What do you use to launch catapults waves?

🔥 Vote your LOT2020 candidate 🔥
The voting phase ends, Sunday, March 1st at 23:59 GMT+1. ➡️ TO THE SURVEY ⬅️

• Hello there, recently we got a discussion in another domain about supported browsers. Some renowned players from the hispano domain defended themselves saying that they have been punished for using the K-meleon browser. The point of this post is not complaining or trying to defend anybody. Far from it. I can't assert 100% if players have been really punished for using this browser or other reasons, Im not from travian staff. The point is that the discussion snowballed in the hispano domain and we asked support about the matter, He writed that even vanilla browser like the one I mentioned, which is not listed in the 5.3 rule, are not 100% safe. By way of precaution I would like to know other ways to learn to launch waves of catapults, thats why Im here asking you in this domain. Ive been using lately this same browser for offensive operations. In the past I used firefox, until the offline mode was not available anymore.

Thanks and please dont misunderstand my post.

• Support said that K-meleon is not safe?

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

~That's a fine looking high horse~

• Well thats what support from hispano domain said. But that would be another discussion. I would to know like which options there are to launch waves at the same second and survive it

• The only fully allowed browsers are these:

Clarification about rule § 3 - Supported browsers

As you rightly point out, K-meleon is both conventional and unmodified, but TG claims that it is a modified version of firefox, even though it's just sharing the same engine. Apparently TG aren't super familiar with the English language.

Anyway, as you can see from the above, TG say that they won't target browsers like K-Meleon, but that they might contain scripts that trigger the detection system. Unless something changed with K-Meleon recently, there shouldn't be any scripts triggering a detection... But well, as you can see from the above link, you send waves at your own risk - and currently there is no fully allowed browser that allows offline method, as those listed can't do it, and might have issues even with shift-tabing for waves or similar.

So basically, there is no easy, completely risk free way to send waves. I'm sorry, but there's no answer to your question, other than see if one of the "conventional" browsers is okay for shift-tabbing or similar to send waves. If you want to avoid K-meleon, Seamonkey Pale Moon and similar.

• It will be interesting to see if the number of banned kameleon users starts rising soon :rolleyes:

• I personally use an old version of the Mozilla Firefox Browser and use the Offline Function (I don't remember exactly but the new Browser Version doesn't change the tab automatically I think). Probably there are better ways but it worked for me until now. Its an TG certified browser and I am too lazy to try new options. I use this Browser only for the waves and have a second one open on my other screen to check the server time.

As I am writing this I come to realise I should use probably something more convenient. haha

W1 2019 - Hive - Havoc Squad™ - PROJECT

W29 2018 - SCV - Havoc Squad™ - DEAR (Sieg)

• I cant fully understand the policy of tg. In the wave launcher video preview they say that they want to keep the old launching methods to reward the veteran players, and introduce the their own, at the same time their policy is really ambigous

• I cant fully understand the policy of tg. In the wave launcher video preview they say that they want to keep the old launching methods to reward the veteran players, and introduce the their own, at the same time their policy is really ambigous

Its because they enforce the policy differently in different domains as it seems and don't update their policy for newer browsers.

They didn't built a perfect wave launcher because veteran players cried about it, basically loosing some advantage over newer players and being able to send fewer "inbetween def" to snipe cata waves. I myself are kinda inbetween with this because for me nothing really will change (ofc. I can manually fuck up waves too, but yeah). I think the perfect wave builder would be great for convenience for basically everyone, on the other hand we should not automate everything in this game. I am very curious how the imperfect wave builder will play out tho.

edit*: Just checked out the LoT notes for the wave builder. They claim 82% for a perfect wave, honestly I think thats good enough to skip the tab method.

Post was edited 1 time, last by IMDubzs ().

• Its because they enforce the policy differently in different domains as it seems and don't update their policy for newer browsers.

Policy should now be applied to all domains equally. In september they replaced all Domain Multihunters with a central Rule Enforcement Team for exactly this reason.

• I cant fully understand the policy of tg.

No one can.

They claim 82% for a perfect wave, honestly I think thats good enough to skip the tab method.

But the tab method is free and wavebuilder isn't and if they "kill" browsers that support it, the non/low golders are completely cut off from the game.

• Policy should now be applied to all domains equally. In september they replaced all Domain Multihunters with a central Rule Enforcement Team for exactly this reason.

Travian is a slow game, maybe the Feedback I read is already outdated. There were a lot of complaints in the past about cheating and TG doing nothing about it and about getting banned without doing anything.

Additionally there were different stances on Tech accounts (some Players seemed to get banned for it while in general it's a valid strategy). I can't really confirm any of those claims tho.

But Excat seemed equally as confused as I am on whats allowed. I personally dont use those tools (like k-meleon) but either everyone should get punished for using it or it should be allowed. What does the feedback "not 100% safe" even mean? Is it safe or not? Is there a dice roll on banning players? Is it a 100% ban if you detect it but you don't detect it reliably?

I am sorry I went kinda Off-Topic here, but I hate it if those things are not clear or are not enforced and give players the freedom of building bad habits.

• But the tab method is free and wavebuilder isn't and if they "kill" browsers that support it, the non/low golders are completely cut off from the game.

Do you have information on how much it will cost? Additionally non or low gold players need to already get an income via silver (selling hero items and stuff) because you at least need to pay for the 25% bonus if you want to stay relevant in my opinion.

• 50 gold per village

• Hi All, after reading all of the above on wave solutions I am baffled, explorer and firefox no longer work for me, but I Play on servers where I see up to 8 waves in 1sec, so what they are using?? I am at a loss.

• 8 waves? Even with k-meleon etc. you can't get more than 4 as far as I know. Don't know about the scripts and what they offer.

• Hi All, after reading all of the above on wave solutions I am baffled, explorer and firefox no longer work for me, but I Play on servers where I see up to 8 waves in 1sec, so what they are using?? I am at a loss.

there can be 2 scenarios here. if the attacks come from the same village, and the attacks come beyond 20 fields, those may be series of 4 catas waves at different speeds, withe the upgrade of the tournament square between attacks. Like you would do with different type of troops, but this time the only variable would be the level of the TS.

The second scenario would be attacks from different villages arriving at the same second

• You can have a lot more in one second but from different villages of course. There were Bugs apparently caused by Updates so sometimes 6 waves were sent. But normally its capped at 4 from one Village in the Same second Server side.

• 8 waves? Even with k-meleon etc. you can't get more than 4 as far as I know. Don't know about the scripts and what they offer.

It is hard wired into the game to only get 4 waves per second now (from same village). (For those k-rad 1337 hacx0r players, YES, I get it, you can do the demo on the Training Square and muck around to get 8 in one second there. but my god, what a pain to bother... )

As IMDubzs said above, I use Older Firefox, offline method and works a treat each time.

A lot of other browsers seem to have more intuitive scripts pre-installed and even when they are not activated, can sometimes be detected as the ability to interact with websites, not through the core Travian platform exist. As well as any part of automation. ie: Using offline method, you still have to click through each part of the attacvk process, just quickly through each tab as a set up.

Some of you would remember the issues with Greasemonkey add-on for Chrome/Firefox? Some people used similar scripting programs for work or other things, and then it was detected and triggered many bans...

In saying all this... 12 years on, dozens of servers and still only been banned for insults and swearing... sooooo, maybe err on the side of caution? :P

• I was talking about sending 4 in one go. I still don't know that someone can send more at once. Not talking about anything else.

Also, I never had big issues with support until I ended up in an extremly high profile acc. Only then I realized how flawed the system was. And how damaging the game support can be. But that's not the topic of this thread.