Codex Victoria x2 speed - Facts and Rumours

• My 2 cents … there are way too many people on every server claiming "cheats", but I will admit there are a few advantages to a pre-formed alliance.

To be clear, I'm not calling anyone a cheat (although I am damned sure there are still plenty of those around). I am just saying that thinking you are hot sh*t because you have the biggest whatever, when you use every lever possible to give you an advantage, is dumb. Sure, you are the biggest, get the best outcomes, kill the most, farm the most, win the server, whatever it is you aim for, but it really doesn't say anything about your skill level.

Having a good alliance is pretty much the best possible advantage, and I'm certainly not going to say no one should try for that! But.... being a top account, with a good alliance behind you, teching, being teched, using buckets of $, having multiple duals, etc. (next biggest) is not the same as doing it on your own without any advantages.

You really cannot compare the skill level of a guy who sits in nest of big opposition players without duals or sitters for weeks, with the big guys all around him, who eventually get his villages (or nuke them). Sure, it's fun, but it does NOT mean you are good at the game. So have fun, but don't kid yourselves. One day, try doing it on your own. THAT is fun (but not for long).

This is aimed at everyone, not just L9. But so far the "you iz weaksauce" is only coming from one ... and he's wrong. Because, I iz hotsauce.

Luv

Goddess of Sauces

There are gods and goddesses. I stand before you as proof.

• I am just saying that thinking you are hot sh*t because you have the biggest whatever, when you use every lever possible to give you an advantage, is dumb. Sure, you are the biggest, get the best outcomes, kill the most, farm the most, win the server, whatever it is you aim for, but it really doesn't say anything about your skill level.

Having a good alliance is pretty much the best possible advantage, and I'm certainly not going to say no one should try for that! But.... being a top account, with a good alliance behind you, teching, is not the same as doing it on your own without any advantages.

Goddess of Sauces

You sound like you have anxiety issues about game play and game rules. This post initially made me laugh so hard it makes forums worth it.. until I realized the tragedy your personal situation must be in. It would be schadenfreude to be laughing so hard watching you twist and turn. I'm sorry

• Having a good alliance is pretty much the best possible advantage, and I'm certainly not going to say no one should try for that! But.... being a top account, with a good alliance behind you, teching, being teched, using buckets of $, having multiple duals, etc. (next biggest) is not the same as doing it on your own without any advantages.

You really cannot compare the skill level of a guy who sits in nest of big opposition players without duals or sitters for weeks, with the big guys all around him, who eventually get his villages (or nuke them). Sure, it's fun, but it does NOT mean you are good at the game. So have fun, but don't kid yourselves. One day, try doing it on your own. THAT is fun (but not for long)

First of all, the use of gold, duals and techs is within the game's rules. A tech's primary goal is to settle an egyptian cap for a non egyptian player. I will admit that is a great advantage but at the same time if you don't have a tech, chief an egyptian and settle a cropper. That's what I would do at least. If you believe that your level of skill is displayed by how well you can run an account solo then you probably haven't played enough servers. And obviously, you can give anyone a top account right now and see how they won't run it as efficiently as experienced players. No gold, tech or premade alliance can buy experience or skill.

As for the players who happen to be in a nest of big opposition players, without them the game would not exist. Active accounts farm, chief and take advantage of low activity accounts. That does not mean that the bigger accounts are top whatever because they have 5 duals and loads of gold. If you want to run a top account solo, good luck finding time to sleep :D

• You really cannot compare the skill level of a guy who sits in nest of big opposition players without duals or sitters for weeks, with the big guys all around him, who eventually get his villages (or nuke them). Sure, it's fun, but it does NOT mean you are good at the game. So have fun, but don't kid yourselves. One day, try doing it on your own. THAT is fun (but not for long).

.. and pretty much every person that plays the game has started out alone and rarely as a dual. Judging accounts based on one server doesn't make them a weak player, and I usually give credit where credit is due even if I can rollover them or stop their hammer single handed. On the normal speed anglo CV, there was a player mostly in the SE who quietly chiefed farms and natars and on the last day formed his alliance of one and took control of 2 regions from MG … even though I personally knew he was there and that he would do it, I loved the fact that he just quietly grew and made sure he was not a problem so he could play that final move. It was awesome to watch!
    Does this mean then that every last account that was in an alliance who technically had every advantage and numbers was weaksauce?

Not even close :D
    Your idea of fun is not the same as everyone else's, and goals for winning are not always the same as the goals intended by TG.

s6r2 - Vaultboy ……………………….. currently us20 Beerus
    s19 - Plague Fyre ……………………... us3 Shere Khan
    s20 - C3sar ...............……. uk3 Tantric Ritual
    s1r11 - Asmoti
    s19 - Tequila

• I am just saying that thinking you are hot sh*t because you have the biggest whatever, when you use every lever possible to give you an advantage, is dumb. Sure, you are the biggest, get the best outcomes, kill the most, farm the most, win the server, whatever it is you aim for, but it really doesn't say anything about your skill level.

Having a good alliance is pretty much the best possible advantage, and I'm certainly not going to say no one should try for that! But.... being a top account, with a good alliance behind you, teching, is not the same as doing it on your own without any advantages.

Goddess of Sauces

You sound like you have anxiety issues about game play and game rules. This post initially made me laugh so hard it makes forums worth it.. until I realized the tragedy your personal situation must be in.

• You sound like you have anxiety issues about game play and game rules. This post initially made me laugh so hard it makes forums worth it.. until I realized the tragedy your personal situation must be in.

I'm such a tragic. I left the game for 6 years and it really hasn't changed much. I suppose that does make me a bit tragic. Coming back. Good people having fun, good people taking it too seriously, Toss pots also having fun (hey, I get to determine the potness) and dicks being dicks, and a whole bunch of over compensating egos who think it all means something. It's a game. It's not me with the anxiety.

But thanks for playing!

You all seem to miss my point completely. I'm not saying you shouldn't do all this uneven advantaging. I do some of it myself. But doing it doesn't let you claim excellence as a player. Teching is a new thing for me, and if it's legal, it's legal. It's also an uneven advantage over those who don't do it. Or have the opportunity to do it. I wish you all well, to burn the server down with your enormous compensations, or whatever it is you desire!

Am I a top player? No, even if I did all the stuff you guys do, I wouldn't be any better than average to good. I don't have the time, focus or imagination required. I have been on winning alliances. Dualed on top 10 accounts, even (small server, admittedly). I've never held a winning WW, but sitting them was enough and something I never want to do again. Which is why I really don't understand doing the whole thing time after time. Actually, I think I do. Being lauded on here (well, not HERE, exactly) probably is a buzz that means a lot to some.

I, however, prefer being a forum troll, really.

Post was edited 1 time, last by rokchick ().

• I left it too. Too many game -EDIT- throwng bans because people who are just playing normal game play within the rules, but excelling causing people to whine and cry until TG gives in and craps on the game because someone THOUGHT they were doing too good to be real. Going to leave it again for the same reason. Non-gold players complaining about gold players, not understanding it's the gold players that are paying for the game development they play for free. No gold..no game. What are they complaining about? Whiny little ..oh well..

People who complain because of game evolvement and adaptive strategies to new style play (YOU ARE ON CODEX!! If you dont like Codex strategies, play a traditional WW)

It's clear that conquering different tribes and the tribes staying would be a greatly different strategy. People who played this before, understand the importance of a eggy capital. and hun hammer. So.. it's natural you plan swapping villages to your advantage, but those too dim to capture the difference and still want to play WW style lose. So far, only Legion seems to have a regional awareness in this game, other than L9.

So the more you whine and cry, the more apparent it is, you just don't have a grasp of regional server game play. Then you sob claiming cheat.

Trust me, you will complain just as much on any other server.. you just happened to pick this one and got your panties in a knot.

I read your posts and just roll over laughing, until I feel bad. I should not take that much pleasure out of someone elses misery I guess that is called Shadenfreud.

Post was edited 1 time, last by Marl ().

• Don't worry too much Senja :D … wait til they learn that some of the top accounts are run by girls/women :D

s1r11 - Asmoti
    s19 - Tequila

• Would you guys have a problem if they made it against the rules to use tech accounts again? To be honest, I am a heavy gold user and I think tech accounts are certainly a step too far.

• Don't worry too much Senja :D … wait til they learn that some of the top accounts are run by girls/women :D

Because some of the top accounts ARE women (including you and me) It never occurred to me that she was making this a gender thing. Us girls rAwK!!!!!

Would you guys have a problem if they made it against the rules to use tech accounts again? To be honest, I am a heavy gold user and I think tech accounts are certainly a step too far.

Nope not at all, They make no techs a rule, then thats ok too, but It would be really difficult to prove a really good Tech from a really BAD player. LOL Techs only speed things up about a week or so, and isn't all the advantage you might think it is..

• Would you guys have a problem if they made it against the rules to use tech accounts again? To be honest, I am a heavy gold user and I think tech accounts are certainly a step too far.

the closet I come to tech accounts is a prearrangement with a dual to make an Egyptian cap on a regional server …. I do not like using techs. I prefer people working together in an alliance doing what is best for their individual accounts and incorporating that into the alliance plans and goals.

s1r11 - Asmoti
    s19 - Tequila

Oh don't worry, they know that. But women don't get so upset about compensatory callouts, so it's not as much fun. The WW I sat was a womans account. And the top deffer on that server was too. I assume many of you on here are as well.

With tech accounts, there is obviously a huge advantage to having different tribes. The biggest dif to the way it used to be tbh. And one of the most unbalancing levers. If there were a way to make it easier for everyone to do it, rather than just the ones with all the other levers as well, it might not be so bad. Taking vils for friends and ally members will always happen if it's allowed, and I don't really care about that so much. Having multiple players set up accounts and then all end up on one that benefits in some way from them is pretty unfair, tho. Doing it by design IS cheating, even if it's legal. Happening organically is why it's legal. Doing it deliberately is cheating legally.

Post was edited 1 time, last by rokchick ().

• All tech accounts were used start of the game to settle egy caps and thats it. Does that really give other alliances that much of a disadvantage ? Its definitely not many accounts providing villages for one big account. (I have 12 chiefed villages and only one was from a tech which is my egy cap) If i did not have this option and i was in a random alliance, I would have asked a egy member to settle for me or chiefed an egy tribe and settle myself.

And about premade alliances dominating, calling themselves hot shots, claiming excellence. It just looks like that from other alliances perspective.

Ive played in all non premade alliances before and this is the first region in a premade alliance. I was leader for legion last server. And last server I also thought MG is doing something special. But the truth is there is nothing special. Its just a normal alliance with a bunch of friends that have made a relationship with each other over the many servers played in the past. The only difference is we can count on each other to pull their weight when needed, there is no doubts of spies and unnecessary bickering.

As a player that played in mostly random alliances and now in a premade I can really say that , that is the only game changer. In all previous premade we had to many disagreements and members where not happy with leaders and leaders were not happy with members. That alone gives L9 a big advantage and i agree its tough for other alliances to compete. We are well set up with duals, sitters and coverage. so what are we supposed to do here really? We all need to join the server solo to make it a level playing field ? Give up relations made over the years ? Go easy on other alliances ?

I think all good alliances in travian are formed over many many years.

• On the normal speed anglo CV, there was a player mostly in the SE who quietly chiefed farms and natars and on the last day formed his alliance of one and took control of 2 regions from MG … even though I personally knew he was there and that he would do it, I loved the fact that he just quietly grew and made sure he was not a problem so he could play that final move. It was awesome to watch!

He WAS!! He was an awesome under the radar player, and I'm sure he thought his private victory went un-noticed. Just personal satisfaction. But he actually had many players watching him, cheering him on. You personally, kept pointing him out to the alliance and was his socially distanced cheerleader. Way to go!