Hello SGR

• I have played with SGR a long time ago almost 7 years but missed this years invitation. Got the invitation but failed to join on jan ... I am gonna play speed or com3 again just want a advice is com 3 good ?

• If you are looking for SGR, you won't find them on forum. As for com3, I can't help much. Most of the servers are dead, but this global lockdown could bring surprises. Maybe.

Good Luck :)

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

~That's a fine looking high horse~

• I remember the times from 10 years ago (when I first got into this game), when com servers easily had 10k+ players, the map was covered in villages up to (100|100) shortly after BP, and the game just felt so much more active and engaging.

Nowadays it seems like the game is dead, player numbers are dwindling, the dev team hasn't made (IMO) any significant updates in the last years, and most importantly mobile UX is still miserable. In this day and age portability is key and Travian completely failed to capitalize on that point.

Does anyone have any insight as to why the company essentially failed to make Travian successful? At some point it really was one of the top browser-based MMOs, and I felt they could have done more to keep the game awesome...

• They simply couldn't come up with a way to make it appealing enough for players in this day and age. Neither did they want to put in that much investment when their company was still in positive.

The fact that there are less players but maybe the amount of them buying gold has increased must give them confidence that this will last. End of the day, a game with a concept such as this won't be competitive against browser games where character move lol rather than it being a numbers game.

• I think your wrong in that aspect sakku, I think travian has what it takes to stay competitive, i've always like numbers games and many others do that I have talked to as well.

What travian really needs to do is:

#1 MAKE A MOBILE APP @ANYBODY FROM TRAVIAN HOW HAS THIS NOT BEEN DONE MY DRY CLEANERS HAVE AN APP

#2 Keep it up with the special features on bonus servers, what keeps it fun for me is all the new additions and changes on these bonus servers such as the 10x, it makes it fresh and more engaging having more options for tribe/hospital/speed of the server.

#3 But we all know this will never happen is listen to the community! Everybody hated the new UI roleout and now while I am used to it, I still fumble around in my village looking for specific buildings that for years i could identify easily. I've been playing this game for 10+ years and it feels as though they have gotten worse at listening to the players rather than better.

Travian needs to appeal to the mobile age, i play about half my time mobile and to not have a halfway decent app is ridiculous. I don't know how they haven't explored this or even announced the start of development. The app store is an easy way to engage more players and keep your now older mature players active in a time when we are all likely to have a smartphone.

• I play from my phone 95% of the time using normal browser on my phone and I never had a problem with that. So what you guys want from an app I dont understand. We have farmlist, wave builder. What more do you guys want?

• #1 MAKE A MOBILE APP @ANYBODY FROM TRAVIAN HOW HAS THIS NOT BEEN DONE MY DRY CLEANERS HAVE AN APP

They are working on it, but have to re-write the old code (should have been done years ago, but yeah... They started late, but they are working on it now). If you haven't already, you should check out the new phone optimization.

• They are working on it, but have to re-write the old code (should have been done years ago, but yeah... They started late, but they are working on it now). If you haven't already, you should check out the new phone optimization.

I'm personally a fan of the phone optimization, not a huge fan that it only works on the google chrome app as I generally use safari on my phone but I personally am a fan!

• Have they fixed clock, resources overview... for phone optimization?

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

~That's a fine looking high horse~

• Nowadays it seems like the game is dead, player numbers are dwindling, the dev team hasn't made (IMO) any significant updates in the last years

They make changes to the game, but for whatever reasons those changes never make it to 1x servers. Even championship server got 5 tribes this year, but 1x servers? :|

It took a decade of begging for them to implement the no-spking rules in 1x server! After having the code ready for 6-7 years - and teasing us with it - they finally implemented that code into 1x servers after I quit the game being fed up with planned spikers. The game was not playable, you either had to cheat or lose troops to random spikes. I wonder how many other players like me have quit this for similar reasons.

They also have some really magnificent marketing managers! They would rather squeeze out more gold from their current player base, then to use the attractive features to entice the new players to stay - and thus add to their player base. And then irony is that if someone is going to buy 600 gold per month, he's not going to buy 650 per month because you want 50 gold for a feature. He'd save the 50 gold from elsewhere. Correct me if i'm wrong >_<

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

970x250_5Tribes.png