Endgame Format Discussion

🔥 Vote your LOT2020 candidate 🔥
The voting phase ends, Sunday, March 1st at 23:59 GMT+1. ➡️ TO THE SURVEY ⬅️

• So based on the conversation that started in the thread regarding changing how game worlds are organized (link to relevant first post) I thought I'd start a thread for a discussion of endgame on WW servers. This is a topic that I think has many parts but overall is an important subject area for the Ambassador Program and Legends on Tour.

You can discuss anything in this thread related to endgame. Whether it is about changing plan spawn locations, eliminating WWs or whatever possibly crazy idea you have ;)

• As I said in the other thread, I think having fixed WW plan locations is fine, as long as the information is readily available. So for example available on travian answers, stickied here on the forum - and with a link in the plan countdown timer, and perhaps in the plan release pop-up message, to said information. I'd be happy to hear any compelling arguments against it.

• I'm all for random; would make it much more interesting for sure,

personally i find endgame pretty slow and boring, so this might spruce it up a little.

• was better back in the day before people figured it out

so you mean back in T3.5? cause people figured out how roughly artie spawns in few round :)

I'm all for random; would make it much more interesting for sure,

Yep it will be probably more various, but I mostly think is the WW system that need to be changed. Having WW at the beginning allow people to carefully plan end game since the beginning, it made some arties like UA (and generally all the architects) less crucial, due to high lvl infrastructures and so on,

Randomizing WW spawn and have them spawn later (1 month - 15 days before plan) may add some spice to end game.

Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guess my name
    But what's puzzling you
    Is the nature of my game

(Symphaty for the Devil, Rolling Stones, ages ago)

fnx wrote:

I have to admit last year Villains played cleaner than us

• so you mean back in T3.5? cause people figured out how roughly artie spawns in few round :)

perhaps in the kind of com and tournie servers you play. Until very recently it wasn’t common knowledge in the U.K. domain. Judging by the au and us people that have come to Anglo it wasn’t common knowledge there either.

Unless you just mean the basics, uniques near etc.

Nowadays people are doing calculations based on spawn villages to calculate the rings within 10 squares

• Yep it will be probably more various, but I mostly think is the WW system that need to be changed. Having WW at the beginning allow people to carefully plan end game since the beginning,

You do know the WW can be hit before plans come out right?:popcorn::asd:

it can be damaged / chiefed (usually easier too cause its not got as much def because its not half crop until plans)

• Of course they can be hit... how many hit on WW on infra did you see in T4 version? What damage can be done in terms of time if you hit for instance 2 months before plan? You still have plenty of time to rebuild your storage. I will not affect end game too much.

notorious crunchie I'm not a tournie player :D I simply saw team calculating the radius of arties spawn since at least 2011. I think I've tons of excel sheet with artie coordinates from years

Btw in getter you can find easily all the old coord of arties in T3 just open an old server and search for Natar

like this one https://www.gettertools.com/s2….uk.2/Player/60548-Natars

Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guess my name
    But what's puzzling you
    Is the nature of my game

fnx wrote:

Post was edited 2 times, last by cris@ ().

• Of course they can be hit... how many hit on WW on infra did you see in T4 version? What damage can be done in terms of time if you hit for instance 2 months before plan? You still have plenty of time to rebuild your storage. I will not affect end game too much.

notorious crunchie I'm not a tournie player :D I simply saw team calculating the radius of arties spawn since at least 2011. I think I've tons of excel sheet with artie coordinates from years

well then you are in the group of exceptions, not normals.

As a player with your experience and a previous ambassador I suppose that it to be expected though.

Perhaps, if it isn’t rude for me to suggest, you have taken for granted things that newer players wouldn’t

• A new player obviously cannot know, unless he's willing to dig out in forum reading tons of discussion. Well consolidated teams they should know, I changed various team from my national domain to com but I found the arty spawn was sort of common knowledge. Lots of guessing, lots of speculation, lots of calculation are usually done in the weeks just before artefact, that are not fixed, just usually spawn on quite specific radius.

But a new player on his own is hardly a coordinator for artefact picking :)

That said what about end game?

Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guess my name
    But what's puzzling you
    Is the nature of my game

fnx wrote:

• IMO Legends servers end should be changed. Forget about building WW and make it like Pandora servers. You win by controlling regions, not by simming till end game and spending a whole server waiting for WW to appear.

Legends servers have become quite boring..

.pt4: Maximus :teu01:/.fr3: Medianus :rom02:/.fr6: Minimus :rom03:/.ptp: Medianus:egy02:/.as7: Minimus :gau02:/.2019 Qualify Group A: Azor Ahai :hun01:

.as4: Pissed Pigeons :teu01:/ .2019 Finals: Makhai :egy02:

• I don't understand the narrative of catering the endgame to first time/new players. There's no game where you can just join, having no idea about the game, and then win/be highly competitive with veteran players (unless the game is based solely on luck...). You don't start playing CS, LoL, or other games and expect to be a top 100 players within a week.

As I said before, I am all for making information easily accessible to newer players (and veteran players too, since it seems like the game knowledge varies wildly from domain to domain). I am also all for giving newer players a bigger chance of sticking around past the first few months. But I honestly don't see how randomizing WW plans has any effect on this. You think if someone has stuck around in the game for 200 days, they'll quit the game when they learn that plans spawn at fixed locations? and that they're in a team where not a single player will be aware of it, even when the information is easily avaliable? And for this, you want to take away strategical elements of the game?

You've gained the knowledge now that plan spawns are fixed - would you just sit back and let an enemy meta settle cata points now? Or would you fight them for area control, settle your own cata points in-quad - and in their quad? i.e. opening more strategical choices, and more chance for skirmishing/action (I know some teams love to sit back for 200 days doing nothing, but should that be rewarded? It certainly turns a lot of players away from the game too).

• I agree with Wish on this. Knowing the position where artis or plans land adds opportunity for more strategic planning.

As a game based on warfare, I see nothing wrong with this.

If new players in any other game want to be competitive and play the game well, they go to YouTube or the game forum to research on guides and the best way to start and get a complete walkthrough.

If other games can do this, then new players in Trav can do this as well.

Dead. Everyone's dead.

As4 - Apocalypse

• The endgame definitely drags on too long, it takes 25 days to build the WoW without interruption if you already have all infra in place by plans.

Making WoW villages spawn late might make build time even longer, unless something else changes to reduce it.

You could change the endgame drastically to spice it up, here is an idea in embryonic form, parts of the WoW need to be build in more than one place and transported to the WoW village (from a special building) at some slow speed where they are assembled to make the Wonder whole. Giving the enemy opportunity to hit the component building village. I suggest the component villages are plan villages and all work on the component is lost if the plans get moved.

Not really sure if this helps less organised alliances but I am hoping it may allow weak alliances to collaberate against the front runners.

Image result for stonehenge moving the stones