Why bots are forbidden?

⭐ Advent Calendar giveaway ⭐

December! 🎁 Gift time!
Every day from December 1st to December 24th, starting at 10:00 AM (UTC+1), we'll be doing an 8-hour giveaway in Discord! Don't miss ➡️ today's surprise! ⬅️
How can you participate? Join us in the official Travian: Legends Discord server, accept the rules to unlock all the channels, head to the #advent-calendar channel, and seize your chance to win!
  • The question is simple: why bots are forbidden?

I play Travian since 2007 and I never used bots. Hiowever, I stopped playing this game about 5 years ago, because this game requires a lot of time and time is something that I (and most of people) don't have nowdays. And also my sleep has become very precious. In 2007 I was 14 years old.

I know several ex-players in the same situation: people like this game but hates the idea of spending the time necessary to be a competitive player. So why don't Travian Games think of a solution for that? Because people can no longer spend like 4 or 5 or more hours a day on something like this.

Sometimes I think about play Travian again but using bots, but I don't do it because I know it is wrong. However, as a customer I believe Travian Game is wrong too, in its way to deal with this question.

Play Travian weel should be total MANAGEMENT and not how long you spend online time on an account. I've seen people share an account between 7 players, wich is absolutely withim the rules and what is the difference between this and a bot? I mean, the account will be online almost 24/7. It is unfair to players who play this alone by itself. And banning sharing accounts is not a viable solution, it is not an issue. What solution does Travian have for us? I can declare the TIME required by the game and the NO SOLUTION for it was the factor that has led Travian to decay in recent years.

Maybe bot is not a solution too. But what kind of solutions does Travian have?

• Having a 7 dual account is not like having a bot. Thats 6 accounts youre missing out on, and: Humans arent perfect! (minor detail)

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them...

maybe you can hire The SPIKE-Team:

*The only type of payment we accept is salt, terms and conditions apply**

**SPIKE-Team reserves the right to dissolve and disperse from a server at any given time, a refusal to uphold the buyers terms of service will result in an immediate enactment of such or similar procedures. We can not be held responsible for any emotional grief caused.

• Having a 7 dual account is not like having a bot. Thats 6 accounts youre missing out on, and: Humans arent perfect! (minor detail)

Yeah I know, but you didn't get the point. My point isn't equate N dual account to bot usage.

My point is: even if you are a excelent Travian MANAGER you can't be a competitive player (I mean, have just a regular good/enjoyable account) if you have only 1 or 2 hours per day to play, if you want to go to the beach in sundays and don't play Travian, if you need to wake up 6 am everyday and still have a full 8 hours sleep. I mean, if you are a regular person with a lot of others priorities like college, full time work, family, etc. That is the problem.

But if you join a group of 5 players (medium or even low skills) and keep your account online almost 24/7 (or even less) you will be a handsome competitive player account. Is this an issue? NO.

However, what kind of solutions do we have? I have about 30 friends (all my Travian's friends) who quit Travian because of TIME (not money) spent in the last 5~7 years. The solution that I know exists for now is bot, but if bot is not a option, what kind of options do we have???

• Theres this awesome function called: Sitter. One player on an account, having 1 or 2 sitters can already compete with a 7dualled account, depending on the dedication.

But you do realise that you're measuring in a different measure of ''good/competitive". You're arguing that a solo account cant compete with higher dual counts. I am arguing that it doesnt matter. Thats 6 accounts (and thus 6 capitals and a boatload of villages) the alliance is missing out on. So large dualled accounts ''profit" as in, they can complete their vanity project of having massive hammers, or tonnes of def. But it might not be the best for the alliance.

But please dont cry that you cant be one of the top accounts, because you dont have the time. Just tune it down a little and become a good teamplayer for the ally, but perhaps not as good account-wise as the top dogs.

**SPIKE-Team reserves the right to dissolve and disperse from a server at any given time, a refusal to uphold the buyers terms of service will result in an immediate enactment of such or similar procedures. We can not be held responsible for any emotional grief caused.

• Theres this awesome function called: Sitter. One player on an account, having 1 or 2 sitters can already compete with a 7dualled account, depending on the dedication.

But you do realise that you're measuring in a different measure of ''good/competitive". You're arguing that a solo account cant compete with higher dual counts. I am arguing that it doesnt matter. Thats 6 accounts (and thus 6 capitals and a boatload of villages) the alliance is missing out on. So large dualled accounts ''profit" as in, they can complete their vanity project of having massive hammers, or tonnes of def. But it might not be the best for the alliance.

But please dont cry that you cant be one of the top accounts, because you dont have the time. Just tune it down a little and become a good teamplayer for the ally, but perhaps not as good account-wise as the top dogs.

Sorry, but Travian has fallen because Travian has done what you are doing here: not listening. Ignoring the change in the behavior of its users.

And again and again, the point isn't about N dual accounts. And I am not crying about be one of the top accounts (and I was one of the top accounts in my time in my country) bc this time has gone, I don't understand why you have to try to hit me in any way.

People have less time to spend in a single online game like Travian with each passing day. When I say competitive account I mean it is just a good/enjoyable account, usefull for the ally. And yes, you can't if you want to play this game but not more than 1 or 2 hours per day ant not more than 4 or 5 days a week, or maybe less. Instead, for some people it becomes a commitment (or duty/obligation, I am not sure about the english word, but not enjoyable) and not a leisure. And more: in this case most of allys just quit players like these.

And yes, sitters helps but they are not a full solution. A good and steady sitter for most of regular players (different of top players) is not a reality.

I hope TG in T5 take the TIME conecpt in account.

• Like in almost every game, the amount of time you're able to spend on the game increases the level of play you're capable of.

I think it's perfectly fine to say: either you will have to work with other players (duals/sitters) to get more online time, or you will just have to accept that the account won't be as good as it could be.

It's perfectly possible to run a very decent account, just logging in a total of 2 hours per day, so you're grossly overexaggerating when you say it's impossible to even play the game with such a time commitment. Which brings up another point: if you're a good and knowledgeable player, you can decrease the time intensity of an account. If you waste a lot of time, then sure, 2 hours per day won't make a great account. But if you run it just somewhat well, 2 hours is perfectly fine for a decent account.

• You can build a good alliance account with 1 or 2 hours of play per day. If you don't want to work 7 days a week on your account, get a dual for the weekend, easy fix. Or, late game, accounts can nearly be automated (except for checking for incomings). Ive built top accounts where on the last few weeks on the server, all I had to do is log in occasionally to check for incomings, the rest was traderoutes.

Sitters not being a feasible solution is bollocks, you just havent found the right sitters. Ive done servers where the sitter watches and plays my account for 10 hours a day, and I do the same for him. Its not that hard to do. Get better sitters, theyre out there ;).

So no they wont take time concept into account because its not an issue. If you dont have the time, you wont 'win', simple as. Same goes for any other game. You can complain about not being in the top 10% of league of legends players when you only play 2 hours a day. But as you might imagine, stuff doesn't work like that. It is not unfair, suck it up.

• another issue with allowing bot usage is that it will increase amount of multi/tech accounts in servers.

even though based on what you are saying if bots are allowed , 7 dual no longer needed on an account and they can build 6 tech instead. this will help them to have a top account, you cant compete with them any way.

• We have to see :

- If you just have 1/2h per day to spend at , choose for a normal server.

- If you have more time to spend, go to Speed Servers.

Sitters exist for some reasons and they are undervalued . You can trade Silver to switch for Gold and go with Master Build..

I know that are minors soluctions but...

Cheers

00PTX-FL/OF/SCL/DD-HT/TOP:rom09:1PTX- S.H.O.T:rom09:/2PTX- BM:rom09:/3PTX- S.H.O.T:rom09:/4PTX- IND:gau09:/5PTX- S&R:rom09:/TsX- S&R:rom09:/2TsX- OE:rom09:/ 3TsX- Trinity:gau09:

TX3- TOP:rom09: / BDSM³:gau09:

TS1 - BTT:gau09:

TS20.Codex - Magic:egy09:

TSE.Europe - Voodoo :teu09:

• Sure it costs me a lot of gold compared to what could be done if I were more active, but I can still stay competitive with just that one hour playtime a day. And I don’t really use sitters.

What. 1hr per day on speed server and still be competitive. And I wanted to join the next speed round. It should not be worth it then?

• What. 1hr per day on speed server and still be competitive. And I wanted to join the next speed round. It should not be worth it then?

Don't compare yourself to Lem. That dude is crazy. He can do it because he is Lemon. Others are not him. 😂

Jokes aside, what he said is true. You don't need much time if you allocate your time properly. When he says he needs only 1 hours a day he doesn't mean 1 hour straight. That one hour is split into different sections that cover 24 hours. You just need to have a good game plan to execute it. And of course, deep pockets.

Dead. Everyone's dead.

As4 - Apocalypse

• But still, even if split, 1hr is still very very low.

Like I said, it's not low if you plan your account development properly. One of the major factors as to why this 1hr is enough in most cases is that experienced players like Lem join one of the best alliances in the server. That in itself is a huge deterrent for potential attackers. If some guy tries to push his luck, your alliance will (should) come to your rescue.

Sure you won't be able to raid like a a madman with just 1hr a day but in the grand scheme of things that is not needed. You can make a very respectable hammer or anvil without raiding. The final goal of this game is to make sure your alliance wins. Someone like Lem who has a rich history of being a travian veteran with hundreds, if not thousands of medals, will most likely be jaded.

Like medals and ribbons don't matter anymore when your enemies start quaking in their boots when they learn you are on a certain account even if that account doesn't look as developed or void of medals/ribbons.

Sorry. Got off on a tangent there.

TL;DR

1 hour per day is more than enough to maintain a respectable account that actually contributes to endgame.

Dead. Everyone's dead.

As4 - Apocalypse

• if bots are allowed, travian team will get less money because no one will buy other gold features than +25%resos.

if bots are allowed, all(or some) pro-player, skillful player, gold player, hardworking player, etc will go against it, because it will make this game less fun (for them), etc...

well actually there are lots of bots-like feature in the game now compared to the past. but you need gold/money...

• 1 hour game play? Hmm... I agree but I can't help but to have my doubts.

Maybe, if I can see an 24 hour routine with 1 hour of playing travian between those times (splitted or as a whole), that would be fine. Cheers!

MDS Sub Wing (EVE) Emissary / TOFU / ReV

• I would not get a bot from anywhere.....

Slow commuter etc :P common sense.

But should travian have one for a capital or something on say fields for 20 gold (or something) _ Each tile. My idea being Lighter on the pocket not to NPC every day X10.

And it would still benefit Trav (id hope) and maybe Get other people to keep playing etc.

:rom10: New On Forum

10 years of game play.....all in one day ;):hero2:

• 1 hour game play? Hmm... I agree but I can't help but to have my doubts.

Maybe, if I can see an 24 hour routine with 1 hour of playing travian between those times (splitted or as a whole), that would be fine. Cheers!

He instagolds everything. Just sets timers to npc, all in all not that much screentime.