Global rollout of version 4.5 - Discussion thread

• Basically, like it or not we are stuck with it. Forum staff will do their best to smooth it all over until in a week or two everyone gets used to it and stops moaning. If they lose a few players in the meantime so be it.

Unfortunately, the decisions have already been made, the money invested, the planning done. I have never yet seen any views given on the forum considered properly and given a response from HQ so don’t hold your breath anyone.

Stand out Award 2017 UK and 2019 Anglo
    illuicons_8_wonder-150x150.png

• .. rollbacks are extremely costly and really only a last resort - unless something serious breaks, I dont see it happening.

ok i have a solution!!!

Lets all take our money we have been spending on gold, and hire a hacker to break something!!!!

TY knowToFail for a great idea!

Blackblade wrote:

and yet everyone seems to love her..It remains to be seen if this is out of fear and indoctrination or actual love

Scarecrow wrote:

a bit of both, really

Clash wrote:

When those guys with hug-me coats show up, you go quietly...you have to be NUTS to run this bunch

us1 - SIO Win

us4 - SIO Win
    us3 - FWB Win

• you force us to play something we don`t register for ! i put my money on the other version not on this ! and i don`t wanna continue on this one,but of course i don`t wanna feel like i lost my money for nothing.

I`m pretty sure that`s not totally legal and i`m gonna fill a complain at european customer service,i suggest everyone who want to get his money back for gold used on the server that was running and got updated to do the same !

i want my answer please

Why i have to play something i don`t register for ?! i don`t have ? i can delete ? ok,then send me my money that i used on gold and we are all good

it`s gonna take few months until i can get them back by complaing at european consumers.do it faster and we are all good,overall this help me to get this game out of my blood !

• Basically, like it or not we are stuck with it. Forum staff will do their best to smooth it all over until in a week or two everyone gets used to it and stops moaning. If they lose a few players in the meantime so be it.

Unfortunately, the decisions have already been made, the money invested, the planning done. I have never yet seen any views given on the forum considered properly and given a response from HQ so don’t hold your breath anyone.

Every year they lose " few players" from last 10 years... and all saw what happens. soon we will have MegaSphere, they will unite Balcanic, anglosphere, and what they unite to same name... I remember 10 yeaar ago, when every server had 2-3 MH, and one SMH... now they have 1 MH to 5-6 servers on one domain. THey kill transparency, never was their skill, and Mid game changes not first, time.

Bugs... if you make complaint 2-3 days in a row... they answer on Hard tone, that they knew about it, and their IT guys will try to find one solution, and we to stay patience, because they have BEST guys, working on it.... now i know that was" OUR best " not " BEST in the world"

ok i have a solution!!!

Lets all take our money we have been spending on gold, and hire a hacker to break something!!!!

TY knowToFail for a great idea!

No need an hacker to do FAIl...they do it without it..for free=))

• Total joke on timing of these changes on S4 ... the day before Artefact release !!!!

Changes take time getting used to .. if at all

Buildings all over the place and not recognisable!

Mercedes, you do realize, they don't lose money if they save their product, right?

They didn't bring in a 3rd party to do all these enhancements that require complex skillsets to rollback. They just have to revert a few things, click click, back to normal. No money lost, they hold the data and the virtual currency.

People quit when T4 popped out, they quit when Codex/Pandora/kingdoms whatever popped out, soon there won't be many players left and I'll enjoy the fire

This community is really heavy on old players, trying to adapt your product to cater to new audiences at the cost of your current audience, is a gamble. And when you gamble, you win or lose.

• Its more about sample size.

This new UI, was 1st released onto test servers and Codex. Not nearly as much backlash there. Then it was released on 1 server per domain (or so I think, Anglo was Anglo5, Balkan was Balkan 3 etc.). Again, not as much backlash (its due to sample size, since counting all of this together is like 4000 people, if that) and when it got released, it was released to 10000s of people world-wide. Its expected to have a louder and harder response to a "bad update".

This is where the forum comes in handy. You voice your opinions, we listen and forward. Things change. Cycle continues.

Well, we did share our opinions on the new UI before it went onto live servers in this thread: UI / Building Announcement Feedback Thread

But it was too late, cause TG went with the approach about them having spent too much money on it to just trash it, also why they made a bandaid fix to splitting the ress/village button into 2 instead of just waiting with updating the UI and buildings till they knew what the community wanted.

I think it's really clear that the devs, UI team and product manager doesn't play the game themselves, which is completely fair...But maybe they should listen to the people who spend multiple hours a day navigating around their game, cause this update is dreadful.

They sent out survey's to players on various game worlds. It is impractical for them to have every design decision to be put up for a full community vote.

In general the new UI is better and I think given some time there will be some additional alterations to improve it.

Also BlackBlade can't believe that you once thought that the new UI is better, shame on you.

• Im not saying you didnt. But there was not even a fraction of what it is currently. There wasnt even a post with over 5 comments on the other domain I am a mod on before yesterday. After the update, there is now a thread with over 70 comments, all negative and even a poll, where there is over 90% not in favour of it (link to it: Balkans discussion about T4.5).

If they were looking at that domain and saw no response, I wouldve figured they went with "oh, so I guess its fine".

After the update, the sample size grew by a few 100% and the "average" reaction evened out, if that makes sense.

Give it time, Im sure they cant miss 100s and 100s of negative posts - since I have been a member on the forum I havent seen such backlash from a game update.

• Also BlackBlade can't believe that you once thought that the new UI is better, shame on you.

+Moved quest button

+Moved hero icon

+Field outline

+Send troops from hero's home village link

-New Buildings

-Overall color scheme

-Fixed Main Building (to be fair I never realized this was a thing until a couple weeks ago)

-Village Name Font

-Top menu feels cluttered

-White washed side menus

^my two cents. I still think the overall direction is good, but they completely missed the mark on doing it. The problems I identified can largely be fixed with paint. The top menu being cluttered might feel less so with a decent color palette but its hard to say what to do with it until a color scheme change occurs.

• Looks like crap when ever you click on a building spot or barracks or some other building like you can see the pixel lines running in the screen obviously this hasn't be thoroughly tested before going hot with it What a awful job you all must work for the US Govt to screw this up this badly.

Attached Pics are how it comes out on m,y end of the screen

• Fair enough, Hero icon and interface is trash though imo, but then again I dislike the way the whole top menu is atm.

• map was 400x400 some time ago,now map is 200x200

after this update you`ll have to change it at 100x100 or it will look empty

Good luck with running servers with 50/100 accounts active in the end ;)

• +Field outline

What is the point of this please?

When I hovver my mouse over my fields I normally just get what is required to upgrade it.

Now I get about 1 second to see that and then it just goes to this "outline"

Point being?

Edit .. others I have spoken to do not seem to have this problem, although some do

• People quit when T4 popped out

This is popular but myth. Population of travian was declining steady before T4. It piked at the time of T4 release (for obvious reasons) then started declining again and hit previous minimum in 2 years I think. I don't remember exact time line on the graph I saw but something like that. BlackBlade did you collect that info or someone else? If someone has time all that info can be pulled from getter.

they quit when Codex/Pandora/kingdoms

Why would people quit regular servers when new version were released? If anything, people like me who has no interest in WW servers any more still stay in game.

• did you collect that info or someone else?

I had collected info based on wayback machine shots on a few domains when the player counts were still visible. Pulling everything from Getter would be more accurate if you could get the active accounts on a particular day. In general the peak for COM/US/UK/AU/NZ/ZA/IN/DE was in 2009. It has fallen relatively consistently until stabilizing in the last 2 years or so. Again generalizations, I had only one data point per year.

T4 didn't release until late 2010/early 2011.