LoT 2020 Regional (Annual Special) Server Changes and Suggestions (COM)

• I think the unbalanced distribution of powers makes the game much more fun. Often times, three or four alliances are fighting for what would normally be one section of a quadrant in a normal server. It forces groups to fight it out -- rather than everyone pick their corner and wait it out at sniping distance (most of the problem with WW servers nowadays).

That's why I favor putting all of the high value Unique Artifacts around 0|0, while converting The Gray into +200 VP.

Draw most combat towards the central area... but leave external strategies valid for those who wish to try.

• That's just an incremental WW server though. Instead of winning all at once, you win bit by bit over a period of time. I think the random dispersion to one part or another provides a variety that can't be planned for every round.

• That's just an incremental WW server though. Instead of winning all at once, you win bit by bit over a period of time. I think the random dispersion to one part or another provides a variety that can't be planned for every round.

Not really.

I haven't seen any team on any server with more than 50 active accounts actually build a GZ World Wonder in over 5 years.

Putting a REAL draw to the center actually would change things.

It's exploring.

• Also would like to see some changes regarding inactive accounts.

If nobody log in (owner or sitter) for 48 hrs - account should switch automatically to vacation mode until someone log in again.

Lot of benefits imo

- motivate players to be more active

- if something suddenly happen in your RL and you are not able to log in for few days, when you come back your account is not totally destroyed

- need more effort to hold a region as account in vacation mode do not contribute to the regional pop

- force off players to search extra resources by raiding more active players = more fights

• players wont fight more, they will just have more multis, techs and friendly farms :)

yeah, you are right :( so much cheating...

no point to try fix the game, where you can register as many accounts you want...

• Just a small update:

Buff to merchant speed on regional servers (by any means, regional power, TS/TO buff, alliance bonus) is most likely not happening. There's no support from most of the other ambassadors (who play on 400x400 map instead of 800x800), nor does TG feel that it's necessary.

For randomized regions, the discussion continues, so you can keep your hopes up ;)

Still interested in hearing any additional ideas, so post away here or PM me.

tg_TL-DQ4_970x250_181126.jpg