Global rollout of version 4.5 - Discussion thread

🔥 New user interface & tribe specific buildings survey 🔥
The answers can be submitted until February 21, 2020 10:00 GMT+1.
The survey results will form a foundation for our future work on the needed adjustments based on your wishes and suggestions.
➡️ TO THE SURVEY ⬅️

• Hello,

will there be any option to opt out of the current graphics overhaul and be able to use the old one at least until the end of the round? (COM3). The newer graphics have everyone pretty much confused and disgruntled over the current state of the game.

That is currently NOT planned. I am sorry.

However the critisim is being forwarded from all domains etc. and changes will be made according to that.

• While I agree that teutons look bad, I like the romans look:

The colors are fine, only a little spacing problem in the top between great granary and MB (this is just my opinion).

• soooo, the developers are racially prejudiced against us poor teuts??

;(

Blackblade wrote:

and yet everyone seems to love her..It remains to be seen if this is out of fear and indoctrination or actual love

Scarecrow wrote:

a bit of both, really

Clash wrote:

When those guys with hug-me coats show up, you go quietly...you have to be NUTS to run this bunch

us1 - SIO Win

us4 - SIO Win
    us3 - FWB Win

• soooo, the developers are racially prejudiced against us poor teuts??

;(

My evil plan of Romans taking over Travian is finnaly working!

I guess this is how they nerfed the level 20 Brewery. Make people unable to click to upgrade the right building :/

• While I agree that teutons look bad, I like the romans look:

The colors are fine, only a little spacing problem in the top between great granary and MB (this is just my opinion).

I agree with you, the roman and gaelic villages are really nice . I dont know the egyptians and huns but the roman and gaelic villages are gorgeous in the new version of the game :)

• There wont be any foodchain if they dont do something quickly... I think the goal was to attract new players with the new design, since the more 'fantasy' look might not have been appealing for new players.

I think most players werent necessarily against a visual update, but Travian really really really messed up on this one. TG... I play teuton... And I'm not colourblind. So please put some life into the graphics before the game and its comunity really is dead!

• can someone post a pic of a gaul village? because Huns and teuts are horrible.

.pt4: Maximus :teu01:/.fr3: Medianus :rom02:/.fr6: Minimus :rom03:/.ptp: Medianus:egy02:/.as7: Minimus :gau02:/.2019 Qualify Group A: Azor Ahai :hun01:

.as4: Pissed Pigeons :teu01:/ .2019 Finals: Makhai :egy02:

• I can understand the idea of different color schemes, but why change the shapes of the buildings? They could have used the existing buildings, and with some minor modifications made a different skin for each tribe. Then it would look new and different, but we could still identify the buildings without have to click on each one til we find what we need.

They could also have left it alone the way we liked it, but that's just crazy talk ?(

• I dont mind the new UI, it just takes some getting used to. Wouldnt have minded keeping the old UI though.

I have a question: Do heroes that level up get full health again? It is that way on the x5 server, but is this the case in all 4.5 servers?

• I accidentally voted no without fully reading, thinking that it was a "no, this is garbage"

- Not being able to build anything in the MB slot except for the MB is not a good feature, and makes having level 19 crops before arties much more difficult, as well as post arties where most people demo their MB for something else, like a GG.
    - The building artwork is terrible and extremely hard to distinguish buildings apart from each other. There should be an option for old artwork/graphics
    - The aesthetic of the village interior/exterior is far too dark, but to compensate for this, they made the villages, link list, info box, etc far too white/bright.

- Did I mention the buildings are hard to tell apart from each other?

- Since our buildings shuffled around, we should have the option to relocate the buildings to spots of our choosing. I don't like the locations of some buildings now, but liked them where they were previously. All of my villages have buildings in the same location and I am picky about where they are.

- A few have complained that the UI isn't good for migraines

- A few have complained that the hero xp/hp are hard to read as it.

(Personally I have no issue with the last two, just passing along thoughts)

Bully me and I'll blow up Del's cap

Post was edited 1 time, last by Jarwa ().

• I think the community is dying anyways...Servers went down from 30-40k players years ago, to having 1k players in 2020, around arty times, and at most 4-500 actives.

With this move, they’ve just decide to pull the plug.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

s5.com

• However the critisim is being forwarded from all domains etc. and changes will be made according to that.

ok, uh ....can you give an example of a time when this has happened? I've only been playing since 2008 so I'm a noob and don't think I've ever seen this.

Blackblade wrote:

and yet everyone seems to love her..It remains to be seen if this is out of fear and indoctrination or actual love

Scarecrow wrote:

a bit of both, really

Clash wrote:

When those guys with hug-me coats show up, you go quietly...you have to be NUTS to run this bunch

us1 - SIO Win

us4 - SIO Win
    us3 - FWB Win

• ok, uh ....can you give an example of a time when this has happened? I've only been playing since 2008 so I'm a noob and don't think I've ever seen this.

Most recent ones is the button at the top that was 1 button that swapped between inside and outside of the village. After the forum backlash, they changed it into 2 buttons. I am talking about this:

was changed to (the 1st button was a toggle and it was super annoying (at least for me)).

• I generally try to be positive about updates TG puts out as you can tell they are working harder to make the game better. At first I was excited to hear that each of the tribe's buildings would look a little different. But echoing the concerns of everyone else, I had no idea this meant that all the buildings would look so similar! It's absolutely awful and leads to a ton of wasted time on the player end. And man, can I see that making things hard on a new player who is still learning what all of the buildings do. PLEASE give us an update to this ASAP- this is the most universally hated thing we've gotten from TG since the great rollback charade of 2019.

A quick list of some of the positive changes:

• I very much like the quick link to the "send troops" tab of the rally point (in far top left corner of hero box)
    • The notifications for when daily quests are complete at the top is a good change and makes it less likely to be forgotten
    • The way an entire resource field gets highlighted when you move your mouse over it is very aesthetically pleasing
    • The ability to que extra parties is AWESOME. Great call there.
    • More noticable size difference between GG/GW and their regular counterparts
    • When logged in to an account you sit for, the "options" button is a different color from the other buttons next to it indicating it cannot be clicked.
    • You can change the name of your village by just clicking on the village name from village overview, no need to push an edit button

I can tell the devs worked hard to make improvements with this update. So I don't want to just crap all over it. But all the complaints about the buildings looking too similar isn't just the community not wanting to embrace change- they make basic account management much more difficult. I don't find the fixed main building slot to be a big problem (I never demolish mine), but I know there are viable playstyles that have depended on demolishing mainbuilding for extra storage buildings, and I don't think that option should be taken away from players. They should have gotten more feedback from the community on the new looks of the buildings before releasing- we never would have gotten behind this, and I highly doubt most of the veterans (you know, the ones who spend lots of money on this game) will "learn to like" the new layout. I'd be much happier if I woke up tomorrow and things were back the way they were, even if I do like a few of the new features, and I know everyone I've spoken with agrees.

• I always liked Travians graphic style.

A bit childish, a bit playful... Just easy on the eyes and very distinguishable.

The problem I have with the graphic change is that Travian loses that. It feels plain and uninspired.

With the old graphics I at least had some color variation in my villages. There was just more going on, idk... I genuinely enjoyed "clicking around". I guess... it felt more alive?

Having the same color pattern for everything might be more correct for a tribes specific building style and such.. but there needs to be some sort of variation. The playful color scheme is one of the reasons I always preferred Travian over other strategy browser games, such as DieStämme.

Now some might say that its really not that important.. and yea maybe it isn't. Maybe I'll get used to it and stuff.. but I'll always miss something.
    Another problem is that I actually don't know how to fix it. :D Like how to combine those two designs into one that's even better..

Anyways.. Just wanted to share my thoughts.

-- Ich hab seit 13 Jahren, 13 Monaten und 13 Tagen --

-- Keine Nacht geschlafen, was mich wach hält ist der Wahnsinn --

:rom08: Nephilim Dreamteam :rom08:

SuF 2019/2020