๐Ÿ“œ History Quiz

• I am going to say that it was the Battle of the Allia. There are lots of sketchy details around the actual battle, such as the reasons why and the amount of men that were present at the battle. One thing historians do agree on is that the Romans were soundly beaten by the Gauls here. Most of the Roman survivors of the battle fled to the Etruscan city of Veii (which is now called Isola Farnese), thinking that and a few ran back to Rome to tell of their defeat. Afterwards, the Gauls went on to sack Rome.
    It should be pointed out that this was in the early days of the Roman empire, long before they gained the kind of power we learn about in school.

Everybody wants to rule the world, but very few of us have the stomach to run nations with an iron fist... I could be that Dictator..

• Damnit, I did it again! I don't know why I keep entering these things and forgetting to put any of my details in! You really should make it so that people can edit their posts if they're stupid and forgetful like me!
    Ign: Luminya
    https://ts1.travian.com/
    Answer:

I am going to say that it was the Battle of the Allia. There are lots of sketchy details around the actual battle, such as the reasons why and the amount of men that were present at the battle. One thing historians do agree on is that the Romans were soundly beaten by the Gauls here. Most of the Roman survivors of the battle fled to the Etruscan city of Veii (which is now called Isola Farnese), thinking that and a few ran back to Rome to tell of their defeat. Afterwards, the Gauls went on to sack Rome.

It should be pointed out that this was in the early days of the Roman empire, long before they gained the kind of power we learn about in school.

Everybody wants to rule the world, but very few of us have the stomach to run nations with an iron fist... I could be that Dictator..

• 1. Battle of the Allia or battle of the Allia River.

2. The romans fled to the city of Veii; a smaller part of the routed army fled back to Rome.

This is a very nice quiz, I love history! :)

• 1. Which battle between the Romans and Gauls is described here? Battle of Allia

2.To which two cities did the Roman troops flee after the battle? Most of the Roman survivors took refuge in-- Veii a stronghold and the rest fled back to Rome to the Citadel which was the strongest defense in the city

• La batalla que se describe es la batalla de Alias en la que los galos vencen y saquean a Roma.
    Cuando los galos vencen, algunos de los sobrevivientes vuelven a la ciudad de Roma y pueden alertar de lo sucedido y otros se refugian en Veyes.