/multis the mods are open new discussion and not even wrote here once

Play less - invest less and take the community’s to new games :)

• mods

The mods aren't the Game Center nor are the CMs. All of their announcements are direct from the Game Center and they are not given information that would allow them to comment on this topic directly until they are given information by the Game Center. Anything from the Game Center takes time for a variety of reasons including the dysfunctional community management system, general slowness of Game Center action and the need to translate everything into multiple languages for same day release of information. So don't blame the mods, they are volunteers who just try and ensure there is a nice forum environment for us. Nor should you blame the CMs who while they are employees are given the bare minimum to work with the community. Even as Ambassador with direct access to the Game Center I've not got much to add either, I've explained what I know from the discussions that lead up to the announcement. I've got nothing new to add because I've had radio silence on the subject so far. (refer to earlier point regarding general slowness)

Even given that when announcements are made, regardless of what kind the communities don't always give them a fair shake and try to understand the reasons behind a choice that was made. They are trying to balance the wants and interests of thousands of players from 27 different communities who all view and play the game differently. They also need to balance the need to make money on the game. How the Game Center interactions with the community and the decisions they make are flawed but the community also needs to put some level into understanding. (even when the communications from the Game Center botch the messaging on a topic)

The following is based on my understanding and interpretation.

The wave builder was added for the following reasons (in no particular order):

• To make it so you could send same second waves without using a separate unconventional browser on a PC
    • To make it so you could send same second waves on mobile
    • To make it easier in general to send waves (time)
    • To try and reduce the number of players using scripts to send waves

The wave builder was developed in the way it was for the following reasons:

• Less than 100% accuracy - to address concerns from some that it eliminated skill and to give players a chance to send better waves using the current methods
    • 50 Gold Cost - based on amounts that research indicated players would be willing to pay. Generates revenue which is a good thing and is an optional expense. Offline method is still an option on PC, which is the main platform of the game.
    • Limited to 8 waves - skill issue, if you want to send more use the offline method. Another reason was to limit the damage that could be done?

Another thing to keep in mind is this is a prototype, the final feature can change including the pricing. I don't expect the final feature to be implemented for several weeks as they gather feedback on its functionality, work on any bugs and of course examine the pricing topic.

Former Anglosphere Ambassador 2019-2020

• Well, we can't discuss its functionality since it's not released in game. What is obvious from this thread is that the community is sick of their slowness and inefficiency. They remember their community only when they need fresh ideas, because they can't do even that. Only to butcher those same ideas and make profit on them. After we've handed them for free to "improve game". They have shown 0 understanding or will to improve and keep using the same narrative about having to satisfy too many people. You can't satisfy everyone, but if what you are offering is actually working, things will settle down. Unfortunately, it's not. Free scripts will still be there. They have to translate and that's why we are waiting? Please, stop defending them. You're making them look even more ridiculous. If that's even possible after all they've done. If they include new wave builder in gold club without changing the price of the club, we've done something here. If not... oh well, it's only travian. Other games are waiting to be explored.

• There is 0 “skill” in having a faster pc than someone else, any idiot can send waves same second

Then why ruin it with Wavebuilder. It will most definitely dull the game and the way it's headed it will lose the only thing that made it interesting in the first place - risk. Risk to send waves, chiefs, snipe properly and everything inbetween.

This feature will benefit small percent of playerbase who only play through phone but it will change the game for the worse in the long run for everyone else. Ffs the whole point of travian is that it's different from other MMOs. xD

• There is 0 “skill” in having a faster pc than someone else, any idiot can send waves same second

Oh, you'd be surprised ^^ although it doesn't take more than 5 mins to learn.

But I completely agree with you.

• it's what crunchy said..just dunno how to copy/paste it on phone. xd

Three vertical dots on the right, click "quote" ^^

I still agree with what you said about wavebuilder. And I know some people who keep bragging about this and that and still can't master ss waves. We could send waves long time ago when we all had much slower computers and internet. :S Hitting and planning the right time is what makes it fun. The rest is just the same as any other game out there.

Then why ruin it with Wavebuilder. It will most definitely dull the game and the way it's headed it will lose the only thing that made it interesting in the first place - risk. Risk to send waves, chiefs, snipe properly and everything inbetween.

This feature will benefit small percent of playerbase who only play through phone but it will change the game for the worse in the long run for everyone else. Ffs the whole point of travian is that it's different from other MMOs. xD

Because I don’t own a computer anymore ....

• Yes! :D

Exactly, wavebuilder is really not needed. I do agree off players can't really do anything if they're only playing by phone but if you are serious about playing (off especially) you will use laptop, pc or any other thingie that lets you make those waves just the way you want them.

TGs revenue is not even worth mentioning, only heavy gold users (and occassional newbies) will build multiple off villages so they'll spend..200 gold at best - that can be gained from auctions (as someone pointed out) so revenue won't go up. Even if revenue was relevant for this topic - they do have other games besides Travian Legends..you know that, right? (Just check prices in RailNation - those trains will rob you blind xD ).

The only ones who benefit with this blashpemy are:

- Slackers who don't know there's free version of it on the net.

- Newbies (who don't know there's..)

- Idk how whoever mentioned this idea at München benefits from this but them too!

Travian started looking great recently with all the new designs, anti-spiking system..5 tribes (coming soon on x1 servers fingers crossed) - that alone will bring new players (and old ones) who will be interested in learning this game and spending money on it after they win a server in some ally they liked. It really doesn't need this and no bs shallow logic will convince me otherwise.

• Well damn, I should've told that to Yoshi (guy from com4) who not only used it frequently but also advised his team member(s) to use it as well.

Wanna guess if he got banned or nahh?

Here I'll help you a bit - I reported him. Three times.

• This just happened in a different world :)

Not to mention symbolic compensations you get with EVERY game update. I know the topic here is wavebuilder, but it's also the communication with your players. Among other things, wavebuilder is facing backlash because of the lousy communication and constant finger pointing at the people who are your customers whenever there's something wrong.

• I've played 10 years on and off. Gold was a feature on the first server I did in 2009 or thereabouts. Here is one of my early accounts, probably the first one I used gold on before that I played a few servers without gold. I deleted because my alliance were not really in with a chance of competing for a WW & I'd lost some villages because their defence was not very organised. https://www.gettertools.com/s2…o.uk.2/Player/2716-Muddle

I think you'll find TG have analysed how they make their money and understand how they make their income. Also packages on servers aimed at countrys where income is low are correspondingly cheaper & there is a tendency for players from lower salary countrys to dual as a lower gold user with another player who buys most if not all of the gold. If TG kills their income stream then that will be their own fault but I'm sure they think this change will not have a -ve effect. One thing is guaranteed there will be a rash of complaints about changes, whatever they are.

Your understanding of economics leaves a lot to be desired. It is possible to run a business selling premium products to higher wealth individuals or enterprises, how do you think Bond Fund managers or Airplane manufacturers make their money?