🗳️ POLL: New gameworlds set up

• Dear community,

In the past few months, we did receive some feedback and requests from you to have all languages available in all gameworlds. Together with the Game Center, we started to evaluate the possible feasibility of this request and we came to the conclusion that technically it can be done. But there is a but.

In order to be able to have all languages available in all gameworlds we will need to change the structure of the gameworlds a bit by having all of them under the same domain.

The first idea we had, which is NOT the final idea, is to use the same approach other games like League of Legends have regarding servers. To have regional servers, where the region could be something like Europe, Asia, America (still having all languages available everywhere and servers on the same domain) .

We are aware that as for all ideas, there are various pros and cons for it. And we already started to compile a list.

PROS

• The gameworlds will be more populated
    • There will be the possibility for more variation within gameworlds set up
    • The gameworlds will start more often
    • It will be easier to make new international friends
    • The game experience will be spicier and more exciting

CONS

• There could be a feeling of losing the national identity as your favourite gameworld name/number won’t be there any more
    • There could be some difficulties to form confederacies if you are not aware in which gameworld your friend will start playing
    • The tournament will need to have a different set up as well
    • Some traditions may be lost

Before we start thinking more actively about this new gameworld set up we would like to hear your opinion, this is why today we are opening a feedback poll in all the communities.

If you wish to help us to take the better decision, it is important that besides voting in the poll you also express the reason for your vote in the comments of this thread.

Please, also ask your friends to participate in the poll,

Thanks for your help,

Your Travian: Legends Team

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

• How do you feel regarding the possibility of a change in the gameworlds set up as described above? 247

1. I like it very much (134) 54%
    2. Somewhat i like it (38) 15%
    3. I do not like it at all (64) 26%
    4. it's the same for me (11) 4%

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

• I don't see the point of playing in your own language on another domain, you won't be able to communicate with other people in your own language anyway, or will igm's automatically be translated to your own language as well?

• I like the idea of automatic translation. That way, I could play on the game worlds whose primary language is not english. I'd also like the idea of sending reins between villages without having to bring them back to their village of origin first. Without buying gold.

• What language(s) will be used by support?

Based on what I have personally seen so far, the messages sent to Support are answered in the language it is written in. So if you wrote in Russian, your message would be answered by a Russian supporter. If you wrote in using English, it would be answered by the English team. There may be a few exceptions of course but that is how it was explained to me.

• First off, why is this only possible to do by creating larger regional servers? Presumably, once you have the language packages, it shouldn't make a difference if you implement them on more domains, or fewer domains???

If this is, for some incredibly strange and illogical reason, only possible with domain merges (and keep in mind, I think the domain merges done so far were fine), I'd much rather just see English added as an option across all domains. So you have the local languages and one "international" language, for those who wish to join there. I know that some people have limited English skills, but if you've been playing the game for some time, you don't need to be able to read the UI perfectly anyway (hell, even at all).

• I think that this is a good idea personally but it will definitely have some setbacks to be addressed, I personally miss the days of t3 30k players on a server when things were much more competitive. But there are definitely a few negatives I can see as well which I have listed my thoughts below.

Pros

Larger Server

More Competition

More international interaction

Cons

Gold pricing?

Communication between all players could be an issue without an autotranslate feature in game

I am excited if this becomes a reality, maybe a test server would be a good idea so we can all get a feel for what it is like playing internationally. This reminds me much of the tournament servers however which are the last remaining inkling of competitive travian play.

• Based on what I have personally seen so far, the messages sent to Support are answered in the language it is written in. So if you wrote in Russian, your message would be answered by a Russian supporter. If you wrote in using English, it would be answered by the English team. There may be a few exceptions of course but that is how it was explained to me.

That is correct. There are a small number of languages that we don't have Customer Services Reps for currently so either the EN team or an appropriate team where languages are similar would respond. Customer Services is already independent of game worlds/domains with central teams. The EN Team covers all domains/game worlds where the customer sends a ticket in English.

• I agree.

• if less servers = more players per server - would be a win for the game........

As long as there is some sort of translator feature to pick up the most 'common' languages you support now - mind you I copy paste into google tranlsator now - for most simple messages between allies it works fine

the national identity thing is not a con to me - honestly, I play across the world on servers (US< AUS< INT< ANGLO<DE) so to me its not an issue

Anglosphere 5 & 6 - current

AU 29 and AU 1

ROA
    US1, US2, US3, US4, US20 - previous

• Maybe it's just me and maybe I missed something that was already discussed and in that case, please can someone link the discussion thread bout this? I feel like before starting a poll, this should have been open for discussion first. For instance - PROS are very vague to me. Without more detailed explanation, this seems like another bogus attempt to "listen to what community wants". You gave no specifics but you've opened a poll. So, those pros (I won't even bother with cons):

• The gameworlds will be more populated - did that work when you merged Balkans, Anglo?
    • There will be the possibility for more variation within gameworlds set up - what kind of variations?
    • The gameworlds will start more often - need more details also. Why? How does this improve the game?
    • It will be easier to make new international friends - those who want to make international friends play .com servers already.
    • The game experience will be spicier and more exciting - yes, do tell us more. What? How?

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

~That's a fine looking high horse~

• I agree. I miss the servers with thousands of players....

There are no 10k+ servers any more :(

I used to be good at mass farming, that was my thing. Now the only thing you need to do is press 1 dumb button to send out legions of farming troops and get your medal..... And the competition and results are much lower than back then. I have been on travian for well over 12 years now, and the only thing Travian has disappointed me in was all the new pay2win options they added through the years and which (in my view at least) has contributed in a large way to killing off the massive player base that used to be loyal to travian.

If this is a misconception of mine (show me figures of when the numbers dropped vs. dates of when T3.6/T4 was introduced....) please correct me.

But it feels like once the ''skill'' of farming was made a gold option along with certain other gold aspects, the numbers just flatlined over time.

Personally (in my view) I understand that there is a business model and Travian needs to create revenue and earn money. I get this.....

But at some point (it seems in my view of following player trends and numbers, and reasons for them to quit) it seems you crossed a line that basically made alot of players worldwide retire the game and labeling it a pay2win game, whereas pre-2012 it was mostly based on skill, online time(managing your 24/7 teams). Granted, there would still be gold options that would give advantages, but they would often not be a deciding factor.

Also you could keep the auction/hero system in. But in my opinion, the wavebuilders should stay limited as they are (thats still balanced enough to not be a deciding factor), Farmlists have to go or should be capped in some way to maybe reintroduce (or at least partially reintroduce) the actual skill of being good at farming (getting the competitive vibe back for the thrillseekers like myself).

If there is money to be made by travian, then just make regular 25% bonusses/plus privilege 5x more expensive..... Make that more of a factor in the game.

But the making new features up to get people to spend more money on the game, in my eyes has ruined and will continue to ruin the ''massively'' in ''massively online multiplayer game'' that used to be travian.

Still love the game, I spent about 100/250 euros a month atm (because I am just freaking crazy). But I would like to return back to the old days, not only to reduce my spending (like i said im up for +25% and PLUS advantages to become more expensive to compensate) but also to bring back the skills of being good at the game.

Right. I am sorry for the lay-out and jumping through thoughts here, but I hope you understand what I am trying to convey.

I hope travian lives long..... But if it keeps developing the way it is (with hospitals, more gold functions to take away the skill element and such) at some point i am just gonna call it quits again.

In which case travian will lose about 2000+ euro's a year in revenue (just by me quitting the game, imagine that x5000 or x10000 worldwide over time....)

I hope you have a great weekend, and hope to see you again soon on whatever server I am playing then :P

Werner,

• Oh 1 more thing. If you want people like me to play the championship server... Make it a freaking x3. The x2 is soooooooooooo slow..... it is just too boring to bother competing on a global level..... No offense....

• Oh 1 more thing. If you want people like me to play the championship server... Make it a freaking x3. The x2 is soooooooooooo slow..... it is just too boring to bother competing on a global level..... No offense....

X3 but with delayed timelines for arte and plans make it a larger battle

• cant believe people actually liked it. I hate it and its very confusing. I don't have the enthusiasm to play it like this. very bad. at least it should have been optional for the user to choose.

• X3 but with delayed timelines for arte and plans make it a larger battle

Might be so, but personally (and it is just that, my personal opinion) is that it is too slow. I tried it 1x, quit relatively quick. And I will never go back to it. Unless something fundamentally changes about the game (and I don't mean NEW features, I mean reverting back to old features). Because a x2 the way you describe it and how it is right now in my eyes is only fun with all the pay2win options GONE. Right now the biggest pile of money wins the game. Your not gonna be able to convince me that the top 5 accounts in the world spend less than 5k gold. There is no way. Or let it even be 10k gold....