Oases respawning

• To start it of,

I understand the reasoning for spawning troops in the oases i.e. encourage players to interactively play one another than abuse the system.

Its a good strategy, I get that.

I would like to suggest is - why such an aggressive spawning of animals in the oases, so early in the server?!

For example, in the recent ts3, the animals in ALL the oases spawned suddenly and aggressively - killing almost 75-80% of the troops, which is Insane and really Off-putting (I cannot stress that enough)

It is really frustrating to see so many troops, worked so hard to train over the past couple of days, die just under an hour!!

This is god-damn frustrating, not only for me but each and every player (especially the newbies).

The idea to incorporate and encourage players is not by triggering something that destroys all they have been building, immediately at the start of the server! ( Consider the player experience when you make such designs! )

Suggestions

1. Reconsider spawn rate, at least at the start of the server. Players are really vulnerale at this stage (think about them - How would you feel, if you brought a house, and right before your payment, you lose your job or get a salary cut!)

2. Respawn in only a percentage..and gradually increase it over time. Once players realize that oases have started re-spawning.. they'll eventually drop abusing it.

3. Focus on increasing the spawn rate, depending on the number of attack/raids an oases get (I used to believe it depended on that, but the recent experience in ts3 says otherwise)

• respawn is turned off for the first days of server

when it ends they respawn hard, so watch out when raiding oasis from that point on....

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed . . .

History:

Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2) and many more not listed.

Valhalla, Carpe Diem (t3 .com classics), CS! 2017 finals (Croatia)

CUP 2018 finals, X3 2019 finals (Russia)

~ The special one... ~

• Yes and that's the whole point.

Turning off, is great. For the first 4 days, there were no respawns - this helps players who want to build army/raid build-up.

But when the *respawn hard* hits, its really off-putting.

The idea is to do it in a phased out manner, to give a smoother experience and move them away from depending on the oases.

• Oases no longer respawn during the period where everyone is under beginner's protection. (5 days after server start on a 1X server)
    After that, they seem to me to respawn at the same old rate and for the same reasons. Example: in oases where my account is the only one raiding it, so long as I keep my raids under 5 troops, it takes longer for them to respawn and they don't respawn with as many or as strong animals.

• Check the suggestion pt.3.

I used to believe the same, i.e. the respawn depends on the no. of players trying to raid/attack it.

That doesn't seem to be the case (I've been playing the new ts3 server, that started 5 days ago)

The respawn started about 90 mins before the Beginner Protection ended, and wiped out about 75% of my offense force (losing 28 EI's at this stage is as good as GG for me ;()

• There has to be some room for skills and game knowledge in the game.
    Let me start by expressing my admiration for your attempt to do a raid start with EIs instead of the standard troop Romans would use for it. (legos)
    If you have no tech accounts helping you, that would be extremely difficult to match the settling time of the average veteran.
    By my admittedly rough estimates, that would put you at least a day behind what with having to cover the cost of the troops, buildings and research. And the lost potential CP and resources that you are dealing with due to using your res for that instead of fields and buildings.
    Even using legos, a Roman raid start is harder than a teut or Gaul raid start.
    I do wonder about your unwillingness to continue. So you are a couple of days behind. You are obviously an aggressive player. Why wouldn't you consider staying and trying to steal a decent 15C for a cap?
    At a certain point, you have to adjust to the game. Not ask for the game to adjust to your preferred play style.

• From my perspective it should be as it was before 2014 or 2013, I do not remember accurately the year they changed the spawning rate.
    The reasons are:

- less and less players are coming from advertisments and very few stay in the game because it became too much PTW
    - it allows for a faster early development, thus making server more skirmish with a higher ammount of troops
    - it will discourage the using of tech accounts wich is so lame and patethic

Making the oasis to never respawn after it's been cleared would be even better, but I doubt TG is going to do something like this. Auctions prices for cages are insane on some servers, especially early.

• There has to be some room for skills and game knowledge in the game.

If travian expects to bring in new players (this should be one of their curx on increasing their overall base), they should consider improving or at the least improving the game experience.

Abruptly seeing all of those EI (even after almost 10 yrs experience has left me shocked - I still am livid that this happened).

Now consider, the following 2 scenario's

(A new player who has just joined the server)

1. Abruptly and suddenly loses almost all his army

2. Loses some, and sees animals spawning

In both the scenario's, the player is forced to re-consider raiding the oases.. but scenario 1, is lot more extreme and can drive people away.

We need to consider ideas that try to send a message, and at the same time doesn't push the players away.

At a certain point, you have to adjust to the game. Not ask for the game to adjust to your preferred play style.

Fair point.

But isn't the whole point of this thread to discuss idea's that can improve the game?

Between the 2 scenario's mentioned above, am pretty sure no one would be comfortable with an abrupt and sudden loss of their army at the very start of the game*, and we + travian should explore idea's to improve the experience.

From my perspective it should be as it was before 2014 or 2013,

You mean the v3.6 to v4 change?

To some extent it has improved. It used to be 1600 res. per oases before, afaik and 4/8k seem to be better and compensates to some extent for your losses.

There are many reasons games like travian are losing popularity, and one of them can be attributed to it being PTW (but it needs to be modelled the way it is, to keep the servers and employment running)

The only improvement they can do at this point is to update certain rules and look up ideas to improve the game experience (this includes finding ideas to avoid noob-bashing)

Making the oasis to never respawn after it's been cleared would be even better, but I doubt TG is going to do something like this. Auctions prices for cages are insane on some servers, especially early.

Beats the purpose of re-spawn. From their perspective, they are correct. They want more player-to-player engagement. Respawning animals does exactly that.

The issue I see with that is - the way they've implemented the concept. For a late game, you can have an aggressive re-spawn system. At the start of the game, it simply kills the mood (am still in a shock =O)

The recent Confed + Sitter + Reinforcement changes seem to be awesome and were un-imaginable a few yrs ago.

Thus - we need to identify the points that can damage player morality and find ways for a better engagement of players and ideas.

• This is a solution TG implemented after consulting the best and the most experienced players around. The idea behind it is to limit tech abuse I think and to make the game more appealing for new players (works like a charm from what I've seen :S).

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

~That's a fine looking high horse~

• This is a solution TG implemented after consulting the best and the most experienced players around. The idea behind it is to limit tech abuse I think and to make the game more appealing for new players (works like a charm from what I've seen :S).

lol

I have highlighted the same in all of my above posts.

Respawning is a good idea / thing - it encourages player-to-player interaction, rather than abusing oases.

The point and the crux of the issue is - the implementation i.e. How can you better implement/improve the experience of all players while still sending a message.

The suggestions is to do the exact thing they've been doing, and to improve on them ;)

• I hear you. And I keep hearing about improvements. I'm still waiting to see them :)

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

~That's a fine looking high horse~