[COM] Discussion about the 🔥 Legends on Tour 2020 - Summit 🔥

• Brother Bulldozer_DK rule 1.1. is removed. Moral bonus for WW account is removed. Makes your arguments kinda empty.

If new players get any serious advantage there will be no veterans medal on profile. New e-mail is easy, medal on profile worth exactly 0.

as for IWWK not being an issue on regular servers: every possible abuse of game mechanic that was found effective on finals is brought to regular servers sooner rather than later. It used to be an account here and there that did so once in blue moon. Last year one of leading metas catapulted their top WWKs to single village. This year several dozens WWK accounts were catapulted hours before plans were released. On top ru server last year were a few. This round people are complaining that there is no worthy targets to attack, you choice is either defenders capitals or sources of income for these IWWK ( fnx how about trading one tactic for another?). Don't kid yourself, it only takes one alliance in tough situation opting for this to understand the benefits.

We still hear nothing from Mentally ...... Final Word brought up several topics worth discussion. How about merge and forwarding on regular servers? Too good source of income for TG to ignore so I fully expect it implemented sooner rather than later. The best we can do is to suggest limitations.

• Merge and forwarding is one of the main reasons I gave up on special servers. The costs of that is ridiculous. I can only hope that never happens on regular servers or the game will really be left for the selected few. And they will slowly disappear too because you already see the same people wherever you go. Sometimes you're on the same side, sometimes not, but the game is losing its edge as it is.

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

~That's a fine looking high horse~

• Few ideas I've been thinking about as well.

Replacing some garbage daily rewards with NPC Vouchers or instabuild Vouchers would assist newer players a bit in terms of catching up to heavy gold users.

5 ointments, 5 bandages, 5 tablets is basically almost nothing regardless of the stage you're at. At least in such small quantities.

Also scaling rewards as server goes would be nice. Heavy gold users aren't influenced, low/no gold users would notice benefits.

There's still a lot of refining to do regarding discussing p2p/f2p account gaps.

Youu can't reduce gold usage of people, as those pay the bills, that's for sure.

For it is he that they fear, not man or his armies. They fear the mark of the beast.

Ah shit, here we go again...

• Let's look at the daily quests, because I suppose that's their purpose in the first place. To help you feel what being travian rich means.

Unless you use techs (and you're not if you are new or you want to play fair or you are all alone in this world), you can't get to 50 points until a lot later without seriously slowing your growth. By the time you get to those resource bonuses, you're already insignificant.

75 is practically useless and you can only dream about getting 100 without using gold. So you always feel like you've left something unfinished and in the end that's very discouraging even frustrating. Even more than spawning next to a big raider :)

So all you can really count on in the beginning are prizes for 25 points, which are next to nothing after a week.

• No new player will survive next to me or you unless they befriend us, which in my case, given the nature of regional map servers I play, is highly unlikely. They need a sandbox imho to play against equal and learn at least basic but I have pushed this idea too much already ;(

• That depends. You might see a noob one server, but with proper guidance you can make him into a very good ally.

But yeah, that's all about player attitude towards newcomers, you can't influence that.

For it is he that they fear, not man or his armies. They fear the mark of the beast.

• So they don't have to play regional map until they meet some friends. Regular servers are a different story. I survived. I even progressed. I have no superpowers. They don't need sandbox. If you are talking about Sunday school or academy or whatever it was called. I read about it somewhere, but didn't pay much attention. With some exceptions, I honestly believe that the majority of players here are 20+. Do you really think grown people want to be treated like kindergarteners? Tutorial is more than enough to give you the idea of what needs to be done to grow and in time you deepen your knowledge of the game by playing as part of a team. Finding the right team for you may not happen on your first server, but if I was told I needed a degree issued by more experienced players before I continued to the real game, I'd have laughed it off and moved to the next game right away. But regular servers need to stay what they are. And when you learn how to walk in travian you can try regional or tournament. Speaking of, as you said it yourself ELE , you play regional maps, why is spreading of iwwks across regular servers so important to you?

• Brother Bulldozer_DK rule 1.1. is removed. Moral bonus for WW account is removed. Makes your arguments kinda empty.

My point exactly.. they were removed, because they didn't do the job that it was intended to do. Main reason begin that there will always be some one who will try to "bend the rules".
    Making new rules on how to behave in a game is impossible.

Nerfing artifacts, nerfing tech acc's, etc etc is impossible to do, so it benefit's the SMALL travian player, I'm pretty sure Y'll have ways to work around these things, when you see them.

But unless you want to stop playing this game, I think there should be a much higher focus on how to help the players who don't have 300$ to spare the first few times he/she plays.

Else it just becomes nepotism, and how to make sure your not behind in the "art of cheating"

• It is not so important, just some new topic which crossed my path recently, everything else we have discussed 377 times already. For me personally it does not matter as there will be no such thing on regional map servers. Limit for merge hit much closer but no one willing to discuss it, I guess all hope it will never make to regular servers.

I am not talking about Sunday School on the subject of new players though - would you guess how many requests I got from where? Given that it was advertised in game at some point). I meant this Server difficulty level

• Idea is good, but no way to regulate who enters what server difficulty unfortunately.

And besides, a veteran medal as someone said doesn't mean you are a good player. :P

I've been around for 12 years and saw many play for as long and not having the grasp fo the basics. Hell, even I sometimes mess those up. :D

• No idea, honestly. I never used Sunday School, but I registered back to the forum only after I was welcomed to the big league (as someone said to me).

From that linked post, I do like the idea of the Rivalry server. I'd say we agree that special servers and tournaments are next level. Which leaves regular servers without official gradation. Some are known as more competitive, but it's not written in stone. And this is where we come back to Brother Bulldozer_DK 's suggestion of putting those medals into use (other than for showing off :)). Once in a while, they can start a server where only emails with veteran medals can register and maybe add some wildcards for those exceptionally gifted that are distributed by leaders or by TG based on your ranking on the server or some special achievements (highest pop at the end and all the stuff you see in the final message). I still don't like the idea of a noobish server because the game isn't a rocket science and entering the regular server gives you the opportunity to meet experienced people who are willing to share their knowledge (and I am thankful to every single one of them <3). But Rivalry server could be a nice incentive to continue playing.

And besides, a veteran medal as someone said doesn't mean you are a good player. :P

True :) Very true. But it still means you are active and loyal to the game and you deserve to be there. And since it would be an elite server, which means it will be carefully planned in advanced, maybe you'll get the hint if it's really for you 8o

Post was edited 1 time, last by Ticker ().

• There is one problem with the medals - duals are excluded.

P.S. I am pretty sure you have been playing longer than Sunday School exists.

• There is one problem with the medals - duals are excluded.

P.S. I am pretty sure you have been playing longer than Sunday School exists.

Well then, you need to play more to earn that medal or just stick to your duals :)

Last time I registered an account, I still didn't have a veteran medal. Don't know how long Sunday School is running.

• 1. The two new tribs, huns and egyptians should be implimented on all domains.

2. Considering huge advantage to Egyptain defenders noone in their right state of mind would play gaul defender. So proposal is to add a bonus building to gauls to give them a chance.

3. Balancing for huns, bowman and maraduar wwk will be insane. So to counter that and give romans/teuts a chance should remove bowman and add a def unit and/or decrease siege attack power only for huns to give back the edge to other two tribs.

Point 1, literally no reason that it should be applied to the finals but not to 1x servers. It's weird and stupid.

Point 2, with Egyptians, there's no requirement for Gauls anymore. That is true. Adding a new building to gauls, as also brought up by Jer, could perhaps help it. I would say a reverse brewery, make the players sober so that they become stronger at defense perhaps. Otherwise, with the boosted and better def production, there's no reason for gauls.

Point 3, Bowman and Maraudar wwk is strong but not enough to change the game dynamics too much.It does not take away the reasons from building clubs + TK wwk which is stronger, Romans Imps/EC wwk which is more economical, or Romans Imps/EIs which are better raiders.

The power dynamic that might shift would be for gauls only. And Gauls requires to be the better defenders, since Egyptians are the best with the economy. Playing with numbers a little here and there, I'm sure we could fix that. But I just hope that TG is not the one who does it, or else they might just drop a bomb nerf on reason why everyone was picking huns, aka Steppes <3 ;(

I am all in favor of new changes in the game, by that I mean new tactics and introduction of new mechanics to the game. However, TG should also be more open with changing the numbers and nerfing/buffing tribes based on their performance within a server. Having a dynamic game is much more interesting than a stagnant one. One server Romans being the best, next suddenly Gauls is the meta. That's the dream.

A change I would like to propose would be to bring in a new aspect of team game (when I do not quote team game, I actually mean team game). Have a sort of roulette artifact that would require about 50 million resources go give a random small effect, 100mill for a random large effect, and 150 to 200 million resources for a random unique. This arti cannot move, or else the effect gets reset.

This way a team could force an effect, and if it is the desired one, they will have to defend it. It'll create a hot zone.

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

• Tech acc: if you nerf these acc's so that one player can only raid it for eg. 16 hours a day, then the advantage wont be that much, sure if they are kept inside an alliance, then it's harder to control,

Putting raiding limits on accounts will have little effect on tech accounts, when you can park 200k troops there and not have to do anything at all. But really, refer to my suggestions to limit tech/multi benefit earlier in this thread, since I already made proposals to solve it, including a form of limit on raiding.

iwwk: what do you want me to say about this.. It was a question... Is it really a problem on regular servers ?? ( I don't think so )

Techs were hardly a problem on regular servers, now they are. IWWKS were only a problem on tourney, now they're a problem on .ru too, and they will only continue to spread. I don't see what the problem is in tackling the issue before it floods every server on every domain and people quit over it.

And most ppl are still not using gold in the way you LOT2020 candidates are.

You have no idea about my gold spendings :P Now, I do spend a decent amount, but nothing like some accounts. But I spent the first 5-6 years of playing without ever buying gold (or plus back in the day, since there was no gold when I started)... And I built a WWK with something like 1000 gold spent the entire server back in 2015. I would absolutely love an old-school server without gold. I would love if gold spending was heavily nerfed, but it's obviously not realistic, since it's what provides the revenue for TG - still, I will gladly fight to limit the impact of gold/or give easier access to gold features without spending for new players.

Maybe a very long beginners protection would help, I know some think they are too long as it is now, but if you are a NEW player 7 days ain't enough to read all the guides,

I have discussed several options with previous LoT candidates, ELE and BlackBlade can confirm. Things like some form of extended tutorial for new players (of course old players won't have to do it), player guides that new players can contact for directions (like what ELE tried to do with her Sunday school for Newbs here on the forum, but just fully integrated/supported in the game), extended BP until some action is performed (settling 2nd, attacking... Maybe even waiting as long as 3rd village). Actual tutorial servers (i.e. a timed server where you're guided to a large extent by the system, where you get to try stuff out for perhaps 2 weeks). Adding a tier of servers (for newbies, for veterans, invite only for top alliances (server winners) - though obviously the big issue here will be veterans registering on newbie servers just to be idiots)... And much more. I have not given up on helping beginner's more than what they get now.

I did not bring up the tech/IWWK discussion in this thread, I simply replied to it, as was requested.

only more dissing of TG and of players to "stupid" to understand the mechanics of the game.

Not sure if this is targetted at me? None of what I said was intended to "diss" you. But it's a much better discussion if the person you're discussing with has a full(er) understanding of the topic. My reply to you was meant to explain the issues, since you dismissed them outright. If you think I did it to "diss" you, I'm sorry.

How about merge and forwarding on regular servers? Too good source of income for TG to ignore so I fully expect it implemented sooner rather than later. The best we can do is to suggest limitations.

You know my thoughts. Forwarding and merging is okay on specials, but should have no place on ordinary servers. Gold merging needs to be nerfed on specials. If TG is adamant about implementing it on regular servers, gold merging needs to be nerfed very hard, and forwarding needs to be nerfed too (imo).

Replacing some garbage daily rewards with NPC Vouchers or instabuild Vouchers would assist newer players a bit in terms of catching up to heavy gold users.

Good idea.

• You know my thoughts. Forwarding and merging is okay on specials, but should have no place on ordinary servers.

^ This

Forwarding on normal servers would break the game completly.

• though obviously the big issue here will be veterans registering on newbie servers just to be idiots

That's why you don't need newbie server. Some newbies are better at masking their lack of experience. Some pick up the game faster. Some will stay noobs forever :) Don't put a mark on them from the start. Regular servers are perfectly fine. And if veterans want noob-free server, they should get one. It is also a good incentive to keep progressing in game in my opinion so one day you get to play on one.

• No I have no idea about your personal gold spending, but judging from your experience I have a hard time imagine you have newer spend a $ ;o)

okay *cute*

No not in any way. I newer target anyone.

• You know my thoughts. Forwarding and merging is okay on specials, but should have no place on ordinary servers.

wow I missed that in the spams here. The suggestion of forwarding defense in regular servers... :| So I agree with wish too. It is not a good one in regular servers where the teams spawn all in one quadrant and they are all close to each other. But - if we take the regular servers and mix it up with the regions capturing where you could win with ww instead of victory points, then I'll be in favor of forward. However, with the current patch where the incentives of splitting the bases is too few, forwarding should not be implemented.

For finals, it could form some new tactics due the high player base, but in regular .com, it'll be the final blow to the already few off coordination. Manipulating the defense away is one of the tactics that is used for off planning that is going to die by troop forward.

Merging in ww servers is an out of question point. We already suffering with techs as it is, but with merge we'll see it on a whole new level.

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

970x250_5Tribes.png