This whole wave builder ability sux

⭐ Advent Calendar giveaway ⭐

December! 🎁 Gift time!
Every day from December 1st to December 24th, starting at 10:00 AM (UTC+1), we'll be doing an 8-hour giveaway in Discord! Don't miss ➡️ today's surprise! ⬅️
How can you participate? Join us in the official Travian: Legends Discord server, accept the rules to unlock all the channels, head to the #advent-calendar channel, and seize your chance to win!
  • I've been playing Travian fairly regular since the 3.0 days (about 15-17 years). Some evolution is warranted since Travian Games is trying to make money. But this wave builder ability ruins the game. We now have noobies building waves to attack when they hardly know how to play the game. It just rains chaos on anyone around them and makes the game untenable. IMHO.

• We do want to attract new players. But giving a new player the ability to spend money for wave builder is like giving a new player a "nuclear bomb". No longer is there any negotiating needed. Just blast that weaker player into oblivion. Having to work with others has always been one of the strengths of this game. Wave builder means that is now obsolete.

• it only does 4 waves at a time. And the strong dominating the weak around them is kind of the point of this game is it not? Be it individuals or groups. The wave builder only does 4 waves at a time and even then to the best of my understanding that doesn't guarantee they will all land at the same time so sniping (with the skills and experience needed for that) is still possible. I actually think it harms newer players more than helps because if they just count on the wave builder they will never be able to get those multiple nice solid waves of cats that can be done with practice (and good internet) that are very hard or impossible to snipe.

Newer players are also more easily baited into attacking a target that your alliance has already planned to defend, pr at the very least your alliance can do a defence call and support you against the 4 waves, so I don't see how it is harming the social aspect either.

I wish I had a copy of an old thread from the old Travian forums called: Diary of a M.O.R.O.N written by Marmotman. Best. Travian. Story. Ever.

• now adays people play travian via mobile devices

And the old fashion 4 / 8 / 12 / 16... cata waves are not possible with out PC.

So i agree that new players can do more damage by sending 4 same second attack but that doesnt have a HUGE impact on early game ( just couple buildings go down ) while it definitly helps you during mid game plans ( many same second waves on multiple targets, capitals , hammer villages ).

• It use to be, if a player sent a 6-8 cata wave same second, it was a sign that the player knew what he was doing and was a worthy opponent. Now, any Yahoo can send 4 cata waves same second. How do I know they are yahoos? Because they leave that one second break in the waves. No experienced player would do that. You recall any waves that don't land the same second as the clear. The game is getting dumbed down for the sake of profit. This isn't a criticism of TravianGames, after all, that is their goal, to make money. It is a criticism of the game dynamics. And, in the long term, the game dynamics is what draws new players to the game. And it is the draw of new players that determine if a game lives, or dies.

• It use to be, if a player sent a 6-8 cata wave same second, it was a sign that the player knew what he was doing and was a worthy opponent. Now, any Yahoo can send 4 cata waves same second. How do I know they are yahoos? Because they leave that one second break in the waves. No experienced player would do that. You recall any waves that don't land the same second as the clear.

every one can send same second attack even without this feature, there are tons of guides and videos on internet and even in the froum here about how to send same second attacks, its not a big deal!

• every one can send same second attack even without this feature, there are tons of guides and videos on internet and even in the froum here about how to send same second attacks, its not a big deal!

I'll get off my soapbox about this, but it is a big deal. Guides and videos are great, but to pull a multi-wave attack takes practice and knowing what you are doing. Noobies can just pay some gold and launch. It just isn't the same game as a couple of years ago. Just sayin'.