Vote for auto evasion update!

• Do you think that Travian should implement this change? 21

1. Yes (6) 29%
    2. No (14) 67%
    3. Don't care (1) 5%

Greetings good people of Travian! This affects players that send out many raids, and when a raid gets countered all of their other troops in the capital that were not out marching also fail to evade.

Currently the gold club auto evasion has what I deem to be an error, and the error is that the troops in a capital will disobey a direct order when compromised by other troops that are returning home. To add clarity I will explain this in detail with an example. In Travian the current auto evade compromises all troops in the capital when an attacker is within 10 seconds of your own troops that are returning home. The problem with this is that all of your scouts in your capital will die as a result, and that is because they are disobeying the direct order to evade.

How can troops that were not sent out anywhere be countered.

Here is the example;

Let's imagine that you have 100 scouts in your capital, and you have a raiding party of 5 other troops that are returning back to the capital. In this example the enemy troops that are attacking your capital get lucky, and the attack just happens to land within 10 seconds of those 5 troops that are returning to the capital. As a result the 100 scouts that are already in the village will disobey a direct order to evade, and of course the 5 troops returning home get compromised as well which is to be expected. In a real combat scenario the 100 scouts that were already in the capital would still follow their generals order to evade, and the 5 troops that were returning home would be left to die because they really are compormised.

I do not agree that ALL the troops that were in the capital that were never sent out anywhere should be compromised since they weren't marching anywhere, so I created this poll to see if other Travian players agree. To recap the 100 scouts in the example are perfectly capable of following their generals orders, and that is because they weren't already out marching. The 5 troops that were being followed do not evade the attack which is logical, and that is because the 5 troops were already mobile. If you agree it's wrong that all of your scouts in the capital should die because of unlucky timing from a returning raiding party. Then vote yes if you agree! If you think that those scouts are incapable of evading the incoming attack even though they have plenty of time to evade then vote no.

This vote could implement a change to the auto evade feature, and any troops that are being followed by an attacker will not evade which is fair; however, the troops that were not on the march should follow the direct order to evade.

Cheers,

Banksy

• the general orders are that no troops evade when an attack lands within 10 seconds of any returning troops...

Wanna make the game even easier as it already is? When you're raiding or attacking, face concequences that your troops can be counter attacked...

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed . . .

History:

Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2) and many more not listed.

Valhalla, Carpe Diem (t3 .com classics), CS! 2017 finals (Croatia)

CUP 2018 finals, X3 2019 finals (Russia)

~ The special one... ~

• Not quite sure what you’re talking about.

The gold club auto evade feature currently compromises all troops within the capital when an attack is within 10 seconds of a returning raiding party. Troops that are being countered are compromised which makes sense, but the current feature also makes all the other troops that weren't being countered fail to evade.

To recap what is above in the post... The 5 troops that are being countered are compromised, but the 100 scouts that were sitting in your capital not marching anywhere also get compromised... which I don't think is right. If you think that those 100 scouts are capable of evading the incoming attack then vote yes! If you think those scouts that were sitting in the capital should be compromised then vote no.

My philosophy is that the 100 scouts sitting in the capital weren't marching anywhere, so they should still evade an incoming since they have plenty of time to do it! By clicking the auto evade box you are giving your troops a direct order to evade attacks, so any troops that weren't mobile should follow your orders.

The troops that were already mobile, and are being followed by an attacker those troops of course should compromised. Which is fair.

The troops that were not mobile should be capable of following their orders to evade.

The scenario is hard to understand until you experience it in the game, so I did my best to provide an example outlining the current situation.

Cheers,

Banksy

• the general orders are that no troops evade when an attack lands within 10 seconds of any returning troops...

Wanna make the game even easier as it already is? When you're raiding or attacking, face concequences that your troops can be counter attacked...

It isn't about making it easier. It is about making it realistic.

Troops can be countered there is no doubt about it, but how can you counter troops that are not even on the move? I see your point now try to see mine. The update obviously will still allow for troops that were out marching to be countered, but a players scouts that never left the capital should still be able to evade as ordered.

"If you do not understand your enemy you will suffer a defeat in all your victories." <-Sun Tzu

Cheers,

Banksy

• It is about making it easier, as the mechanics now are:

NO troops evade when you have an attack within 10 seconds of ANY returning troops.

It is not about the 100 scouts i guess, bcs it will also affect your entire army when found home and attacked within 10 sec of ANY returning troops ;)

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed . . .

History:

Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2) and many more not listed.

Valhalla, Carpe Diem (t3 .com classics), CS! 2017 finals (Croatia)

CUP 2018 finals, X3 2019 finals (Russia)

~ The special one... ~

• Completely remove auto evade.

Make the game fun and risky again.

Everyone just sims armies in capitals and doesn't do anything in the server... :wall:

Luckily you can sometimes at least counter auto evade.. thank god!

This update you proposing "might" make it "realistic", but then what's really realistic in the game..... I suppose you got countered ? :^)

so sad.

-- Ich hab seit 13 Jahren, 13 Monaten und 13 Tagen --

-- Keine Nacht geschlafen, was mich wach hält ist der Wahnsinn --

:rom08: Nephilim Dreamteam :rom08:

SuF 2019/2020

• A big no from me. Auto-evasion doesn't need to be buffed, it's already really strong. Sending attacks that can be countered? Farming? Deal with the consequence that you will have to keep track of returning troops landing before attacks, and not just blindly rely on an automatic feature.

It isn't about making it easier. It is about making it realistic.

Realism shouldn't be more important than game balance. Unless the game is entirely centered around being realistic, which Travian isn't.

• It is about making it easier, as the mechanics now are:

NO troops evade when you have an attack within 10 seconds of ANY returning troops.

It is not about the 100 scouts i guess, bcs it will also affect your entire army when found home and attacked within 10 sec of ANY returning troops ;)

If I wanted the game to be easier I would buy gold, and then I would spend 180k silver on scrolls like other players do. Like I said it is about making the game realistic.

• A big no from me. Auto-evasion doesn't need to be buffed, it's already really strong. Sending attacks that can be countered? Farming? Deal with the consequence that you will have to keep track of returning troops landing before attacks, and not just blindly rely on an automatic feature.

Realism shouldn't be more important than game balance. Unless the game is entirely centered around being realistic, which Travian isn't.

You get to make your own choice, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

However troops that are not sent out anywhere do not match what you said, and I quote "sending attacks that can be countered". Troops that have not left the village are not attacking anyone therefore what you said was a foolish statement. If a small raiding party of 5 troops happens to be within the 10 seconds of a random attackers raid... Then why are all my other troops committing suicide while violating a direct order to evade.

I understand that Travian gets to design their own mechanics, and of course it is up to the individual player if they want to continue to play a broken game or not. If you want to judge me for relying on an automatic feature do I also get to judge you for buying gold to gain an advantage over players that don't? "Judge not unless to be judged yourself."

Let me quote you again "Realism shouldn't be more important than game balance. Unless the game is entirely centered around being realistic, which Travian isn't." Travian's online description "Travian: Legends is set in classical antiquity." I don't see the world fantasy in there do you? I see that it is based on an era "Classical antiquity (also the classical era, classical period or classical age) is the period of cultural history between the 8th century BC and the 6th century AD centered on the Mediterranean Sea, comprising the interlocking civilizations of ancient Greece and ancient Rome known as the Greco-Roman world." With that being said why can I not march my elephants on offense like Hannibal did? There is two sides to every coin, but hey you get to spew all the gibberish that you like it's a free world at least in my country.

Cheers,

Banksy

• Finally someone I can agree with! I would vote yes to removing auto evade entirely.

"I suppose you got countered ? :^)" You supposed wrong so sad buddy.

If you took the time to read the example it was based on what I experienced. A small raiding party got unlucky, and was within 10 seconds of a random enemy attackers raid on my capital. As a result my scouts committed suicide by joining the returning raiding party of mine that unfortunately returned within ten seconds of another players attack. The returning raiding party did not strike the attacker nor their alliance, so unless he used a spy to see a small attack on a inactive farm then it wasn't a counter.

You had my upvote until I read further into your response.

Cheers,

Banksy

• Let me quote you again "Realism shouldn't be more important than game balance. Unless the game is entirely centered around being realistic, which Travian isn't." Travian's online description "Travian: Legends is set in classical antiquity." I don't see the world fantasy in there do you? I see that it is based on an era "Classical antiquity (also the classical era, classical period or classical age) is the period of cultural history between the 8th century BC and the 6th century AD centered on the Mediterranean Sea, comprising the interlocking civilizations of ancient Greece and ancient Rome known as the Greco-Roman world." With that being said why can I not march my elephants on offense like Hannibal did? There is two sides to every coin, but hey you get to spew all the gibberish that you like it's a free world at least in my country.

The setting the game is in has nothing to do with whether realism is the ultimate objective of the game design or not. I certainly don't need a history lesson (given my line of education, I have had plenty), especially when it's completely irrelevant to the topic of game design.