Spiking should be allowed to stop encouraging boring game

• Raiding is not getting way too strong (amplified by 40% resource production bonus, which makes inactive villages yield even more farm). Ever since spiking is removed, Travian just turns into boring PRESS RAID RAID AND RAID button over and over again.

If this continues, this game is not a strategy game. It is just an afk farm game just like any other games because raiding requires absolutely no brain power to do and there's ABSOLUTELY NO RISK IN DOING IT.

Travian is a war game that requires strategy and complexity, not just grinding and repeatedly pressing the same button over and over again like flappy bird (press the same button over and over again to gain resource). Allowing players to spike could add more depth to the game as players will start to think strategically which inactives are raidable and which one is dangerous.

if people argue that spiking encourages defensive play style way too much, then the game should add more objectives that can only be acquired by playing offensively, NOT BY REMOVING 100% RISK IN DOING BORING REPETITIVE STUFF TO GAIN ADVANTAGE.

This game is made for human beings who values strategy not human beings who play like a bot that hopes he can win by executing the same stuff over and over again without thinking.

• There is absolutely nothing strategic about farm spiking. it's just something trolls do.
    It should never be reinstated again.
    It sure sucks you can't instantly reinforce chief targets, or other smaller aspects of gameplay, but it is worth sacrificing for not losing your hammers because of trolls that thinks spiking is cool and adds any form of value to the game.
    You can still chief and be a noob and spike a chiefed farm, nothing holds you back from doing that. But at least that is all they can do for now.

Learn the game, and there is way more strategic values to be focusing on as a player.

• I do understand the concerns about people simply raiding to the point they avoid meaningful engagement in game otherwise. But spiking isn't a way to change that culture, I think to encourage more strategy and actual warfare other types of adjustments are needed. I'm not entirely clear what those could be right now but I know that it requires some rethinking about the fundamentals of the game.

• I do feel that people are raiding more intensively now, on comx right now farms are really dry. raiding a 700 pop town gets you almost nothing, since people are more aggressively pushing the raid buttons. but if they were real farmers, they would have done that none the less.

Now we blissfully don't end up getting cut in troop counts over and over again, and if you want better and newer farms, then you have to make them yourself. that is also an art form, and forces people to be more engaging against active players.

BlackBlade people could and can always avoid meaningful engagements, unless spiking was a meaningful engagement? :P

Personally i don't feel there has been any change of gameplay that makes anyone feel left out compared to before. But i am sure up for any changes that would provide optimisations for warfare. The wavebuilder feels really nice, and you get around issues with browser malfunctions when launching. I am a bit appalled that it is not included in the standard gold club though. since it is a necessary feature of the game and in principle runs along side features like raid lists.

• I'm with IaaOkeoke. I've never engaged in deliberately spiking farms (as far as I can recall). I've been on the receiving end from time to time. Not a big deal ... you loose a few troops, and trying to track down the spiker livens up the game for a bit.

But not being able to reinforce anyone that isn't in your alliance or confed seems like a terrible rule. What happened to the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" principle? The Machiavellian plotting and scheming? Maybe I'm just a dinosaur from an earlier age, and have to accept that Travian isn't the game that it used to be.

• I'm with IaaOkeoke. I've never engaged in deliberately spiking farms (as far as I can recall). I've been on the receiving end from time to time. Not a big deal ... you loose a few troops, and trying to track down the spiker livens up the game for a bit.

But not being able to reinforce anyone that isn't in your alliance or confed seems like a terrible rule. What happened to the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" principle? The Machiavellian plotting and scheming? Maybe I'm just a dinosaur from an earlier age, and have to accept that Travian isn't the game that it used to be.

You can just make a temporary confed with that enemy of your enemies enemy behind enemy lines.... or how ever we should put it. ^^

• Thats the point, if you want to play offensive playstyle, then "you have to make them yourself". Not simply clicking raid on inactive players endlessly and brainlessly. That's why monotonous activity that requires 0 strategy should not be rewarded at all on a strategy game. You've made a good point there. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

raiding itself is not a meaningful engagement. Interacting with inactive players? what?

compared to raiding, spiking is a way much more meaningful interaction because you hinder the growth of your enemy.
    Raiding inactives is not even an interaction at all. :D

One more important note to consider for moderators:
    spiking could prevent bot accounts because it will be pointless for them to create account that they cant farm themselves.
    This way, people will naturally start raiding another players as it would be more rewarding than creating bots that can't be farmed.

All we have to do is make sure that raiding active players becomes more rewarding and less costly.

The implementation of hospital is a wonderful start that has been made by developer teams.

I honestly think that it is brilliant and very useful in encouraging players to battle on each other rather than raiding inactives and bots. :thumbup:

( to encourage attacking active players even more, maybe the attacking side can heal their a higher percentage of their troops wounded in battle, while defending side can't heal any troops.
    Another way could be increasing the amount of resources raided by a percentage. For example:
    A raided B and successfully steal 500 resources.
    Then A will receive 600 resources, while B lost 500 resources. This is just an example of creating a reward system for battling active players, I'm sure game developers would have even more creative and better solution than this. Just want to make the point that we need to somehow REWARD STRATEGIC ACTIONS ON ACTIVE PLAYERS AND PUNISH BRAINLESS ACTIVITIES ON INACTIVE PLAYER).

This way, people will start to engage more often on each other and people will find that the game would be a lot more fun, not repetitive, and exciting. I'm sure that players count will increase when people start viewing Travian as a strategic and non repetitive game.

We will solve three problems at once:
    1. boring and brainless play style.

2. Bot accounts
    3. increasing the amount of players playing Travian

Regards.

• Thats the point, if you want to play offensive playstyle, then "you have to make them yourself". Not simply clicking raid on inactive players endlessly and brainlessly. That's why monotonous activity that requires 0 strategy should not be rewarded at all on a strategy game. You've made a good point there. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

raiding itself is not a meaningful engagement. Interacting with inactive players? what?

compared to raiding, spiking is a way much more meaningful interaction because you hinder the growth of your enemy.

Raiding inactives is not even an interaction at all. :D

It sounds to me you don't play offence. You should always put yourself in others shoes.
    I ofc add inactive farms, but I am mostly for cleaning and killing enemies to gain from them before they show up on inactive lists. that boosts me the most at any point in the game.
    Me cleaning accounts, and then have spikers sit and inserting random units a few days later is just terrible. You didn't make the farms, and you didn't do anything to change the gameplay. I should keep what i kill. If anyone else finds them, that's fine. That doesn't mean that there has been no gameplay towards making them. in my honest opinion, people should not be able to delete from the game, which would increase the amounts of farmable accounts. Just remove the 0 pop ability to stay in the game with the last remaining town. (i'm not sure why that is a thing at all).

I have played 2 servers now on comx with massive Tech using (I do it myself from time to time). And when you are a normal fair playing raider, you sit and farm and farm and try to catch up, but then people sit and def your farms and you lose hammers, while the techers keep raiding for free and don't lose any. How does this behavior and gameplay mechanics help fair play at all? none at all, i'll tell you that much.

Hospital seemed like a nice add on, since it also does what bandages does, just only res costly. It's a fine inclusion, and you don't lose the entirety of your hammer and can regain the opportunity to use your hammer again faster. Very important since the servers have become shorter and shorter through the years.

Extra reward from raiding actives compared to inactives just benefits tech'ers even more. It's not doable, nor is it balancing for the game.

bots is surely a bad thing for the game. But there are other and more effective ways to hinder it, which i think TG has gotten better at handling. I might be very wrong on this point though. :D since teching has become the norm now instead.

You wont get people to enjoy playing offence by reintroducing spiking, and you wont be increasing the player base by making it harder to grow your account.

I'm really not sure why you are not pleased with the current state of the game as a def player? If you are in a decent ally that works together there is plenty of things to do, to keep yourself occupied.

The wave builder e.g. has made it a alot easier for lesser capable players to do combined opperations across their team, and by doing so, there is more aggression on the playing field already.
    There is sure things to optimize, but i am out of time for now. :D

• spiking could prevent bot accounts because it will be pointless for them to create account that they cant farm themselves.
    This way, people will naturally start raiding another players as it would be more rewarding than creating bots that can't be farmed.

You logic is completely flawed. Raiding inactives = spike will stay there until they are pulled back/killed. Raiding techs/multies = spike will stay there until they're noticed and then be sent back. Your suggestion encourages farming friendly/multi accounts.

• Allowing spiking will solve the usage of bot accounts? Have you taken any funky substances when stating this?

Allowing spiking would merely INCREASE that behavior, due to fear of unnecessary losing troops in actual farms, opposed to safely farming private farms.

Besides, allowing spiking could lead to accounts made specifically for spiking, which sucks ass in early game, especially if you play fair and try to farm a few res. :)

For it is he that they fear, not man or his armies. They fear the mark of the beast.

Retired since 2020 until further notice.

• there are pro's and con's about allowing spiking again.

the day it will be open spiking season again i will register on all tournament qualify's and play deff in outback getting a 15x return on any unit produced and take all def rewards

for that: spiking was disabled

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed . . .

History:

Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2) and many more not listed.

Valhalla, Carpe Diem (t3 .com classics), CS! 2017 finals (Croatia)

CUP 2018 finals, X3 2019 finals (Russia)

~ The special one... ~

tg_TL-DQ4_970x250_181126.jpg