Merging troops with gold is there a daily limit?

⭐ Advent Calendar giveaway ⭐

December! 🎁 Gift time!
Every day from December 1st to December 24th, starting at 10:00 AM (UTC+1), we'll be doing an 8-hour giveaway in Discord! Don't miss ➡️ today's surprise! ⬅️
How can you participate? Join us in the official Travian: Legends Discord server, accept the rules to unlock all the channels, head to the #advent-calendar channel, and seize your chance to win!
  • I am a non gold user that spends tones of resources per day merging troops into my capital, so I am wondering if the gold users can click unlimited troops without having to spend resources or not.

Cheers,

Banksy

• I agree that merge should have limit and current situation is unbalanced. I am not sure the question and answer are correct though. Gold users can't "click" unlimited troops, they need to train troops first which require resources by itself. You question sounds to me and surely can be read this way by others that you think merging with gold is just clicking.

• Great so gold users can merge unlimited troops I wonder who decided that was balanced/fair LOL!

about 3 to 4 years ago i had a nice heated debate on this feature with someone :P I kept saying that this feature is equivalent to buying resources, but nobody else was adding their voice to mine X/

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

• it is a great future

only if you merge on resources so you no not need GB+GS

(you can use it in cap to build same off as non cap at same costs)

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed . . .

History:

Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2) and many more not listed.

Valhalla, Carpe Diem (t3 .com classics), CS! 2017 finals (Croatia)

CUP 2018 finals, X3 2019 finals (Russia)

~ The special one... ~

• So on the Com x5 that I just played I merged only with resources, and I was able to reach almost 180k clubs & 40k TK's. A gold user that was able to do unlimited merging reached 2.2 million clubs & 220k TK's. I don't know why I even bother playing Travian the game is so unbalanced because of gold. The part that bothers me the most is how tones of gold is spent in the finals, so.. how is that really a tournament if people are paying to win?

Cheers,

Banksy

• You played a special server.

5x Speed is not regular.

Merging is a region server only feature (usually).

Region servers dont have a world wonder, so theres no need for a massive army. And even if you create one, sure its op, cant really be defended etc. BUT the whole purpose of the gamemode doesnt need such an offense.

Merging on 5x Special is OP, because you have world wonders.

I agree that its broken.. People with "unlimited" Gold have a clear and absurd advantage over all other players.. And travian should not be like that.

I personally just stay away from region servers with merging :D

-- Ich hab seit 13 Jahren, 13 Monaten und 13 Tagen --

-- Keine Nacht geschlafen, was mich wach hält ist der Wahnsinn --

:rom08: Nephilim Dreamteam :rom08:

W3 Nephilim - SuF 2019/2020 - Sieg

W1 XOXO - MINA 2020 - WW-Off

W5 Nephilim - SR. 2020/2021

They hate us, cause they ain't us..

• Merging will never make it onto regular WW servers, why do you think a lot of people decided not to play this years NYS? Because merging was on it.

Yes, exactly for those reasons baby seals didn't restart this NYS server either!

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

• So on the Com x5 that I just played I merged only with resources, and I was able to reach almost 180k clubs & 40k TK's. A gold user that was able to do unlimited merging reached 2.2 million clubs & 220k TK's. I don't know why I even bother playing Travian the game is so unbalanced because of gold. The part that bothers me the most is how tones of gold is spent in the finals, so.. how is that really a tournament if people are paying to win?

Cheers,

Banksy

You should not have used resources on merging in this case, but have used small trainer if you had opportunity to do and use resources on that?

merging cost you x3 resources on 1x speed. trainer in small barracks/stable would have doubled army at same resources costs

History:

Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2) and many more not listed.

~ The special one... ~

• You should not have used resources on merging in this case, but have used small trainer if you had opportunity to do and use resources on that?

merging cost you x3 resources on 1x speed. trainer in small barracks/stable would have doubled army at same resources costs

So a gold user basically has an advantage that is equal to having a small trainer artifact without actually having the trainer. I wonder how does that keep the game balanced? Maybe everyone should have a trainer to make it fair, or wait that would mean that the owners of Travian stopped being greedy. :D Tune in next time when we discuss a gold user capturing 400 animals on day 8 of the Travian Finals to avoid being destroyed by my catapults...

Cheers,

Banksy

• On annual special servers (those are the servers with merge, with only exception being 5x NYS which just ended) everyone in decent alliance has a trainer. Merge is more than a trainer, people merge from 7 or even more villages WITH a TRAINER :S. Rebuilding decent hammer in a week is not an issue as long as you have siege and willing to spend gold.

Gold merge is very unbalanced feature. I doubt that removing gold from the equation is on the table though. The question is how to balance/limit it at least to some extend.

• On annual special servers (those are the servers with merge, with only exception being 5x NYS which just ended) everyone in decent alliance has a trainer. Merge is more than a trainer, people merge from 7 or even more villages WITH a TRAINER :S. Rebuilding decent hammer in a week is not an issue as long as you have siege and willing to spend gold.

Gold merge is very unbalanced feature. I doubt that removing gold from the equation is on the table though. The question is how to balance/limit it at least to some extend.

Ya the merge function is so broken in the hands of gold users, and as for the trainer there is only so many artifacts to go around! My problem with gold users is in the Travian finals, and one example is where a gold user was able to get around 400 animals within 2 hours to fight for him. It is the little things like that which make the game so unbalanced. I believe that there is a way to balance the game, and keep gold as a function so that Travian can profit from it. There is just a few key elements that need limits, or else players without gold don't stand a chance. I am a fan of the forwarding function I believe forwarding is very realistic!

Cheers,

Banksy

• Merging 200-300k army with gold is little more costly then capturing 400 animals i think ;)

It is better to activate an ancient power if your alliance controls region with small trainer and spend resources that way instead of using resources to merge armies at 3x resource costs by using merge for with recources.

Can not compare it with regular server where there are only 6 artifacts to use by all players on server...

Merging with resources is a great function if you wish to make a cap hammer, as it simulates having great barracks/stables in your cap :)

But is it wise to merge? Depends on which server you are on and what location your cap has...

History:

~ The special one... ~

• I am a fan of the forwarding function I believe forwarding is very realistic!

Not suitable for legends servers if techs persists. Imagine trying to ghost someone's parked hammer, and he forwards those to his second village to dodge your attacks. At least right now through dodging, the player would have to feed his troops for a back and forth trip, but through forwarding that opportunity is also taken.

Post was edited 1 time, last by fnx ().