🗳️ POLL: New gameworlds set up

• My impression is what really sets Bitfrost apart from Anglo teams is:

• Extreme Planning
    • Time
    • Dedication
    • Precision
    • Willingness to accept Micromanagement

Bitfrost is a 60+ person group of excellence that I have NEVER seen from an entire team on Anglo (or even COM). They play on an entirely different level that I've only seen a handful of Anglo players capable of. Tactics aren't the issue, the ability to execute is the problem.

To the larger point, curb-stopping has always been a problem and will continue to be. Some measures could be taken to combat that but they only work if players/alliances choose to. There are really no measures (that I can think of) that can combat the issue without completely breaking the game/community.

Bifrost are one team and usually only play a server at a time, so those looking for a challenge can join their server and others can avoid them.

But I'd rather have a competitive server with lots of players rather than the current dead ones, with no competition.

At the moment, most servers are won by the only premade that joins the server.

Saying "no" to this because there are better teams out there is kinda pathetic, their tactics aren't hard to understand and are fairly easy to practise. Alex has been doing a good job on AG3 using them.

I'd mainly say that WW plans need to change, both their fixed spawn location (unless that's already been changed), and preventing one alliance from easily keeping all of them by moving them all the time. Apart from that, there is no reason other teams can't learn to get better

All this talk doesn't really matter though. TG has showed time and time again that they don't listen to their community and will implement this regardless. Why? More competitive server attract more competitive teams, who spend far more gold.

• I'd mainly say that WW plans need to change, both their fixed spawn location

Isn't it enough that knowledge of their spawning becomes easily/commonly available? So teams know that they should watch their quad? (I mean, just Bifrost settling those cata points should have raised suspicions that something was up). It was a large effort by Bifrost to pull it off then, it would be an even larger effort to pull it off if the teams on the server are fully aware of it.

I'm not outright against randomization, but then I'm not against good organization and planning being rewarded either.

• Well sure but what of up and coming teams? They’d feel pretty put off if they realized suddenly that locations are fixed, SOL for them? Try again next time? By the way, the user unfriendlyness of these forums and having to dig for even essential info makes this info not so common place.

..And that is the Final Word.

• Well sure but what of up and coming teams? They’d feel pretty put off if they realized suddenly that locations are fixed, SOL for them? Try again next time? By the way, the user unfriendlyness of these forums and having to dig for even essential info makes this info not so common place.

Hence why I said easily/commonly available, not obscure. I.e. mentioned in the plan release pop-up, and perhaps elaborated in detail on answers or similar (with a link there from the plan countdown). I realize that for the first server where the new plan release message appeared, the teams who weren't aware wouldn't be helped much, since it'd be late for them to adjust... But if the information was presented directly ingame, it wouldn't take long for it to be common knowledge for future servers.

• And you think an alliance will be made consisting of only players who have never played a server before? :/ And you expect/demand that players who have no knowledge of the game should win their first server?

Besides, Bifrost pulled it off against three other pre-mades, no? From what I have seen from browsing the anglo forums, most servers have multiple pre-mades (sure, varying greatly in quality). Shouldn't it be expected that pre-mades would know this (if the information was easily available)?

I appreciate and agree with making it easier for new players to approach the game, but I generally disagree with removing strategical aspects.

(Please elaborate your argument - I'm genuinely looking for arguments for and against, and not looking to shut the discussion down).

• I think if the information was more readily available (instead of buried in a forum thread from years ago that is archived) that would be useful. I'm not sure it necessarily needs to be spelled out in game, but I can see value in there being guides that alliance leaders could be linked to in game. Such guides could contain advice like "watch your quad for cat points". This would provide the information in a way that is easily found and new alliances/leaders can be subtly directed to. It would be on them if they choose to not read up on advice on how to run an alliance and what you need to do in order to win.

I mean in general the game doesn't spell at how you win or even what the purpose of your account is. This could be a part of a larger improvement on giving players/alliances an idea of what can be achieved and give them the resources that can teach them how to go about achieving them.

That said I think some of this would be best served addressed in a separate thread as it is really stuff that can and should be discussed in Munich and this thread is focused on the gameworld organization. I made a thread you guys could move the conversation to.

Endgame Format Discussion

• The information was actually published by the former UK/US/AU/Com Community Manager m.hudson here: Construction Plan Spawn Coordinates

The sad part about this is, that it's not pinned anywhere and that such information provided from the CM wasn't even available on every domain.
    Perhaps TG could/should provide this information on their travian.answers / FAQ page to make the information more widely known.

Then it just comes down to the point if people actually look at that page for answers.

• travian.answers / FAQ page

Answers page up to date with useful information? Never. I've complained about it multiple times and it always seems to be one of those things they are "working" on. Give a few knowledgeable players access and it could probably be fixed up nicely in a few weeks. It would take a little longer to process the translations but again.... it shouldn't take over a year to get the answers page in working order. (even if the platform it's built on isn't very good)

• The information was actually published by the former UK/US/AU/Com Community Manager m.hudson here: Construction Plan Spawn Coordinates

The sad part about this is, that it's not pinned anywhere and that such information provided from the CM wasn't even available on every domain.
    Perhaps TG could/should provide this information on their travian.answers / FAQ page to make the information more widely known.

Then it just comes down to the point if people actually look at that page for answers.

The sad part is the information is not correct, I don’t remember details but there was big buzz on tournament last year when plans did not spawn as expected.

• The sad part is the information is not correct, I don’t remember details but there was big buzz on tournament last year when plans did not spawn as expected.

Well the coords are correct, but I believe the spawns are mirrored so if one on the coords is occupied, it will spawn somewhere close to it, which means the plan in the opposite quad will also get moved even if the coord in that quad isn’t occupied.

• Well the coords are correct, but I believe the spawns are mirrored so if one on the coords is occupied, it will spawn somewhere close to it, which means the plan in the opposite quad will also get moved even if the coord in that quad isn’t occupied.

This. It will move to nearest free spot. But on tourney, that meant moving 10+ fields in some quads because the spot was occupied, which in turn meant the opposite plan would move significantly as well (and still need a free spot too).

It's not really a concern on ordinary servers though.

• Exactly, plans move if slot is occupied, which is as expected. The other plans also move though, which is not as expected per the linked post, and it is significant.

• Exactly, plans move if slot is occupied, which is as expected. The other plans also move though, which is not as expected per the linked post, and it is significant.

I think the original post that explains it all is somewhere on the russian forum, cba to find it though.

• It was posted by Panda , I believe, if someone has will to search. It was not explanation from TG officials though, just a player’s guess.