Flag Function

• Currently i am plaing in TS29. Since this is com server anyone can join the server from all over the worl right. But we only have limit of flags that can show in profile based on few languages.

It is cool if Travian can add all the flags so anyone around the world can make it visible if they like.

• The idea of flag for language is kinda not good. Like Is there any country that use only one language? Maybe yes, but mostly no as we all are multilanguage.

• The flag in profile is to show which country you are from, not which languages you speak.

If 10 nations are invited to play the .com server, 10 flags are available. Which is case on TS29 : it is the x5 special right?

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed . . .

History:

Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2) and many more not listed.

Valhalla, Carpe Diem (t3 .com classics), CS! 2017 finals (Croatia)

CUP 2018 finals, X3 2019 finals (Russia)

~ The special one... ~

• The flag in profile is to show which country you are from, not which languages you speak.

If 10 nations are invited to play the .com server, 10 flags are available. Which is case on TS29 : it is the x5 special right?

No. It does give you flags option for language in profile, not the country you're based on. For country you need to fill in 'Location'. You need to check it for yourself. You can choose max 4flags for language and the flags available are based on all local travian server.

• What exactly are the benefits of the flag option? To show what languages you speak or something actually changes in game?

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

~That's a fine looking high horse~

• What exactly are the benefits of the flag option? To show what languages you speak or something actually changes in game?

it can be a distraction to your enemy. At least for me, the flag will tell you where you're from, so i can know your timezone and your sleep time.

• The idea of flag for language is kinda not good. Like Is there any country that use only one language? Maybe yes, but mostly no as we all are multilanguage.

Well, this is not quite true. The great majority of the players do not speak more than one or maybe 2 langauges.

This feature is meant to help people to know in which langauge they can contact another person on a multilingual gameworld.

• Well, this is not quite true. The great majority of the players do not speak more than one or maybe 2 langauges.

This feature is meant to help people to know in which langauge they can contact another person on a multilingual gameworld.

Yes I do somewhat agree with the idea. But then why don't you use directly 'English', or 'Arabic', 'Cantonese' etc?

And since you already make flags option for

'Language', people now confused it for 'Location' option in the game profile. So better make flags option for Location instead of Language.

• It just shows what language you speak? You don't get any special benefit gamewise? If you are not a complete noob or you don't have 24/7 coverage you will always put English or simply disable it :) And it was implemented right after that silly poll about creating one multinational server. Looks like a way for TG to gather info about languages used. I need to find that poll thread again, because it seems that's a done deal and that's what we'll be facing in no time.

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

~That's a fine looking high horse~