Global rollout of version 4.5 - Discussion thread

• I’d like a public statement from TG regarding the thought process behind this new design update

I really don’t want to be rude, but my best guess would be mushrooms or something similar, so they probably saw the brown as something very colorful.

Next patch will have dragons too!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

s5.com

• All the buildings look too similar plus you changed the layout so the buildings have moved so no idea what building is where. If you insisted on changing the layout mid game you should have at least kept the buildings the same for a while so everyone got used to the new layout whilst still knowing which building was which, then changed the look of the buildings. Or better yet, don't make the changes mid server, only do it when a new server starts! The new layout means there's no order to where my buildings are now.

• Hello all,

I understand that this update to version 4.5 has upset you and I will read all comments carefully and forward them to the developers.

Are there any good things in this upgrade?
    What more exactly would make sense to change?

About the main building:

Generally speaking, the change is connected with the new shape of the village. We understand that it is a gameplay change and we had to take the decision to do it. We are still evaluating the consequences of this change on the gameplay side. There is still one little possibility that in the future this change will be reversed depending on the development direction the game will take, but atm it is not planned to do it.

I appreciate that you all write your opinions about this. This is important for us players and also for us in the staff.

• There are quite a few quality of life things I actually appreciate about the update, but they're overshadowed by my initial reaction of how similar all the buildings look, and how overall things look a little bit duller. I don't need to reiterate all the hate for the new design, so let me say some nice things instead

The nice things:

- The new notifications when on the top bar when you've completed a daily quest. I often forget that I've completed them, so this is a really nice feature

- The light outline/highlight on resource fields when you hover over them. Tiny detail, but it feels nice

- The convenient "send troops from hero's home village" button next to the hero is a nice convenient button I'll definitely be using

- I think I actually like the hero icon being on the top, it makes room on the side so the link list can be higher up and I don't have to scroll down to get to me quick links as much anymore

Good minor features, but completely overshadowed by the dull new building design. It just doesn't fit with the brighter style of the resource view and map.

- my two cents

• it is important for your players ? you TG just made s... on us,the players

We are the one that put thousands of euro on a server,that spend a lot of time on this game and that`s what we get ?! i`m really sick of it <X

not to say about the rewards of 50/100 gold for contest,that`s another discussion of course but there you TG show again how much you care about your players,giving them 3 to 5 euro for winning a contest,when many of us spend 100 gold a day or even much more

Anyway,i`m done with this game no matter what. i don`t want to be somewhere where you get 10% when your dedication is 100% .

you just come with your feet on the server i was playing,changing the graphic in the middle of the server,i start something but i have to continue with something else ?! disgusting

• Hey,

I agree with all of the above. Usually with changes, at least the crew try to point out the positives. Here, the crew are asking for them....

The moat is nice.

The font is ok.

Big ows:

Production not shown when in village.

The building design/colouration. Also, I think the old ones were better looking. Changing them mid-server wasn't the best idea. The resolution isn't that good either?!

Resource view is ten kilometres long now. We don't all have two screens like you do in Munich.

• "Happy wrote: I’d like a public statement from TG regarding the thought process behind this new design update

I really don’t want to be rude, but my best guess would be mushrooms or something similar, so they probably saw the brown as something very colorful.

Next patch will have dragons too!"

Happy that would be assuming there was a thought process behind this really awful update. Please, please, please travian can we have a rollback of the server to at least yesterday were we knew where our buildings were and what they were. Better still roll right back to the T3 servers so we can start again, and the game developers leave our game alone. If you really want to mess up a game start a new one and mess that up, leave Travian alone

• As said above, the notification you have when you can collect your daily quest is nice. That being said, that's the only good thing I've been able to come up with.

- Not being able to build anything in the MB slot except for the MB is not a good feature, and makes having level 19 crops before arties much more difficult, as well as post arties where most people demo their MB for something else, like a GG.

- The building artwork is terrible and extremely hard to distinguish buildings apart from each other. There should be an option for old artwork/graphics. Some tribes got shafted more than others, but imo all are hard to tell apart.

- As a Teuton, the aesthetic of the village interior/exterior is far too dark, but to compensate for this, they made the villages, link list, info box, etc far too white/bright.

- Did I mention the buildings are hard to tell apart from each other?

- Since our buildings shuffled around, we should have the option to relocate the buildings to spots of our choosing. I don't like the locations of some buildings now, but liked them where they were previously. All of my villages have buildings in the same location and I am picky about where they are.

- A small gripe, but the text on your currently selected village is really spaced out and looks weird.

- When you click the silver icon, it opens the gold shop. I believe previously it opened the auction house, but I may be mistaken.

- A few have complained that the UI isn't good for migraines

- A few have complained that the hero xp/hp are hard to read as it.

(Personally I have no issue with the last two, just passing along thoughts)

I hope that this update is a step forward to something like a mobile app, since it is to increase mobile optimization. If that's the case, they should say so, as some would be willing to take these punches to the gut for some forward progress that should have happened years ago. The update would be received better, but the artwork would still be the primary issue, which seems to be the case with just about everyone.

Not being able to replace your Main Building with anything else is pretty tilting though. I assume it has something to do with the coding, but that just sounds like poor coding and a bandaid fix, rather than actually fixing a bigger issue.

Bully me and I'll blow up Del's cap

• I hope that this update is a step forward to something like a mobile app, since it is to increase mobile optimization. If that's the case, they should say so, as some would be willing to take these punches to the gut for some forward progress that should have happened years ago. The update would be received better, but the artwork would still be the primary issue, which seems to be the case with just about everyone.

Not being able to replace your Main Building with anything else is pretty tilting though. I assume it has something to do with the coding, but that just sounds like poor coding and a bandaid fix, rather than actually fixing a bigger issue.

A commend you for a well made response!

Onto the quoted topic. I believe that is also a reason. I have tested it on Anglo5 (because of the linked post a few words ahead) and I must say that I am a fan. Im talking about this: 📱 Are you ready to test the smartphone optimization?

It is already enabled on Anglo5 (not on others so far) and its much more enjoyable to play on the phone (the main thing bothering me there is that you cant see village production like you can on PC, but im sure that can be fixed).

• Why, out of all the requests and suggestions made by us, your customer base, did the developers choose to play in the box of Jumbo crayolas?

There are sooooooooo many things we have asked for. So many tweaks/improvements that could have been done to enhance the game play, alleviate irritations with the result of increasing your customer base and ultimately, your bottom line. I KNOW these suggestions have been put forward to you by our elected ambassador.

But Travian Games chose not to incorporate any. Rather it appears all of their coders and techs went on strike. TG got confused and hired a bunch of graphic artists instead.

Or kindergardeners wirh crayons.

Blackblade wrote:

and yet everyone seems to love her..It remains to be seen if this is out of fear and indoctrination or actual love

Scarecrow wrote:

a bit of both, really

Clash wrote:

When those guys with hug-me coats show up, you go quietly...you have to be NUTS to run this bunch

us1 - SIO Win

us4 - SIO Win
    us3 - FWB Win

Post was edited 1 time, last by Quelaana ().

• The main problem is that the change is rolled out mid server. We, on Codex, started with it and the only issue that really bothered people was one button and TG listen and changed it. We built in certain order though and got used to it quickly, Mid server it all got messed up and it is overwhelming.

Post was edited 1 time, last by ELE ().

• Codex players are crazy in the sence they don't mind changes to the recipe, maybe that's why this problem hasn't been dealth with before rollout here?

• The main problem is the change is rolled out mid server. We, on Codex, started with it and the only issue that really bothered people was one button and TG listen and changed it. We built in certain order though and got used to it quickly, Mid server it all got messed up and it is overwhelming.

exactly,i start a version but sudenly i have to continue with another one,why ? like really,why ?

Why they don`t put this version on the servers that will start from now so you will know what you`ll play.

if you want to play this register and play if you don`t,don`t.

But after i spent a lot of time and money you steal my toy ?! that`s what we get as a reward for beeing loyal to the game ?!

i spent almost 1000 euro until now on TS4 and they change the game,i don`t want to continue on this new version because wasn`t the one i register in !

i`m gonna fill a complain at european consumers about this also,i will like to get my money back since the server wasn`t looking like that when i made my payments.

• Codex players are crazy in the sence they don't mind changes to the recipe, maybe that's why this problem hasn't been dealth with before rollout here?

Its more about sample size.

This new UI, was 1st released onto test servers and Codex. Not nearly as much backlash there. Then it was released on 1 server per domain (or so I think, Anglo was Anglo5, Balkan was Balkan 3 etc.). Again, not as much backlash (its due to sample size, since counting all of this together is like 4000 people, if that) and when it got released, it was released to 10000s of people world-wide. Its expected to have a louder and harder response to a "bad update".

This is where the forum comes in handy. You voice your opinions, we listen and forward. Things change. Cycle continues.

• The deletion timer looks solid.

Return to old layout?

rollback:D tomorrow

They ask for PRO and Against comments.

I dont have PRO...

I have lots of Against....
    -Buildings, cant figured what is what
    -Graphic

-Mid game update
    -I dont like: if " Return to old layout" , because our time cant be rollbacked.
    -I asked about previous version bugs , if they resolve it.... Answer from MH:" Time will show us " - You are playing with our nervs, money and time.
    - i wait to see until tomorrow, we have Artifact day...than we will see if we continue or not.

P.s. you will come here and delete what you dont like... because TRANSPARENCY wasnt your best Skill last 10 years.

• Yeah... It'd be great if you could change it back by tomorrow...

On that note... Another travian fail. Thank goodness all the kids are playing the game and you have to open new servers to handle the load. As an older player that spends money to play, you just made it more difficult to see anything. Since the money I would use for my optometrist goes to purchase gold, I'll be rectifying the situation shortly. The entire interface is smaller, everything looks the same, and yes... Part of that was someones dumbass decision to make everything shit brown. I was used to the cartoony look of the game. All I ever wanted from travian was the ability to move the existing buildings to new placements within the village. You know... Like when you chief someone and all their crap was placed willy nilly. Trav couldn't even do that. Computer science is where it's at boys, not Art, I know you can hire Art majors for peanuts, but then you get 4.5. Cosmetic upgrade 4.5 is a failure.

us4r? Akumetsu - GNA
    us3r? Poopflinger - AoC Had a WW as a parking garage for a hammer.
    us4r? Akumetsu - R~E of TDS
    us2r? TeutonComin - FEAR
    us1r? Ooga Booga - SIO This round was fun. Stole Kimmies chisel and chiefed one of her WW's.
    us3r? Elbow Deep - FWB
    us1r? Ooga Booga - TBW Stole Kurtz artie. Stole LoL's artie. Stole someone elses artie but can't remember the guys name.

There are more, some wins, some losses, held some WW's, time flows, memories fade, and passwords get forgotten...

• Its more about sample size.

This new UI, was 1st released onto test servers and Codex. Not nearly as much backlash there. Then it was released on 1 server per domain (or so I think, Anglo was Anglo5, Balkan was Balkan 3 etc.). Again, not as much backlash (its due to sample size, since counting all of this together is like 4000 people, if that) and when it got released, it was released to 10000s of people world-wide. Its expected to have a louder and harder response to a "bad update".

This is where the forum comes in handy. You voice your opinions, we listen and forward. Things change. Cycle continues.

And if 10.000s dont like, you rollback? i accept it only if NO BUGS remain on server... if same bugs...than you fool us.

• And if 10.000s dont like, you rollback? i accept it only if NO BUGS remain on server... if same bugs...than you fool us.

It is not up to me to make game changes, i am just a small little forum moderator. And as far as I know, rollbacks are extremely costly and really only a last resort - unless something serious breaks, I dont see it happening.

• And if 10.000s dont like, you rollback? i accept it only if NO BUGS remain on server... if same bugs...than you fool us.

they don`t really care about us! Unfortunate people care more about money then other people !

i`m pretty sure they will chnage it to last version,but that`s not gonna help them so much,many of us got the glass full.

Verde one year ago : " I`M SURE CAN`T BE SOMETHING WORST THEN THAT ROLLBACK ON FINAL TOURNAMENT."

Verde today : " ------------------- "