New Troop for Workshop

🔥 Vote your LOT2020 candidate 🔥
The voting phase ends, Sunday, March 1st at 23:59 GMT+1. ➡️ TO THE SURVEY ⬅️

• I've heard about this idea long time ago but couldn't find it here, so I'm going to up this thing again.

Workshop only have 2 type of troop that can be trained. Why 2 if you can add more?

Introducing the new troop type: -

The Carriage.

What is Carriage? Carriage is a semi cavalry unit that can be trained at Workshop, which specialize on carrying large quantity of loot resources and weaponry.

Research requirements: Academy lvl 10, Workshop lvl 5, Stable lvl 10.

Research cost: in between rams and cata

Cost: expensive than ram

Stats: -

the stats value are different for each tribe. Base stat should be: -

Atk 100 DefInfantry/DefCavalry 100/200

Speed 10 Upkeep 5 Carry 1000.

Extra:

Romans: +80atk

Teuton: +20atk +20/10def, +1000carry

Gaul: +100/0def, +2speed

Egyptian: -40atk -0/50def, -1upkeep

Hun: +50atk, +4speed

Roman focus on atk (as always), teuton for farming, gaul on def and speed, Egyptian has weird carriage or should i call it warcamels (which save the crop consumption and has less defense) (i pictured this as a person riding in a carrier on top of 2 camels) , and hun super speed and atk.

Update Note: -

- decrease atk base from 150 to 100.

- decrease loot carry from 1500 to 1000

- nerf Egyptian bonus of -20 atk to -40 atk

Post was edited 1 time, last by aas07: New update ().

• So, if i were egyptian and I have built 50.000 chariots....

i could simply gain 50k/h extra by the -1 using them on a farm on 3 fields non stop?

OUD: Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2), Valhalla/Carpe Diem (.com), CS! 2017 finals, .RU 2018, 2019 finals

• This is a neat idea. But would the Egyptian unit cost more than a Ram, and only save you 1 crop per hour per carriage? That doesn't make sense.

i'm not sure about your question. Is it "would" or "why"?

Egyptian has quite crappy design in term of loot carry to troop's cost relationship, which make them a top expensive troop for farming. Their best troop unit for loot carry per upkeep is ash warden which is a defensive unit. So if you're asking why the carriage is expensive when it's upkeep has -1, the answer is it's just their natural traits to be the most expensive tribe to be a farmer.

Post was edited 1 time, last by aas07 ().

• So, if i were egyptian and I have built 50.000 chariots....

i could simply gain 50k/h extra by the -1 using them on a farm on 3 fields non stop?

Yes. Egyptian is not a good choice for farming right now, but with carriage, hopefully they can compete with other races. Carriage are not a good offensive unit, so you still need to have other off troop to accompany it

Post was edited 1 time, last by aas07 ().

• I know this ist sort of a Design for Farming but the way I See it, it is a defensive workshop unit. The Idea is not that bad in my opinion.

But in some way this unit already exists within the egyptian resheph.

W1 2019 - Hive - Havoc Squad™ - PROJECT

W29 2018 - SCV - Havoc Squad™ - DEAR (Sieg)

• I know this ist sort of a Design for Farming but the way I See it, it is a defensive workshop unit. The Idea is not that bad in my opinion.

But in some way this unit already exists within the egyptian resheph.

Well to be honest, the primary function of Carriage is to boost farming and secondary function as defensive unit. Thus make the farmer player relatively safer than before.

No, this unit is not close in resembling egyptian resheph chariot. Its actually based on settler8o.

Moreover the Egyptian Carriage will hv camels, not like chariot

• Well to be honest, the primary function of Carriage is to boost farming and secondary function as defensive unit. Thus make the farmer player relatively safer than before.

No, this unit is not close in resembling egyptian resheph chariot. Its actually based on settler8o.

Moreover the Egyptian Carriage will hv camels, not like chariot

I am just saying that your numbers are very similar to the egyptian unit, even if you based the capacity on settlers. Currently you can farm with Resheph, Paladins and Marksman if you play defensive (don't say these are the best units for farming but you can do it). Other than that I think making a defensive Workshop unit is worth thinking about.

W1 2019 - Hive - Havoc Squad™ - PROJECT

W29 2018 - SCV - Havoc Squad™ - DEAR (Sieg)