Send bounced settlers home

🔥 Travian: Shadow Empires 🔥 Open Beta Starts soon!
Check out the new version of the Annual Special before anybody else by registering to the Open Beta Gameworld.

You will be able to register in

➡️ here ⬅️
  • Suggestion to have settlers return home if they bounce.

Seems kinda pointless continuing an account who's settlers bounced 3 hours into an 11 hour trip. Sadly they lost the cropper but maybe give them a break and not keep their settlers walking for another 19 hours (8 hours left + 11 hours home) just for them launch and do it all over again?

It might actually be faster to create a new account or start on a different server at that point.

Suggestions:
    Make the return time the current total time traveling.

(it's that's not "balanced" they could lose the 750 each res on way back so u have to pay it to launch again)

or
    When settlers reach destination that is occupied by another player the settlers return home 2x speed

(again could "abandon" the resources if it's not "balanced")

or

Give players option to terminate (kill) the settlers so they can build new ones from scratch...

or

[TG option] Give players option to pay 50gold to return settlers home immediately or at 2x speed idk lol:wall:

Anyone have any other suggestions or do we think the current way is fine?

why suggest this? prevents people from just deleting and going to another server if they have bad luck settling.

• Looks like someone got bounced. Heres an idea: If you're bouncing 3 hours into an 11 hour journey, git gud or just go for a lesser cropper.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them...

maybe you can hire The SPIKE-Team:

*The only type of payment we accept is salt, terms and conditions apply**

**SPIKE-Team reserves the right to dissolve and disperse from a server at any given time, a refusal to uphold the buyers terms of service will result in an immediate enactment of such or similar procedures. We can not be held responsible for any emotional grief caused.

• i landed my cropper super early so i'm good.

If you're not gonna actually contribute to the thread then go away.

I did say something serious. Looks like the guy that got bounced by 8 hours either sent to the other side of the quad (increasing walk time), or sent super duper late. There is supposed to be a punishment for that, deal with it.

**SPIKE-Team reserves the right to dissolve and disperse from a server at any given time, a refusal to uphold the buyers terms of service will result in an immediate enactment of such or similar procedures. We can not be held responsible for any emotional grief caused.

• I did say something serious. Looks like the guy that got bounced by 8 hours either sent to the other side of the quad (increasing walk time), or sent super duper late. There is supposed to be a punishment for that, deal with it.

You either don’t play competitive servers or you have never had the ‘minerals’ to go for one of the better croppers.

You could be the first person on the server to send settlers and still bounce. It’s impossible to know who has sent where and and what time. The punishment is still lost time and a inferior 2nd settler attempt?

I bounced last finals round on a x2 server and it set me back 2 days. Seeing people bounce on normal speed servers can be even worse.

I like the idea of being able to abandon the settlers at any time. Even before they reach the target. You would lose your 3 settlers and the res they carry, that’s a very sizeable setback early game.

Maybe the option to pay the Natars to assassinate them on their path?

• Legit bounces are indeed annoying, but bounces like Chubb was describing are avoidable. A little bit of thinking solves those. And yes, you could indeed be the first person to send settlers and still bounce, thats why you weigh registration time against the possibility of being close to grey oases. You weigh the advantages/disadvantages of settling late compared to settling early, and even then theres plenty of luck involved. Of course those bounces are sad, and chubbs ideas werent neccesarily bad. Just the premise he started with is totally wrong, thats what I was trying to say to him.

I haven't ever bounced, cant remember a server where I didn't get a 125 or 150 in the last 2 years.

TLDR; Yes, bouncing mechanics could be improved, but Chubb is salty about a quite obviously avoidable bounce.

• as someone who's had a 36 hour bounce in the past i really feel your pain. it really can be a game changer if they do bounce, days setback at the start really can be a big deal

• should have to pay for the privalage of recalling,

something like 1500, 1500, 1500, 1500

retrain the settlers, other ones are deleted, (maybe at half speed or something)

something like that,

So its a toss up , still a decsison between spending a lot of res, retraining the settlers cheaper,

or waiting it out for them to bounce and just getting on with things.

Thats what I think

• Should have to be proportional to the amount of time those settlers are walking then, because in a 36 hour walk, you obviously have moore than enough res to pay that, isnt really a punishment. But a good suggestion.

• I would go with a recall button which causes loss of the resources sent with the settlers, 2 settlers to be put on the sending village and the 3rd one put in the build queue of the sending village at the normal build speed, so you lose 3k resources and around 3 hours time but do not potentially spend a day or days if you sent them on a long walk to a destination which you get beaten too. I guess it could be a gold function too.

tg_TL-DQ4_970x250_181126.jpg