Gettertools Guide: How to set it up [From Beginner to Advanced]

🔥 Vote your LOT2020 candidate 🔥
The voting phase ends, Sunday, March 1st at 23:59 GMT+1. ➡️ TO THE SURVEY ⬅️

• AoA everyone!

I have decided to write a guide on how to OC, but unfortunately it requires a guide on GT offense tools which is "absent. Then I decided to write a guide on GT OC! Then I realize there is no guide on GT either... :| So, here it goes, I will start with GT and hopefully I will have time someday to write GT's planner functionality and then the OC. Will not happen earlier than 8th feb. I am busy preparing for a test sadly. But this guide contains enough work too for beginner to advanced level players. If I missed anything, let me know.

=====================================================================================================

Table of contents

- 1 Account Scope: Beginner Level

---- 1.1 Creating Account

---- 1.2 TroopTool Functionality

---- 1.3 Editing your troop count

---- 1.4 Account Settings

- 2 Account Scope: Advanced Level

---- 2.1 Setting Online Times

---- 2.2 Duals functionality

---- 2.3 Advanced Sitter functionality

---- 2.4 Global Plan

- 3 Alliance Scope: Beginner Level

---- 3.1 Creating Alliance/Group

---- 3.2 Sharing link

---- 3.3 Setting Roles + Kicking Players

---- 3.4 Alliance Roster

---- 3.5 Managing Players

---- 3.6 Making Off Plans (Where to access the tools, details to follow in another guide)

- 4 Alliance Scope: Advanced Level

---- 4.1 Hierarchy

---- 4.2 Setting Up the hierarchy

1. Account Scope: Beginner Level

1.1 Creating Account

First step, is to create account. It is straight forward process. Follow this link:

https://www.gettertools.com/en/

At the top right, you can see "New Account". Click on that and register. Email verification is not even required.

Once you are logged in, you have to chose the server where you are playing. Chose the server from the list on the same page, https://www.gettertools.com/en/. If you still cannot find it, ask your alliance leader to share the gt link to the alliance group. That will take you directly to the page and alliance you are playing with.

Such a link looks like this: https://www.gettertools.com/ts…0/Truppentool/Join/TJy8Ks (not accurate)

And it should take you to a page that looks like:

dHVS7iU.jpgPress yes, and join the group.
    Once you join, you would be asked to select a functionality level of GT. Let me bold this part,
    "SELECT-> FULL". It is free! And later on it will save you the complication for finding where to turn it to full. Besides, don't be a noob either.

Now that you are inside a server, you have to input your account name from that server. First take a good look at your top menu bar.This guide is going to mainly concentrate on the last tab, "Trooptool". If I had time, I will write about more.

So, go to the tab, trooptool -> My account

in My account you will see the option of putting your account name. Insert and select it; GT will save it.

CYEbErE.jpg

Once you're done, you're set and ready. Time to update troops and go towards more advanced stuffs.

1.2 TroopTool Functionality
    For the purpose of this guide, everyone should set their GT tools to "full" functionality. A lot of features are not available on other modes, including online times. Set it here:

Trooptools -> My account -> Trooptool settings -> (click) FULL

1.3 Editing your Troop Count

Go to, Trooptool -> My troops

Here, gt will gather your data from the server and list all your village names. Edit the ones with troops manually or through plus. When you scroll, you can see guidelines on how to use plus and rally point to update your troops. So I will not get into those details. I will instead show you a screen shot on how to update your troops and the tournament square level of your villages.

Note: Tournament Square has to be updated manually (PLEASE ALWAYS KEEP IT UPDATED <3)

1dPf8Fo.jpg

Click on that button with the pencil to edit the respective village troops. Tournament Square is the one called "TS", the arrow drops down from 0 to 20. Chose the respective level for it.

It's also a good idea to turn the interface to "Advanced". Click on that advanced button shown in above screen shot. Village type is not necessary to set, and it is also better to not have any "types" set rather than setting them wrong. GT can automatically assign it. Example: do not set an off village to defense type. It will just get your leaders bamboozled for a minute when they check troop statistics.

1.4 Account Settings

Go to settings - and set your account time. Trooptool -> My account -> GT2 Account
    and edit the time to UTC. Of course, your alliance might be in a local zone or else your leader might be noob and you might be working on a different time zone. So, follow instructions accordingly. Do not worry though,these settings are local to the server you playing. It means you can have multiple time zones set for multiple servers ;)

e2jnSjH.jpg

As I have already explained how to join an alliance. Now, the beginner part of account scope ends. Let's get into a little more advanced details!

2. Account Scope: Advanced Level

2.1 Setting Online Times

The online time functionality is used when your leaders are making offense plans for you. So you do not have to always update it, rather do it only when asked. They require these online times so that they know you will be online during an attack and make an offense plan for you accordingly. So they require you to input your online times for the respective week. Online times can be accessed from the menu bar on the left side (called side bar). If you do not see an "online time" tab that is probably because your noobness has still not set his account functionality to "full". Please look in guide above how to set it to full. Click all the times from this week and next week where you would be online. Once done remember to 'SAVE'. I know this is a tedious process, but it is required for your OC :(

YCmwntq.jpg

2.2 Duals Functionality

When you have duals, join together using this functionality. There is no need to share password really, please do not share password at all actually. Don't be an idiot to create easy infiltration risks for your alliance... :| Set duals, ask your duals to join your account through their account. GT allows you to connect multiple gt accounts to access the same account name in one server. Anyone updating the troops, will update the troops for all the duals. And if your leader sets an off plan for you, all the dual accounts can see the plans. HOWEVER, If one of the players is given a leadership role, all the duals will not get leadership roles. Only the specific dual will be able to see it. So, take this precaution and DO NOT SHARE PASSWORD.

Go to, Trooptool -> My account -> Duals

Click there on "change". You will be asked if it is single or duals. Chose Dual "Primary". Save it, and you will get a password.

Now, do not generate the link please. It is unsafe in case the link falls into wrong hands. Ask them to go to the same place, and instead of choosing primary account, select "Duals Secondary account". Select "save" and give them the password to input.

2.3 Advanced Sitter Function

This is similar to the dual function. Except that the player who sits you cannot see your attack plans and cannot update your online times. He can update your troops for you, while also being on his own account.

Go to, Trooptool -> My account -> Advanced Sitter Function
    Get the link from there and give it to your sitter. He can input it in his browser and accept to sit you. When he loads his troops, he will see two tabs. One for his own account, and one for your account.

2.4 Global Plan

To the left, you can also see a tab called Global Plan. This shows you the timer to your attack plans if your off coordinator has set them in one of the groups that you are.

MKtaus7.jpg

You can also activate a CPU friendly cooldown that has a very nice catapult sound once one of the countdowns Get below 5minutes.

That I believe is all the required functionalities of account scope GT. Now time to get into the alliance GT usage.

3. Alliance Scope GT: Beginner Level

3.1 Creating Alliance/Group
    I always try to search this part! You can find this in a variety of location in gt; I, however, find it in the side menu, at the bottom you can see "About the trooptool" tab, click on it. Scroll to bottom, and you can see the 4 options. Create a new group from there (or "use trooptool for alliance" same functionality).

I went ahead, and created one called "SGR" (our alliance name from com1).

Once done, you can change the type to "alliance, meta or fightgroup". All does the same thing.

Now, the first thing as a leader you do is to hide troop numbers. I went ahead and made an account in com2, to show you the functions. Make sure your overall settings look like this:

ABDuKUS.jpg

Uncheck that box to make sure a spy does not figure out the troop count of your allies.

3.2 Sharing Link

You can share the link to the players to join your alliance by going to, (side bar) Administration -> Member -> and copy that link to share with all. Image below:

oob2x6b.jpg

You can also set ranks for the new members. In the above image, you can see "Rank for new members". Make sure they are set to Member, and if you want to follow SGR hierarchy which I shall discuss in this thread, you should change it to "followers".

3.3 Setting Roles + Kicking Players

Within the same member tab, you can set roles for your players. You will see the joined players within this tab, and assign them the relevant roles.

Administrators: Can kick other players and set roles too. They have all other functionalities such as editing hierarchy
    Strategist: They cannot kick players or edit hierarchy, but they can edit battle plans. Be cautious on the players you give strategist and admins

Leaders: Cannot kick players or see ally attack plans, but they can see all the updated troops and player rankings
    Members: They can see other members and their own plans only
    Followers: Cannot see members or anything. Only their own attack plans.

To Kick a player from group, find their gt names and click on "dismiss".

3.4 Alliance Roster

At the very bottom of this members tab, you will see a tiny "superbly" useful link which many leaders do not know about. This link shows you all the players within the alliance. Click on it, and you will get a list of the players from the alliances who have not yet joined. Can be specially useful, if all your wings have dedicated gt accounts.

3.5 Managing Members

Besides using Alliance Roster method above, players with a role of "leader" and above can view the tab of "Member Details". There go to the bottom of the page, and you can see "Discovered Problems". Contact the players to fix their issues.The main problem, usually is that duals make their own accounts. When this happens, the OC cannot make plans for them since one dual might have different TS level compared to the other. It creates a bug for the OC. Make sure all the players use the dual functionality which is discussed in this same guide.

Furthermore, if you do not take care of this problem before making off plans - it is an easy way to spy on the off plans. Someone might impersonate your off player and join your GT, your OC instead of adding for the correct off player, adds it to the wrong player and he finds out about the targets of the next plan. So, be cautious. Take care of this asap.

3.6 Making Off Plans

Honestly speaking, this is the reason I came here to start this topic. But this guide is already so lengthy that I cannot write everything within this guide. So, I will make another guide, hopefully in near future to cover full details on how you can make off plans in GT, utilizing the online time functionality.

But if you want to use a try to learn approach yourself, this function is located in the side bar with the name, "Editor". Available only to the strategists of the group and admins. Once you make and save the plans, it will become visible to all the players.

4. Alliance Scope GT: Advanced Level

4.1 Hierarchy

Well, this is probably the part where most of the players browsing this guide would come to read about. I will ;( Promise not to withhold any information here and you can learn about SGR's hierarchy developed by me. I will in this guide, take you through my own alliance hierarchy for GT. There are a lot of reasons that we follow it and we believe others should too, I will describe them here too. But first, what is hierarchy? and what does it do?

Basically, hierarchy is a function that helps you move players from one group of GT to other.

Example: Your alliance has 4 wings, SGR A, SGR B, SGR C and SGR D. You issue 4 links, all the players join - but your OC cannot plan for all the 4 wings in their separate group really X/X/ So, instead of giving your alliance 1 more link to join for off plans (like noobs), you inherit all the players into a main group of SGR. The reason you do this is because players are lazy and they hardly want to join one time, let alone twice.  Travian is most of the time about psychology, specially the leadership. This is besides the fact that if you want to kick someone, you will have to do it twice :|:thumbdown:

So, this is how this hierarchy looks like:
    -SGR

-- SGR A

-- SGR B

-- SGR C

-- SGR D

Pros of using the above hierarchy: Every wing leader can manage its own wing. The functionality of "Alliance Roster" can be used too.
    Cons: (You don't think there is a Con here do you? ) To give leadership access, you will have to give the access to all the 5 groups, or the one major group that is inheriting it all. What is wrong about that? If you have a new player that you don't know much about and you want to assign him a role such as DC, he will require access to the data of every single player even though he tec
    hnically does not require the off stats at all.

This is where SGR's hierarchy comes from. It looks like this:
    -SGR

--SGR WWKs

--SGR Attackers

--SGR Defenders

Cons: Just one disadvantage. Player management becomes a tad harder since you cannot use "Alliance Roster" functionality and since mix-style players will have to join multiple groups. But the advantages outweigh the cons by ten billion times.

Pros: If you have DC, he gets access to defenders. If you have OC he gets access to the OC group. None of them will have access to the WWK group. The inherit function also gives an extra protection to the members of the wwk group by not transmitting their troop numbers (more on this below). Furthermore, players cannot see which ones are the attackers and which ones are defenders. Only leaders can (this part will be set through settings).

So, let's get started.

4.2 Setting Up the hierarchy

I am going to discuss the hierarchy settings of SGR, but using it for wings also has the same method. Only different name tags. Instead of WWK, attackers and defenders you use the name of the wings.

Firstly, create your main group (in our example: SGR) as discussed earlier in this guide (you can also do it in reverse by first creating the sub-wings and using the "existing connection" function which I will not discuss in this guide as it is easy to figure it out yourself. I will discuss the parents first and creating sub-wings from hierarchy itself).

Go to Administration -> Hierarchy
    Check the option of enable hierarchy.

BpMTqPF.jpg

Once done, click on "new connection"

Choose alliance name, (in my example: SGR Attackers)

The rest of the settings can remain the same. Once done, click "Add"

tY3xoH0.jpg

Once done, you will see two alliances to the left. SGR is the parent and SGR Attackers the child. By default if you have followed me so far, none of the players from SGR Attackers will add into the SGR main group. So, we require to further edit settings to make this happen. In the same tab of hierarchy, you will see a heading "Connections" with an extendable tab with a tag of "+" following it. Click on that so that we edit the connection between "SGR" and "SGR Attackers".

This is what you should notice now:

hipXCrK.jpg

We have to change this of course. First, keep yourself admin :P That's your privilege. To explain what these two tables do:

The top table, relates SGR members to SGR Attackers. If you want to move players from SGR to Attackers, you set it there.
    The bottom table is from Attackers to SGR. Here you set the players to move from Attackers to SGR wing. We are going to edit both. This is what we want:
    1. Players from SGR move to the child wings with power! And we hide their troops so that sub-wings do not see how much troops the leaders got.
    2. Players from lower wings move to SGR and LOSE their power, while we transfer the troop details too to the main wing. Add the settings, I added one myself, the other one is shown in screen shots below:

UpbARNB.jpg

fvKh11H.jpg

And finally, it should look like this:

t3PrZjS.jpg

Now, what this necessarily means is that "whoever" you ask to join the main SGR wing (MAKE SURE ONLY MAIN LEADERS JOIN THIS WING), will automatically be added to all the sub-wings with the "same role". Example, you set a player "john" as leader in SGR. "John" will now automatically become a leader in SGR attackers too. Do notice though, in above settings, I've hidden the troops of Members of SGR in order to not show up in the sub-wings. This is to make sure the leader players' troops do not appear in the local wings. (John's troops data will not get transferred to the Attackers group.)

From second table, whoever that joins "SGR attackers", will now be a member of SGR. Pay attention to the words used, even if he was an admin in Attackers, he will still be a member in SGR ;) Access to players stats on Attackers would not mean he has access to player stats on SGR. Remember to check that box of "Transfer troop data" so that members from attackers have their troops data transferred to the main wing.

You can of course be more specific by picking "GT account" instead of "rank" while assigning connections. That way, you will be able to transfer or hide specific troops within the wings.

Repeat this process, and create two more sub-wings (child wings). I will name them SGR wwk and SGR defenders. Repeat the same connection settings too for each individual wings.
    This is how your end result should look like:

MFcfnY8.jpg

One final step, and you shall be done! But first, make sure you go to the administrations of each single wing and hide the troop rankings from allies as I mentioned earlier in this guide. The final step to imitate SGR style of GT setting would be to address this one last issue. Right now if an enemy has a spy and he joins the Attacker wing, he will be able to see the name of all the players within the attacker wings. This way, he can report the players and their roles to the leaders. You NEED to fix one this issue, and that is done by setting member ranks upon joining to Followers. I discussed this once, but I will still show you the image again. I will set the members for "SGR Attackers" upon joining to -> followers. Repeat it for all the groups including the main parent wing.

OuUljz4.jpg

That wraps it up! Now, all the players joining Attackers will be followers. Upon joining, they will automatically move to the SGR wing, and become members there. They will not be able to see anyone else in Attackers group, but rather they can see all the players of all wings within the same parent group. This hides who is attacker and who is defender from unwanted eyes. Repeat the same process for Defenders and WWks, once done, share the 3 links with your players. AGAIN, DO NOT GIVE THE LINK OF MAIN PARENT GROUP TO ANYONE EXCEPT THE MAIN LEADERS. They have access to all the wings. And do remember the precaution mentioned earlier, set the rank of players that join the main wing as "followers" too. That way in case the link is leaked, you will not lose precious data of who plays what style (followers in main wing would mean followers in child wing).

If you have any questions, let me know. I aimed to write this guide for GT off coordination, but I hope some other day I will have time to do that.

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

Post was edited 2 times, last by fnx ().

• Thank you for the lovely guide. I did move it to the right section. You may wish to post it on other domains like Anglosphere as well.

Yes thanks for moving it. I had two tabs opened and by mistake clicked on the "post thread" in the other section.

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

• You may wish to post it on other domains like Anglosphere as well.

hmm... I am really not sure how to post it on Anglosphere. Should I post a thread into the guides and chose the language as the one with Anglosphere map on it? Or is there any other way of setting this thread to belong to both the domains? Since I see a tab called, "combined communities," that I'm not sure what it does.

Nice work! Looking forward to the rest of your guides - even I can probably learn a thing or two from them, nerd

Dunno lol :D not sure how much I want to reveal in that last guide. And it also depends on how much I remember when writing :saint: I've started writing the OC guides a couple of times in past, I hope this time I get through it at least. I can always add more details with time :P if only I press the submit button this time (dream)

• hmm... I am really not sure how to post it on Anglosphere. Should I post a thread into the guides and chose the language as the one with Anglosphere map on it? Or is there any other way of setting this thread to belong to both the domains? Since I see a tab called, "combined communities," that I'm not sure what it does.

Basically that is how you do it.