The Cranny and other underpowered buildings

🔥 Vote your LOT2020 candidate 🔥
The voting phase ends, Sunday, March 1st at 23:59 GMT+1. ➡️ TO THE SURVEY ⬅️

• So the Cranny hides 2000 resources at maximum Level, or 3000 if you are a gaul. So their maximum potential, depending on the tribes of the players(Teuton attacker, gaul defender etc) varies from 1600 to 3000. I don't see the point. Unless you play with 50 attacking troops, it isn't going to help you use those resources to make a comeback. A fully upgraded Warehouse can store 80000 resources. Why not make the Cranny hold many, many more resources? Even if we fear it will make attacks pointless(which it won't) it could be upgradable to Level 20 and thus the extra hiding could come with higher costs. Right now, the Cranny is always the first building I delete if I lack space because it is by far the most useless.

Next is the trapper. I have heard people say it is overpowered. Is it really? 400 traps at maximum level, when especially in villages such as the capital, the army strength required to defend them is tens of times higher than that. Trappers are mostly useful at the start of the server and in villages with not that much defense to begin with. Of course for most villages except the capital, +400 troops protection is something, and the traps' cost is small and it costs no grain consumption. But the capital is the most important village. Maybe make the trapper in capital make multiple times the amount of traps?

I would make the cranny hold AT LEAST 5000 resources at max Level. And the capital's trapper hold at least 1000 traps, although at higher cost. Maybe the capital's trapper would be upgradable to a higher level for that to happen. What do you think?

Post was edited 1 time, last by Panosthelegend: I called the capital a building instead of village ().

• The Cranny is one of the most important parts of my early settling strategy on 1x Servers (KP/Ress). Other than that I see a lot of sim players use them for passive def (Cranny+wall+residence). I agree the Cranny is very fast very useless because you need so much space for such a low amount of saved ressources.

With the Trapper its a litte bit of the same issue. U are very safe early game vs. farm attacks, most of the time the possibility of having the trapper is enough so you don't even buid one. Later on, what are 400 Troops??? Worst case you fill them with some clubs or phalanx before your cleaner connects. Problem with the Trapper is, they can get very fast very OP if you just keep increasing the numbers. 400 Traps and you build 5 lv 20 Trappers you can catch 2k troops which is very shitty, but if every Trapper could hold 1k traps like you suggested you catch 5k troops (quick maffs).

I don't know if you want every gaul to have the ability to catch that many troops and more so easily, to a point where it is very very risky to even raid a gaul support village.

Maybe you could buff the Trapper so they would hold also scouts, or just remove them and give us an other tribe specific building for gauls. The Cranny I would not touch right now tbh.

W1 2019 - Hive - Havoc Squad™ - PROJECT

W29 2018 - SCV - Havoc Squad™ - DEAR (Sieg)

• The Cranny is fine as it is. Its not meant to store/safe all your ressources. thats not the purpose of the building. Its an utility building which does its job and is perfect as it is.

Its redundant once you hit a certain point in the game - but thats fine. Its not supposed to be THAT meaningful.

Its essential for quick settling at the start, it prevents raids in your supps/ your starting village, its useful for settling close to the enemy, and it actually saved one of my off villages once due to just saving enough ressources for me to rebuild with timed ressources during waves.

Changing it would just be unnecessary. Theres no need for it.

Now the Trapper on the other hand... honestly, i've heard some people in my alliance call it OP. ^^

You'd think its insignificant and has no impact on the gameplay, but the amount of villages we've skipped to actually raid, because our test raid got captured... You just never make the ressources back that you lose once your units die when you free them.. Now unless its an actual inactive account with full storages.

But in general, the trapper almost singlehandedly secures you from turning into a farm. just because its so annoying.

Increasing the capacity would just make gauls impossible to raid, ever. Or even bash. Imagine trying to bash a TT off with your EI and your whole EI off just gets captured xD

plz dont. ::|

-- Ich hab seit 13 Jahren, 13 Monaten und 13 Tagen --

-- Keine Nacht geschlafen, was mich wach hält ist der Wahnsinn --

:rom08: Nephilim Dreamteam :rom08:

SuF 2019/2020

• Increasing the capacity would just make gauls impossible to raid, ever. Or even bash. Imagine trying to bash a TT off with your EI and your whole EI off just gets captured xD

plz dont. ::|

Honestly that would raise the already high salt level this forum has to another level, I am kinda tempted to support this now, lol.

Now the Trapper on the other hand... honestly, i've heard some people in my alliance call it OP. ^^

You'd think its insignificant and has no impact on the gameplay, but the amount of villages we've skipped to actually raid, because our test raid got captured... You just never make the ressources back that you lose once your units die when you free them.. Now unless its an actual inactive account with full storages.

But in general, the trapper almost singlehandedly secures you from turning into a farm. just because its so annoying.

I agree and disagree at the same time. I think everything you said applies to the early game. I myself skip most of the gauls with farming because of that exact reason. But later on it doesn't protect you at all. Like we both said just a straight buff would be a bad decision. But if I compare it to the other tribe specific buildings trappers are dogshit.

At the end of the day... just buff TTs and I am happy lol

W1 2019 - Hive - Havoc Squad™ - PROJECT

W29 2018 - SCV - Havoc Squad™ - DEAR (Sieg)

• 25% of trapped troops die, which equals a maximum of 100 troops. I could give you 100 troops to kill any time you want them, 100 troops after the first few months are nothing. And if we are talking about the capital, and someone decides to build 5 Trappers in it, they will have already sacrificed a huge part of their village for a defense of 1000 troops per building. I don't think giving them 5000 troop protection for it, only on capital would be a bad thing. Come to think of it, they may be sacrificing Stonemason, a resource boosting building, or warehouses with which they could upgrade their resource fields for it. Maybe they get stuck at low production to create 5000 traps. Sacrificing 5 building spots for 2000 traps is just not worth it, especially in a village where every spot counts.

As for the Cranny, you can just have it upgradable to Level 20, with much more time and resources required, although higher hiding capability. It would serve both as a small quick to make building at first, and then as a good backup option for later game. As the game is now, if you get destroyed by a stronger player the ways to make a comeback are very few. You just have to NOT get destroyed. The Cranny could help giving one a chance for a comeback.