Legends on Tour 2020 - COM Voting Phase

🔥 Travian: Shadow Empires 🔥 Open Beta has started!
Check out the new version of the Annual Special before anybody else by registering to the Open Beta Gameworld.

➡️ Register Now! ⬅️
  • Dear players!

First, we want to thank every applicant for your interest in the community and in the 2020 Summit. Overall, there were 116 submitted applications worldwide, which we - the Community Management Team evaluated.

In the past 2 weeks, all the interviews with the possible candidates took place on Discord, we did talk a lot as we had more than 23 hours, 41 minutes of interviews.

What did we take into consideration while selecting the possible candidates:

• We checked whether the provided data (ex. forum account, game account) was correct.
    • We read the reason why this people think they can represent the community and we had to discard those who did not give a proper reason unless they were visible active members of the forum community. Things like "Because I am the best" is not enough for an application.
    • Since the whole event in Munich will be held in English, we did have some voice chat on Discord with the chosen candidates to check whether the people could handle a conversation in English and sadly we had to discard some of them. As we experienced in the past, the pace of the conversation in Munich will be fast, so we need people who can support this pace.

The candidates for the COM Community are:

Marduk_COM aka mazzi

Mentally

wishmaster3

Now, it is time for you to express your preference. The voting phase starts today and ends Sunday, March 1st at 23:59 GMT+1.

➡️ VOTE HERE ⬅️

If you want to know more about the candidates here and talk with them here.

Sharpen your swords and string your bows, the fight is right to come!

You Travian: Legends Team

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

Post was edited 1 time, last by Ridder Huma ().

• Hello,

could you change the reference "marduk_com" to "marduk_com aka mazzi" , in your post ?

( I did change my nickname accordingly a day or two ago )

Honestly there are people that know me as mazzi and this way they don't even understand I'm there

mazzi as nickname - SGR

Marduk , R.Unite leader on old S5.com
    MCE member on s4.com
    Ass , Best/Nest on old s6.com
    Teoavo75 , Rep SW - now *****Rep - leader on s1.com , GF Hold member
    Teoavo75 , marduk , tiberius , nexus - SGR
    Drei - CWL

• Since I just have one vote, I shall use it wisely. I will ask further questions from the candidates to see which one shares my mindset before I vote and heavily tip the scales in favor of someone!

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

• The guy whose fans put dislike to other candidates supporters does not share .com mindset.

I hardly think a candidate can be held accountable for what their supporters do - though I do agree that it's in bad taste :p

I'm out of town currently, but I look forward to engage in discussions in a few days.

Good luck, and I hope we get a representative that will care for the whole community, and hold TG accountable, no matter which one of us is elected.

/wish

• Did the candidates need to post like a statement of why they should represent us?

WILD: Always Ready, Already Loyal, Always WILD!

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"

• Did the candidates need to post like a statement of why they should represent us?

There were applications to write and voice interviews afterwards, where they had to explain why they think they are most suitable for LoT.

And regarding fans disliking. You really have no control over that, but then again those aren't probably actual fans either.

Any smart fan knows that such actions could potentially backfire.

I am not the villain in this story, I do what I do, because there is no choice.

Retired since 2020 until further notice.

• I would just like to introduce you guys to the fact that Mentally would be a good rep for another reason, not only would he provide feedback but will also be able to give constructive criticism and suggestions wrt how the game can grow on social media.

Hes too humble to give his credentials but he has a youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFfuIChD6ZQt1OPwM4FxNA

40k subs

A twitch Channel with 70k supporters and

Twitter with 23k followers.

His experience with mass media and his ability to attract attention with his gaming channel would be beneficial for travian games. We all know travians online presence needs to increase and sending a guy over to the HQ who has more social media clout and influence than this game we play might actually help provide more constructive feedback to the HQ.

Note: These are my personal views and just campaigning for my friend.

• All that and 0 posts/videos about Travian... nice. And the channel hasn't uploaded anything in a year as well.

I'll bet a large group of people who mainly follow Minecraft gameplay will be super enthusiastic about a clicking game.

But then again, since the voting is usually decided by who has the most friends, he's likely got a pretty good shot at going.

• The fact remains that travians social media presence is very much low. A guy who has an expertise on that would be useful, plus the fact that he stopped the youtube videos a year ago does not take away anything from his accomplishments.

No ones saying that he will advertise the game on his youtube channel but this is his area of expertise and that he has experience with online platforms.

• I don't want to burst your bubble, but I don't see what you can do with travian on youtube (that hasn't been done already). The game is too static. It's simply not attractive in that sense. Maybe he could try and make something to get us interested.

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

~That's a fine looking high horse~

• Travian Speedrun!

• 40k subs

A twitch Channel with 70k supporters and

Twitter with 23k followers.

Till before nomination, we didn't know who that guy was. Still we do not. His forum presence is kinda nill. Not sure if he knows what are all our ongoing debates and problems that we been facing.

However, I will still judge my vote from among all the nominated player based on what each one of them want to do. Mentally has made 4 suggestions from his introduction post, and from among the 4 suggestions, 2 are already being worked at (Go to a single domain & Create a mobile ap). And his third suggestion of Content creation is directed towards the players, there's nothing that he wants to tell TG about it.

Basically, the main problem here is that there's no technical aspect of him that we know about. Wishmaster has been writing guides for instance on the forums, he has made various tools too that helps in analysis of the travian game, and he is a good OC + DC; and mazzi is the the meta leader of the oldest alliance in entire .com that is still playing, he has seen all the previous patches of the game and can point out all the strategies that has been killed by TG through the various patch updates.

So, I would like someone to be there who can at least understand and discern the bad and wrong changes which the other domain candidates will bring with themselves. TG has repeatedly proved that they do not understand enough game mechanics themselves, so whatever happens, will get decided there.

(The 4th suggestion of mentally i did like - still not technical or anything though. I am one of the players who loves the winter theme, so whoever that wins, should get the optional themes implemented).

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

tg_TL-DQ4_970x250_181126.jpg