[COM] Discussion about the πŸ”₯ Legends on Tour 2020 - Summit πŸ”₯

• Well, when you put it like that, I don't see why would anyone waste time on building those 25 villages in the first place.

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

~That's a fine looking high horse~

• At that point I don't see even why playing this game.

Yep, that is also what I keep complaining about. The game has been figured out. At this point it is all about which side has the bigger recruits pre-server, and which side gets his hand on the UD. Strategies are dead.

Heck, I am even open to discussing the exact numbers,

Percentage of the server day is my suggestion. 20% x1000xserver day (for hammer based troops of course. Hammer detected by presence of equivalent catapults in the off village).

The account is cataed down to 1 village with the hammer which makes it impossible to kill the hammer even if you zero the village. The proposal is to make troops gone if the village is zeroed.

We did the 1 village wwk for that reason above: to demonstrate another possible abuse.
    However, the proposal is horrible. The tactic is not an issue, the means of achieving it is an issue. Techs should be removed, not a valid strat. A player should be allowed to save his hammer by destroying 20k of his population if he doesn't have enough def to protect himself with. So please, for the love of God, do not kill another very valid strategy. We have killed enough, remove the cheats and hacks and abuses instead.

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

Post was edited 1 time, last by fnx ().

• The tactic is not an issue, the means of achieving it is an issue.

And how are these types of accounts achieved besides of mass farming multies / abusing techs 99% of the time it's used?

Or are you actually gonna say that people go out and build them on a fair way... you and I both know that's not the case, but everyone will go out and defend their achievement claiming it was made on a legitimate way.

• And how are these types of accounts achieved besides of mass farming multies / abusing techs 99% of the time it's used?

Or are you actually gonna say that people go out and build them on a fair way... you and I both know that's not the case, but everyone will go out and defend their achievement claiming it was made on a legitimate way.

Techs are legal now. Where's the problem?

• Techs are legal now. Where's the problem?

Techs yes, but 99% of the time people slap a TECH sticker on a multi account.

• Techs yes, but 99% of the time people slap a TECH sticker on a multi account.

I agree on that, but we are talking about legal iwwks with techs, not multies. TG has its way of fighting with multies. Let's not confuse them with techs.

• Let's not confuse them with techs.

I'd dare say if you go around asking people what a tech account actually is, a vast majority would expose themselves. :P

But yeah, probably best to leave this topic, could go on forever while not achieving anything.

• I'd dare say if you go around asking people what a tech account actually is, a vast majority would expose themselves. :P

But yeah, probably best to leave this topic, could go on forever while not achieving anything.

This is one explanation. It's a quote from one of the chat rooms:

"If you have friends, you play with techs. If you are alone, you play with multies and risk being banned. It's discriminatory really."

But I suppose you're right. We won't achieve anything special.

• The single village wwk is not used much on regular com servers. Its mainly on finals. I have only seen it twice on .com

Thats another reason i think "finals" should have their own representative in the legends tour. Adding tourny with com is not at all good.

We all know what happened last year.

• That happened because the previous representative is an imbecile that only discussed points of his own interest. The person with the largest fanbase won, not the best candidate. :) I'm sure there's people capable of representing both.

Balkans will have 1 representative too and it's consisted of 6 domains, 3 with completely different languages and communities, same goes for Nordics, Baltics...

• Or are you actually gonna say that people go out and build them on a fair way... you and I both know that's not the case, but everyone will go out and defend their achievement claiming it was made on a legitimate way.

You didn't get my point. What I mean is that single village being invincible should not be addressed, but being able to use techs and raise an invincible wwk in a single village should be addressed. Techs here are the problems, anyone should be allowed to zero his entire account to save his hammer. That's my point of view.

"If you have friends, you play with techs. If you are alone, you play with multies and risk being banned. It's discriminatory really."

I have said a similar statement about 7 to 8 years ago. And I will again repeat it of course. If 10 people are allowed to build 10 accounts to support 1 account, then 1 player should also be allowed to build 10 accounts to support 1 account. Sense of competition is intrinsic to men, lacking 10 friends shouldn't mean that he will give up on competition. He should be, legally, allowed to spend 10times the time and fight at the same level.

Otherwise, I just do not get it. Is it ok if all the 10 accounts are my brother, sister, and the rest of my cousins? If they keep their accounts alive and me and my 2 duals use a big network of sitting to legally play illegally? You can never draw the line. Either both should go, or neither should. And ask everyone to get over it.

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

• You didn't get my point. What I mean is that single village being invincible should not be addressed, but being able to use techs and raise an invincible wwk in a single village should be addressed. Techs here are the problems, anyone should be allowed to zero his entire account to save his hammer. That's my point of view.

You forget that most 1 village WWK's are accounts that are built in normal way initially, dismantled later when troops are building massive under trainers. Most of these accounts will have 2 villages as long as possible so they can use GB + GS and when shit hits the fan they switch cap and give away last village.

Nothing wrong with building an 18 village account, give away 16 villages which are opened to raid for the WWK account and continue building WWK on those resources. It is good for CP production on receiving account and better to chief a good village then to setlle a new one time/cp-wise.

That just shows creativity and teamplay, no techs or multies have to be involved to do so.

You can not make WWK without use of GB + GS so there never was a 1 village account that constructed this on a single village.

Zeroing accounts seem to be russian invention to save army?

I can remember 2008-2010 servers where this tactics were initially used to save armies garaged as the account was trashed badly. With new attacks on few low pop villages left, simple: demolish everything except off village.

Most fun part: the enemy always assumed the 200k army starved, but after 1-2 days rebuilding the off village it was mobile again and ready to continue war...

Nothing illegal, nothing strange about tactic. Only thing strange is people that want the army removed when used now :S

I have said a similar statement about 7 to 8 years ago. And I will again repeat it of course. If 10 people are allowed to build 10 accounts to support 1 account, then 1 player should also be allowed to build 10 accounts to support 1 account. Sense of competition is intrinsic to men, lacking 10 friends shouldn't mean that he will give up on competition. He should be, legally, allowed to spend 10times the time and fight at the same level.

Otherwise, I just do not get it. Is it ok if all the 10 accounts are my brother, sister, and the rest of my cousins? If they keep their accounts alive and me and my 2 duals use a big network of sitting to legally play illegally? You can never draw the line. Either both should go, or neither should. And ask everyone to get over it.

Multies are run by 1 player, not accepted

A tech is a real human player who builds account for someone, accepted

The problem is not the multi or the tech player. The problem are players who benefit from them ;)

An old tech player just built villages, 80-100k def in cap and opened villages for artifact use.

Nowadays, the tech belongs to 1 player who claims everything..

Egoism, not teamplay. That is the true problem

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed . . .

History:

Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2) and many more not listed.

Valhalla, Carpe Diem (t3 .com classics), CS! 2017 finals (Croatia)

CUP 2018 finals, X3 2019 finals (Russia)

~ The special one... ~

• Nothing illegal, nothing strange about tactic. Only thing strange is people that want the army removed when used now

That is what I am also saying. A legit strategy should not be removed because it can be abused. Rather, abuses should be removed. Abuse involves if someone gets a load of tech accounts to support with storages to use during the trainers. Since, 1 village wwks cannot hold the storage. But if the acocunt is raiding his own villages with allies, there is nothing wrong with it.

I also pointed out that this strategy can be used as a "back against wall" strategy to save yourself at a big cost.

(we all know that it is actually two villages due to non-cap, but the 1village wwk properly demonstrates what do we mean by it)

Multies are run by 1 player, not accepted

A tech is a real human player who builds account for someone, accepted

I do agree with the meaning you associated with the above statement. In that sense, nobody would have any issues with techs. Players with less time who are just there to support the wonder or help everyone with boosts.

• If you can manage your players,

you can manage who is tech or partially abused as tech to favor alliance..

you can manage armies without tech, multies or pushes built on trainers...

it only needs 1 statement when server starts...

History:

Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2) and many more not listed.

~ The special one... ~

• Can we please hear thought from wishmaster3

I already replied on skype, but to summarize. An invincible WWK shouldn't be a thing. It removes interaction from the game, and with the specific setup, there's hardly anything to do about it. I do kinda agree with fnx here though, that the tactic would perhaps be okay if you had to sacrifice your entire account to do so, which would then significantly affect your ability to feed/queue your hammer. i.e. if you had to cata/let people chief 20+ villages, and get rid of your capital with high level fields, and didn't have accounts already feeding your hammer and providing res for queuing. Then you'd be making a significant sacrifice. But with WWKs being set up specifically to be fed and provided res from other accounts, it's not okay at all.

So yeah, make it so 0 popping removes the troops, even if village isn't deleted. Otherwise, it'd only be okay with very significant limitations on friendly resource support (whatever form it takes). But I am inclined to just remove the strategy completely, since I doubt TG will implement significant enough restrictions (and since I have given up on getting rule 1.1. reinstated in it's old form, and actually enforced).

I'm slightly curious if Wishmaster will also speak a bit about his point of view about the Tournament. It does belong under .com after all... and yes, I'm very aware that last years representative only talked about TT while not giving a crap about regular servers, but there's no need to make this year be the opposite.

I've argued for separate representatives for tourney and .com for more than a year now, and I raised the point in the interview I did with HQ too. I know techs are a fully accepted and integrated playstyle globally on tourney (well, almost globally, I think all metas use them to various degrees, even if some players/members dislike it). I'd probably argue for different rules for tourney and ordinary servers, though sadly TG seems to be strongly against that... :/ I would be open to hear tourney input on tech restrictions though.

• To be honest;

Not a single one of the 3 candidates deserves to be the .com represent to go to munich :)

neither one of them represented the thought of the community where they volunteered to go, just their own ideas and thoughts about the game and how to evolve.

the one who is elected to go will be the one who has most supporters again (like finals represents last year)

Do they value input? 80%

Do they use input? 5%

History:

~ The special one... ~

• Then you'd be making a significant sacrifice.

Sacrifice? What sacrifice are we talking about? Sitting at the edge of the world, doing nothing but getting fat on others who are feeding you with resources is sacrifice? Travian isn't about sacrifice, it's about the "team play". And iwwks are the essence of the "team play".