Why is techs allowed?

⭐ Advent Calendar giveaway ⭐

December! 🎁 Gift time!
Every day from December 1st to December 24th, starting at 10:00 AM (UTC+1), we'll be doing an 8-hour giveaway in Discord! Don't miss ➡️ today's surprise! ⬅️
How can you participate? Join us in the official Travian: Legends Discord server, accept the rules to unlock all the channels, head to the #advent-calendar channel, and seize your chance to win!
  • Hello,

Am i the only one that wants to remove the uses of multis/techs? I really hate they removed the rule about having to play for their own benefit. The game is dying and i think that tech/multi abusers are a big factor. No new players are playing this game. Obviously gold is a factor aswell since most new players probably will not buy gold. But alot of veteran players that i know are quitting because of the tech/multi users. This game isnt about skill or calculations anymore it is about who has the more/better techs. Tell me how it is fair when a player can chief a maxed out village every time after his 3rd village or how they can raid oasis without losing any troops early game which makes them settle second village insanely fast.

I think it would be really easy for travian to just make a global poll where you can vote for or against the uses of techs and if the rule playing for your own benefit should be added back. The reason i think they removed that rule is to "seem" like they have more players playing the game than they actually have. And most players that say the use "techs" are using sites like TOR and VPN to hide their IP adresses anyway. There is a reason why tehy removed the ability to see how many players are on each server before actually being registered to it. Thats probably why they in General tab have total accounts created listen including deleted/banned ones. It is really frustrating to play and getting beaten by a "cheater" by a few hrs on settling because he never had to lose any troops while raiding oasis. I was able to send my settlers 1-2 hrs before BP but its still not enough. Tbh you cant be at the top without abusing techs anymore which is why me and alot more veterans are quitting this game.

I really hope you guys feel the same way and we can remove the abusive tech/multi users and bring back the rule of playing for your own benefit.

• It is not allowed. Sometimes the automated ban can't detect whether the players are tech accounts or not because sometimes tech abuser paid real person to play one account so it'll looks like real account. The main problem is how to detect or how to divide which tech accounts or real support accounts.

Edit: Tech account is allowed. Sorry for weird language.

What I mean is:

Tech account = multi account

Real support = tech account

Sorry, I'm from ID so we used different language.

Post was edited 1 time, last by Absthrax: Edit: Thanks wishmaster3 for clarification ().

• For me and many others there isnt really much of a difference between tech accounts and "real" support villages. At the end of the day the one with most support accounts/techs will outrank those who play honestly. Even if they are worse players. Thats why i talked about this game losing most of what made it fun. Trying to perfect the game and playing optimally. Thats not the case anymore when you can do what you want and still be ahead of others when you have 10 support accounts giving you free maxed out villages and clearing players for you. Aswell as letting only you farm them and making scouts for you so you never have to. There is alot more support accounts can do that ruins the game but these are probably the most common ones

• People with techs:

• Can settle second village before anyone else, regardless of skill/efficiency/gold use.
    • Develop the fastest early game setting them up with the largest hammers/anvils for mid game.
    • Can be settled in the boonies and build 1m WWKs without even raiding anything but friendly techs.
    • The same players proceed to wonder why the game is ‘dying’.

Wasn’t perfect, but with the old 'account must be played to its own benefit' rule it wasn’t any worse than it is now. The tech abusing domains that pushed its removal ruined it for everyone.

• If you have any suggestion how to handle the tech accounts problem, you can always give your idea. They implemented the confederacy system, now they can't freely defense their tech accounts. It does reduce the efficiency of tech accounts but not much.

Everyone who plays this game legitimately like you and I don't like tech accounts abuser, but we have to admit it's a hard to find a solution for it, because obviously the developers don't want to ban players who "might or might not" be using tech accounts. Probably because the developers rely too much on the automated ban system(?) who knows.

• If you have any suggestion how to handle the tech accounts problem, you can always give your idea. They implemented the confederacy system, now they can't freely defense their tech accounts. It does reduce the efficiency of tech accounts but not much.

Everyone who plays this game legitimately like you and I don't like tech accounts abuser, but we have to admit it's a hard to find a solution for it, because obviously the developers don't want to ban players who "might or might not" be using tech accounts. Probably because the developers rely too much on the automated ban system(?) who knows.

By applying an strict policy on anti-push protection things would get much better. Not a solution but an improvement.

RoA x2- Barturen
    Ts19- Barturen

Ts3- KeithRoss
    RoA x3 com - Nairobi

Hispano.ts3 - Homer Simpson

Hispano.ts2 - Mid

Hispano.ts3 - Benicarló
    gxKQG3S.gif

• By applying an strict policy on anti-push protection things would get much better. Not a solution but an improvement.

The problem is there are a lot of tech accounts, a lot so they make alliances full of tech account. So it counts as raiding to enemies. Probably they need to ban IP or email addresses but I don't think that's a good choice.

• Just to clear up what seems to be some confusion (some one saying techs aren't allowed):

Multies are not allowed - i.e. one person playing multiple accounts.

Techs are fully allowed (another person playing the account, but does the same as a multi, i.e. push/garage/gets raided by a main account).

Of course these days, it's easy to change IP adresses to run multies to make them look like techs.

Anyway - basically the domains are divided over whether or not techs should be allowed (and for some domains, even the community of that domain is divided, i.e. here on .com). Domains like .ru, as well as the tournament teams have historically been quick to adopt the tech playstyle, and extensively use it, which have made them clash with other communities when they went to play on for example .com or anglosphere.

As to why techs have been allowed (even though they de facto were on other domains even before the rule change):

• TG wanted uniform rule enforcement. Rule 1.1 as it was, was open to interpretation, and each MH would have to decide what "own benefit" was. As a result, it was not being enforced on some domains at all, while on others, you could get lucky if you reported obvious techs and get them banned.
    • Some domains/players argued that people themselves should decide what they consider benefit of playing an account. Want to build 3 villages and be raided by your team? Want to garage a WWK? Want to produce scouts to be killed by friends for off points? If you think it's for your own benefit, it is, and you have complete freedom to decide what you want to do with your own account - and TG also accepted this premise.
    • Lastly, it can be almost impossible to tell the difference between a bad/inactive account, and a tech account.

Personally, I think both of the first reasons could be disregarded. Just give out some general guidelines to MHs on what is acceptable behaviour, and then let them judge. Could easily be something like "accounts are generally not allowed to give away more than 1/10th of their resources willingly" or w/e. Of course not applying to inactive accounts. Own benefit - TG decides.

For the last reason, I do understand the issue... But it's still fairly simple - account being raided by one team/player, and if it gets incomings from any other team/player, it gets defended? Tech/multi = can be banned.

Anyway, with allowing techs, obviously this creates problems.

First off all, many players, like you, like myself, don't agree with the tech playstyle.

Secondly, multies and techs are functionally indistinguishable. Before, you could get obvious multies banned for not playing for own benefit, even if there was no clear multi evidence. Now, if you have any brain capacity, you can quite easily disguise multies as techs. Also, even if some techs are legitimate, it pushes other teams/players to use techs too - or if they don't have enough friends who wants to create an account just to be raided, they create multies instead (again, it serves the same function).

The tech issue has been a big topic for all the legends on tour events. As said above though, some domains wants their techs, so ambassadors haven't been united to pressure TG into tackling the tech issue.

For this year's event, there's still not unity between the ambassadors, but almost all agree that techs are an issue. The problem is that we need to present a good solution to TG, and tbh, if you have to accept that TG has the above mentioned premises (can't be enforced by rules), it makes it very hard to come up with a solution... But we're trying.

Meanwhile, any suggestions how to solve it are welcome, and do make noise about the issue! If the communities express their dislike, it just makes it easier for the ambassadors to build a case.

• What do u think about applying more restrictions in terms of anti-pushing? At least this would force techs/multies users to have them outside of the alliance so that they cannot be defended as easy as they are right now.

RoA x2- Barturen
    Ts19- Barturen

Ts3- KeithRoss
    RoA x3 com - Nairobi

Hispano.ts2 - Mid

Hispano.ts3 - Benicarló
    gxKQG3S.gif

• Currently, as long as the meta doesn't have 240 players, it's easy to just swap the techs inside the team when needed in order to defend them. On a lot of servers, it's common to have metas less than 240 players strong, so even with confed limit, it's not an issue for tech users. Even if they can't join the main wings, they could just stay together in their own wing, and either all have a little bit of defense, or have a few defensive accounts in the wing to circumvent it.

• Currently, as long as the meta doesn't have 240 players, it's easy to just swap the techs inside the team when needed in order to defend them. On a lot of servers, it's common to have metas less than 240 players strong, so even with confed limit, it's not an issue for tech users. Even if they can't join the main wings, they could just stay together in their own wing, and either all have a little bit of defense, or have a few defensive accounts in the wing to circumvent it.

if by team u mean alliance, that of course should also be more restrictive, confed resources exchanges should also be limited by antipush system. By doing this techs could still be defended by creating an ally and inviting all techs inside. At least this would put a target and would make things much more difficult. I know the difficulty of identifying multiaccounts, but I really think that we all should put effort on something that is going to end up killing the game.

RoA x2- Barturen
    Ts19- Barturen

Ts3- KeithRoss
    RoA x3 com - Nairobi

Hispano.ts2 - Mid

Hispano.ts3 - Benicarló
    gxKQG3S.gif

• if by team u mean alliance, that of course should also be more restrictive, confed resources exchanges should also be limited by antipush system. By doing this techs could still be defended by creating an ally and inviting all techs inside. At least this would put a target and would make things much more difficult. I know the difficulty of identifying multiaccounts, but I really think that we all should put effort on something that is going to end up killing the game.

I agree. They should add antipush system to confederation just like antipush in alliance. Also a cooldown for confederation, you can't send reinforcement before 12 or 24 hours after accepting confederation.

But yes, tech accounts still can make their own confederation with defenders, but I at least they can't fully abuse the system.

• The problem is how blatant cheating is nowadays.

yea yea faster settling second village, clearing oasis... etc. i honestly dont really care about that. and its really hard to differentiate between a techmulti or a support account from a friend in early game. i dont like either, but it is what it is.

what i find despicable is the INSANE amount of farming once midgame starts. Accounts that dont really grow whatsoever and people exclusively raid all the production from those accounts.

Your trying to tell me that 50 Accounts+ with 4446 Capitals, couple of villages, all villages only constructed for production - nothing else, barely any troops, and CLEARLY no desire to expand/have a good account etc. no army building, doesnt have multiple def villages, like... any FOOL can see that this is not an account that is played with the goal to ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME.

And those are being farmen in MASSES.

Constantly. NON STOP. From the same accounts and they farm millions of millions of ressources just of those accounts.

its just soo sad to see that that is legit and allowed... "yea just a couple of friends, they dont really understand the game and yea... you know." ah yea sure okay.

it would be soo easy for travian to ban/delete all of those, anyone whos played atleast 2-3 rounds of travian - properly played - can distinguish between REAL ACCOUNTS and those trash tech farming accounts.

atleast the german community is lucky enough that it is really frowned upon and our national servers are mostly clear of this ridiculous mid/late game farming and BOOSTING...

if they keep this EDITED up, and they actually start to merge servers ( => remember the poll? ) and it will be like this on every server..

i think thats when im really done with the game.

-- Ich hab seit 13 Jahren, 13 Monaten und 13 Tagen --

-- Keine Nacht geschlafen, was mich wach hält ist der Wahnsinn --

:rom08: Nephilim Dreamteam :rom08:

W3 Nephilim - SuF 2019/2020 - Sieg

W1 XOXO - MINA 2020 - WW-Off

W5 Nephilim - SR. 2020/2021

They hate us, cause they ain't us..

Post was edited 1 time, last by Playingwithfire: removed filter evasion ().

• The main problem for having tech accounts is lack of players on the servers.

Increasing the number of Natar villigaes by making them able to settle in new fields and decrease the number of trained troops on them will help normal players to even more raiding and overcome those with tech accounts.

• Guys, this is a strategic game. Why would you want to tell the truth in a game where you build your steps logically?! It is quite clear from what has been written above, it is up to everyone to decide for themselves what it means to them for their own benefit. From now on, let’s try not to determine what is a scam or not. I have friends, whom we used to play with for years, and then they retired since they didn’t have time to play. Now they are given a chance to play and even be useful.

The problem is rather with the bot accounts, which are quite plentiful on the servers, and that’s what’s strikingly annoying. It’s also irritating when someone abuses the opportunity and has 1,000 tech accounts that they can’t take full advantage of anyway, only to further increase the anger of other players.

Tech accounts have a place in the game, that’s clear. Most servers have very few players and the server duration is also limited. Anyone active, experienced, and even spends money on the game - will want more than starting 6,000 farm lists every 10 minutes but with zero profit & producing a small army because 70 days was only enough for that. I don’t understand why it bothers a smaller, inexperienced player that someone who has been playing for 10 years wants more?! Why would anyone use “friendly farming”... (rhetorical)

* It does not change anything in the gameplay. There has been fraud so far, and it would be still there if they were deprived of the right to use tech accounts. We didn’t win our last server because external users were registered by the opponent and all 13 of the construction plans were stolen from those users (since they have a fixed location). It was just as fair as we feel it is.

Tech accounts do NOT determine the output of the server. Despite the plethora of plus accounts, the better strategy will win the server. 9 out of 10 cases justify this - so I think "why was tech accounts enabled" is an unnecessary question. Travian Games made the game equal, I think that’s what happened.

ƓƠLƉ Ƈŏ. ȚŏțǻɭŴǻȓ

„Engem nem érdekel a sulitok, a nevem rég tananyag!”

• I don’t understand why it bothers a smaller, inexperienced player that someone who has been playing for 10 years wants more?!

Maybe if you imagine for a second that it is not small inexperienced players who are bothered you will understand.

• Maybe if you imagine for a second that it is not small inexperienced players who are bothered you will understand.

Maybe because it also includes players who just go relaxing on the servers....

ƓƠLƉ Ƈŏ. ȚŏțǻɭŴǻȓ

„Engem nem érdekel a sulitok, a nevem rég tananyag!”

• Tech accounts do NOT determine the output of the server. Despite the plethora of plus accounts, the better strategy will win the server. 9 out of 10 cases justify this - so I think "why was tech accounts enabled" is an unnecessary question. Travian Games made the game equal, I think that’s what happened.

Ofc they offset the balance of the game, are you kidding me? :D

1. They boost hammers earlygame, midgame and lategame, and give an advantage over def players any day.
    2. They increase amounts of natar in arti villages, forcing regular players to loose way more units and even fail on arties with a fair made hammer.
    3. They increase str. for ww hits. (not that this has that much of an impact, since low lvl hits on ww wins the game)

9/10 the tech team would win.

Do you like to play against tech with out tech?

• People with techs:

• Can settle second village before anyone else, regardless of skill/efficiency/gold use.
    • Develop the fastest early game setting them up with the largest hammers/anvils for mid game.
    • Can be settled in the boonies and build 1m WWKs without even raiding anything but friendly techs.
    • The same players proceed to wonder why the game is ‘dying’.

Wasn’t perfect, but with the old 'account must be played to its own benefit' rule it wasn’t any worse than it is now. The tech abusing domains that pushed its removal ruined it for everyone.

Not always true I won numerous times and played fairly even settled top 5 first with no tech or being a multi

"Do not mess with the Best; You will die like the Rest"

• Not always true I won numerous times and played fairly even settled top 5 first with no tech or being a multi

Didn’t say this was always the case, especially with older servers where techs ‘weren’t allowed’. Being able to settle as one of the first isn’t the issue, it’s that the tech user can send settlers on day 4 without even a glad helm. Why spend all that silver when you can just use techs and beat anyone to a cropper, regardless of true ability.