a couple new rules?

• Hey mates,

It appears I'm a bit out of the loop on the latest travian developments. For example, animals are not respawning in oases until the end of BP - that is something I've never seen before. Now I'm wondering about another rule that I've heard was implemented on a couple of other servers.

I'm wondering what the rule is for "spiking" of inactives on this server? Can you only reinforce allies/confeds, essentially eliminating spikers? Or is it going by the old school rules, where anything goes?

On a related note, how are defense points calculated on com4? Is it based on the village owner or the troop owner? Sorry if some of these things are now standard on Travian, as I said I am clearly a bit out of the loop with latest version. Thanks!

• 1. You can only reinfore alliance and confederation members. So spiking is nearly "impossible"

2. Defensive points are gained when your troops are hit, no longer gained by village owner.

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed . . .

History:

Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2) and many more not listed.

Valhalla, Carpe Diem (t3 .com classics), CS! 2017 finals (Croatia)

CUP 2018 finals, X3 2019 finals (Russia)

~ The special one... ~

• Hi, reinfore inhibition should be removed. We are playing this game as a family and we had to check our villages sometimes. However, because we are playing in other areas, we cant join to the same alliance. And other than that reason, this is a strategy game and we need some spies on other alliances. Without spies and betrayals, what is the joy of this game ? What can we do for this rule to change ? Please inform me. This is the game that we've been playing for years but we are not having any joy right now.

• Hi, reinfore inhibition should be removed. We are playing this game as a family and we had to check our villages sometimes. However, because we are playing in other areas, we cant join to the same alliance. And other than that reason, this is a strategy game and we need some spies on other alliances. Without spies and betrayals, what is the joy of this game ? What can we do for this rule to change ? Please inform me. This is the game that we've been playing for years but we are not having any joy right now.

lets say there are different opinions about it and many enjoy game more this way. How confederacy system stops you from spying, exactly?

• I am not talking about scouting, I am talking about spying, this rule prohibits to being a spy on two alliances . But, as I told you, this is not the real issue. It's about playing as a family and not being able to check our villages when needed. The same issue is relevant for friends too. Being on other location on map creates a need for other alliance, otherwise, it is not possible to survive.

lets say there are different opinions about it and many enjoy game more this way. How confederacy system stops you from spying, exactly?

• Maybe he's talking about cross-sitting. You can't sit an account from a different alliance now, right?

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

~That's a fine looking high horse~

• Maybe he's talking about cross-sitting. You can't sit an account from a different alliance now, right?

thats correct, its BS

2008-2012 Com2 - [PM]/ US/ MDS

2018/2019 Com6 - Blitz (MAM)

2019/20 Com2 - Divide&Conquer (Gunners)

2020 Com4 - Blitzkrieg (GD)

2020/21 Com2 - Godzilla (Gunners)

• Thanks everyone for your replies!

Follow up question for those who have already seen a server with this new animal-respawn rule: what does it look like when the 5-day grace period is over? Immediately animals start respawning? How much does it resemble the old days of animal respawns?

Cheers

• 1. You don't need to sit someone in another alliance in order to spy, so that argument is disingenuous or naive

2. If you are playing the game as a family you should be in the same alliance, otherwise you aren't actually playing together?

3. More people like the confederacy rule than don't. It eliminates spiking which was a major issue. A double edged sword is the transparency it causes - but its not like it was that hard to figure out where defense was coming from anyway. It does also put a much stronger cap on zerg groups, though finals alliances seem to manage to make it work with more than 240+ accounts.

Regarding the oasis rule the world doesn't seem to have ended yet (even if I believe it isn't quite what the Ambassadors were looking for) but I haven't experienced it yet nor heard from many on the subject. Though me not hearing things tends to bode well in favor of the change.

Former Anglosphere Ambassador 2019-2020

• Update for anyone who was curious: the animals respawn essentially IMMEDIATELY after exactly 5 days, and they respawn pretty friggin fast. I would suggest having troops stop hitting oases exactly at the 5 day mark (when the first BP ends for players who started exactly at server start). My troops learned this the hard way!

Cheers

• Update for anyone who was curious: the animals respawn essentially IMMEDIATELY after exactly 5 days, and they respawn pretty friggin fast. I would suggest having troops stop hitting oases exactly at the 5 day mark (when the first BP ends for players who started exactly at server start). My troops learned this the hard way!

Cheers

I recommend you pound them oasis’ to death with 2 club raids :evil:

2008-2012 Com2 - [PM]/ US/ MDS

2018/2019 Com6 - Blitz (MAM)

2019/20 Com2 - Divide&Conquer (Gunners)

2020 Com4 - Blitzkrieg (GD)

2020/21 Com2 - Godzilla (Gunners)