⚔️ The Wave-builder prototype is almost ready! Discussions and feedback thread ⚔️

⭐ Advent Calendar giveaway ⭐

December! 🎁 Gift time!
Every day from December 1st to December 24th, starting at 10:00 AM (UTC+1), we'll be doing an 8-hour giveaway in Discord! Don't miss ➡️ today's surprise! ⬅️
How can you participate? Join us in the official Travian: Legends Discord server, accept the rules to unlock all the channels, head to the #advent-calendar channel, and seize your chance to win!
  • I've played 10 years on and off. Gold was a feature on the first server I did in 2009 or thereabouts. Here is one of my early accounts, probably the first one I used gold on before that I played a few servers without gold. I deleted because my alliance were not really in with a chance of competing for a WW & I'd lost some villages because their defence was not very organised. https://www.gettertools.com/s2…o.uk.2/Player/2716-Muddle

I think you'll find TG have analysed how they make their money and understand how they make their income. Also packages on servers aimed at countrys where income is low are correspondingly cheaper & there is a tendency for players from lower salary countrys to dual as a lower gold user with another player who buys most if not all of the gold. If TG kills their income stream then that will be their own fault but I'm sure they think this change will not have a -ve effect. One thing is guaranteed there will be a rash of complaints about changes, whatever they are.

Your understanding of economics leaves a lot to be desired. It is possible to run a business selling premium products to higher wealth individuals or enterprises, how do you think Bond Fund managers or Airplane manufacturers make their money?

Are you comparing the population from Travian to higher wealth individuals?

Have you ever played brasilian or latin american servers?

Do you even know how much 50 gold costs in their currency and current exchange rate?

Whatever rocks your boat.

Just say yes by default to everything TG forces at you and do not question anything about it.

There is a big difference in analysing things from your individual perspective ( amount of gold you as an individual and player can and will afford and so find fair) than from a global perspective.

Enough said.

.pt4: :teu01:/.fr3: :rom02:/.fr6: :rom03:/.ptp: :egy02:/.ag7: :gau02:/.2019 Qualify Group A: :hun01:/.ag4: :teu01:/ .2019 Finals: :egy02:/.ts20xv: :hun01:/ .ag3: :rom02:/ ts3: ??

• Just some technical issues;

When you spend 50gold on XX|YY having the option to send waves like this,

what when village is lost or zeroed, and rechiefed or resettled?

Can we bet that the 50 gold spent is lost as well?

Meaning that; spending gold on a XX|YY location is a useless option.

If TG wants it as a paid option, make it something for whole round like goldclub option (but not included in goldclub when price goes up) or add it as extra feature to goldclub options (while goldclub price stays as is).

My favourite would be the extra option to buy for a whole round, as i would never activate it (do not use phone to send). But anyone is then free to decide if they want to activate te option or not.

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed . . .

History:

Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2) and many more not listed.

Valhalla, Carpe Diem (t3 .com classics), CS! 2017 finals (Croatia)

CUP 2018 finals, X3 2019 finals (Russia)

~ The special one... ~

• Just some technical issues;

When you spend 50gold on XX|YY having the option to send waves like this,

what when village is lost or zeroed, and rechiefed or resettled?

Can we bet that the 50 gold spent is lost as well?

If a village with the Wave-builder feature, the feature gets disabled. If you conquer again the feature in that village will NOT automatically enabled again, you will have to activate it again.

Chiefing own village will not deactivate the feature.

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

• If a village with the Wave-builder feature, the feature gets disabled. If you conquer again the feature in that village will NOT automatically enabled again, you will have to activate it again.

It shouldn't be "per village" but account wide.

I actually feel sorry for mods and CM, not blame them :S but I guess you also asked for it.

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

~That's a fine looking high horse~

• Meaning that; spending gold on a XX|YY location is a useless option.

If TG wants it as a paid option, make it something for whole round like goldclub option (but not included in goldclub when price goes up) or add it as extra feature to goldclub options (while goldclub price stays as is).

My favourite would be the extra option to buy for a whole round, as i would never activate it (do not use phone to send). But anyone is then free to decide if they want to activate te option or not.

Ridder Huma

when you ask for feedback, this is the feedback part

not the part you answered before as it is obvious that again tech and design do not have knowledge about ingame things and only implement options as they think it will be a good one.

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed . . .

History:

Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2) and many more not listed.

Valhalla, Carpe Diem (t3 .com classics), CS! 2017 finals (Croatia)

CUP 2018 finals, X3 2019 finals (Russia)

~ The special one... ~

• :/

When a village with the wave builder get cheifed, the feature will be disabled.

Ridder Huma

when you ask for feedback, this is the feedback part

not the part you answered before as it is obvious that again tech and design do not have knowledge about ingame things and only implement options as they think it will be a good one.

Feedbacks are collected and forwarded as they come.

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

• I'd like, that it will be included in fighting reports when used wave-builder. People should not forget, that there are still (better) ways to send waves than using the wave-builder.

Furthermore I'm really curious. A bad performance (needs to be, since good players should still have benefits by sending manually) + gold function. I mean, the discussion was opened because there is a huge number using non-official wave-builders. How will this change now (and no, TG still seems to not detect this, how should they). The wave-builder community, also a lot of them represented by the LoT, forced TG in the end to do an official wave-builder and I expect exactly those people will continue using the illegal wave-builders :D

• When a village with the wave builder get cheifed, the feature will be disabled.

Feedbacks are collected and forwarded as they come.

Second correction - while making threads for winning 50 hold maybe better take your time to check feedback about gamechanging upcoming features. :saint:

No statement/comment about the gold discussion? ?(

What do you think?

Ridder Huma

• The wave builder was added for the following reasons (in no particular order):

• To try and reduce the number of players using scripts to send waves

If I'm sending waves via script, for free, why would I pay 50 gold for it now? :P

I think this feature is wonderful, it will allow more players to play offensively. Most skill goes into building and using that hammer anyway, it's just a bit dumb you have to pay for it. It will not help the average Joe.

Twee keer naar rechts is hetzelfde als achteruit

• That leaves us only with phone users, which means that wavebuilder was introduced to milk more money without actually making a phone app.

• would really like having wave builder since playing from phone most of the time. About price well should be implemented with gold club to be honest. 50 golds isnt much tho there are many players who survive only from auction and having to get another 50-100gold isnt easy when you need it for bonuses and plus account. Make it with plus account or goldclub as some suggested.

Do not make it costs few gold per send that would be worse idea ever.

And yes tg needs to earn money for server maintenance and staff like any developers just dont make it so that it enforces pay to have big advantages even more.

• This was amusing read.

There is huge demand for mobile play but somehow it does not count.

People get banned for usage of scripts but no-no, they would never pay 50 gold to become legal.

At the very least it will level the field for people who does not use scripts but somehow it does not count either.

TG is commercial organization but they not allowed to charge for new product.

Nobody can give an example TG forcing any paid features by forbidding usage of legal options but sure, they will do it this time.

Common people.... Is there anything that would please you?

Wave builder feature is good addition, price is reasonable. The only issue is if we see bags. Do your part, register an account on PTR and test it instead of whining on forums.

#sidingupwithchurchie notorious crunchie What a day!

• Don’t then. Doesn’t mean other people shouldn’t have the opportunity to pay 50 gold for something they can’t do from a mobile

Of course it doesn't. That's why it should be in the gold club for the whole round for everyone to use from the phone.