About being an alliance leader

• Hello everybody,

I'm not very experienced player but I like to manage something and see how things get advanced. Especially I have real much free time for next 2-3 months. I want to learn managing an alliance or things like that.

I have never finished a server completely. My record is life-duration is for artifacts, not further. I played many servers but mostly I quitted them because of personal reason.

Would you suggest someone like me to manage or lead an alliance? Is learning to lead or manage an alliance based on personal experiences like trying and failing by doing it or starting by being an alliance member and having a role on an alliance?

What do you think? What should I know to lead and alliance?

Thanks!

Note: I also trust on my communication, I like to communicate with people and talk about things. I can think critically and can solve problems by looking at them different aspects. I can't say word "NO!" easily but you know...

Fear who fears nothing!

• You just need to have experience and get 2 good players to coordinate defensed and attacks. Thats it. Or if you're good elaborating offensive round, then you can be one of those 2 people.

I think you first need to finish a sever and then try to be the leader of an alliance. Even small alliances need a lot of management :asd:

Yeah, unfortunately it seems like the logical part of my brain says the same thing as you said. But my emotional part is trying to behave like a mad dictator :X

Go Soldiers go!!! We may not have ammo or enough equipment but I order you to die! -This words spoken in the second week of the game. (Hope It's not gonna be true..)

Anyways, I think I'll play as a member of an alliance but I would like to have a role in the alliance, at least a sitter coordinator or something like that.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Fear who fears nothing!

Post was edited 1 time, last by Sove ().

• my suggestion is don't ruin your teammates game from being an alliance leader.

Yeah, I think I'm not gonna do ruin people's game. I wouldn't appreciate it if someone else would do that.

What should I do to have enough experience to be a leader? What should I experience?

Fear who fears nothing!

• Yeah, unfortunately it seems like the logical part of my brain says the same thing as you said. But my emotional part is trying to behave like a mad dictator :X

There are some really good Guides and Tutorials can help you if you are so eager to be in leadership.

Gettertools Guide: How to set it up [From Beginner to Advanced]

Advanced guide to Offense Planning (OC GUIDE)

GetterTools Guide #2: Using Editor Functionality for Off Planning

Even though as Killua Zaoldyeck_CL said before you should first finish a sever and then try to be the leader of an alliance

Post was edited 2 times, last by Sove ().

• Oh, man! That's all what I was looking for exactly! Thank you so much for posting these guides. Hope they will help me in the future.

I'm not gonna make a suicide by trying to create an alliance without any experience, but as you said, I will follow your suggestion. I'll do my best as a leader after I finish a server completely.

Thanks again!

Fear who fears nothing!

• If ever that I will be under your command, you can trust that I'll follow your orders. Keep it up Shadow_Fiend! :p

MDS Sub Wing (EVE) Emissary / TOFU / ReV

• If ever that I will be under your command, you can trust that I'll follow your orders. Keep it up Shadow_Fiend! :p

Oh, maaan! :D You got me from here *shows my heart*

I don't think I'm gonna create an alliance, I can't be able to manage things :D

Fear who fears nothing!

• Alright as 12 years of travian and way to many servers I would say that manage an alliance is not easy. The communication is more than often bad or people is trying to hard and failing cause of it.

Just make sure that you have 2-3 more that handle the alliance. It needs allot of work to get it going. Gettertool is never working in the long run. If you get it up 30-40 % is active in there.

if you get a mediocre alliance you is more than likely going to lose the better players in the later game and your alliance will probably lack and lose members.

As alliance leader you can never ever delete or stop playing. You will make 59 other people really mad

-:An veteran in the travian community:-

• Alright as 12 years of travian and way to many servers I would say that manage an alliance is not easy. The communication is more than often bad or people is trying to hard and failing cause of it.

Just make sure that you have 2-3 more that handle the alliance. It needs allot of work to get it going. Gettertool is never working in the long run. If you get it up 30-40 % is active in there.

if you get a mediocre alliance you is more than likely going to lose the better players in the later game and your alliance will probably lack and lose members.

As alliance leader you can never ever delete or stop playing. You will make 59 other people really mad

I agree with you. Wish I could do that. But It doesn't seem to be possible.

Fear who fears nothing!

• Shadow_Fiend as someone already mentioned, you can't be an alliance leader without ever finishing an alliance. Start multiple servers at once, join alliances there, see which one is the most active and has the best communication. Once you find one, stick there and learn from them.

Discord, GetterTools, Alliance Def Tools - learn about those. These are important tools for alliance. If you plan to make an alliance, make sure not to go easy on people. Make Discord and GetterTools mandatory (idk about other alliance, but the one i am in has 100% participation in Discord / GT).

With good communication it is not hard to dominate server, even if players aren't battle hardened travian maniacs, but some casual noobs.

Another important thing - alliance can't be run by a single player. Find people you can trust, best would be people from opposing timezones so that leadership can have 24/7 coverage. Another personal example - my current alliance has about 10 people in leadership. If any problem arise, they can instantly answer to it.

On another note, leadership needs a lot of commitment. Most of the time you might find yourself chatting more than actually playing, so getting a dual to take care of account might be a good idea.

Not sure what else to advise, but if you have any questions - feel free to ask.

Biggest Noob of them all

• 1. It can be rewarding... or exceptionally taxing, draining and disheartening.

2. Playing multiple servers with a core gorup of people will always making "running" an alliance so so so much easier.

3. Activity, Communication, and understanding.

- You need to be around, you should have a dual that you trust and have played with previously, so the Leader account is somewhat of an example to others - the number of times the "Leader" account ends up being a middling, low off, low def account astounds me. If you can't do at least somewhat well, why are you the leader?

- Mass Messages to the team regularly, but NOT frequently. Like every 2 or 3 days, update on current conflicts, plans for the server, congratulations for great offences/defences/conquers etc, tips, information, Getter tools registrations etc. (and for the love of god, use decent syntax, spelling and grammar, it will go a long way.

- Understanding comes from playing international based servers. In your home land, it will primarily be home players, however, usually a few others. If you play a .com server, then be prepared for cultural misunderstandings - ie: German and Balkan players are usually (usually!) very direct with what point they want to get across, some Aussie (me!) and US players, tend to expect a bit more politeness, flowery language etc. It isn;t being rude, it is just a cultural difference that sometimes can be a challenge, but after a few years, it adds spice, and it rewarding having people all over the globe to chat with about game, and other things. :)

4. If you recruit primarily IN GAME, you WILL get spies, and a lack of dedication. UNLESS, you filter the cr.ap out - ie: Recruit same Quad or close, check experience, make sure they are communicative, use Getter tools to ensure their troops are growing, have activity and sitters etc.

5. I personally judge alliance a LOT based on player movement. If they have a load of deletions only 6 or 7 weeks in, then they are not showing themselves as a team to stick with, and are recruiting willy nilly.

6. Surround yourself with other good players. Ask for a resume... What are their getter records, what is their usual play style?

7. If you are planning on running a team - have a clear direction. Part of a Meta? founding a Meta? (ew), PLaying for World Wonder race? PLays for S and Gigs? Just for kills? Quad domination?

8. Finish some servers first. I can never myself dedicate to a 12 months server, so I only play speed. 3-4 months and it is done. If I have work or personal obligations, then I must gauge that. We all play via PC, Laptop, Tablet and Phone now (Trust me, doing that pre-2010 was nigh on impossible!)

9. Don't let slackers languish in your alliance. If they are farms, don't communicate, won;t defend, won;t be part of alliance activity, kick them out. No one shuold EVER go red (Unless special circumstances where they have talked to you about eg: family emergency - in which case, by all rights, should have got a sitter arrangedfor them who can watch and play for 2 weeks before being kicked off...). Yellow for a day on snail, meh, so be it. Yellow on speed server? Nope. Bye Felicia.

10. If doing any in server recruiting - carrying on from point 4 - you will get spies. Now most spies are just having a bit of fun, maybe dropepd in wrong quad, got entered into your alliance and thought lets check it out. Your GOAL now, is to impress them so much, that they don't really want to turn on you, as they can see, experience they are in a better place... Hard ask I know, but stranger things happen ;)

For now, myself, I'm not leading and my god, it is soooooo good. I get to just play and have fun, and don't need to settle squabbles.

1. If you farm fast enough and frequently enough, no one can "steal" your farms

2. If you clear it on speed, it is yours for 12 hours, 24 on snail - Keep reports or I don;t believe you

3. Archive ALL decent attack in game. If they are juicy Load into Getter tool's if you want. Makes for good battle stories later on. (SEriously, I have over 500 battle reports spanning my last 12 servers, goo reference if you want to see what Unique Trainer defence was on comx a few years ago etc.)

4. 15c cap, 9c cap, 7c cap, 6c cap, 15c non cap, 9c non cap, first in best dressed - Order of oasis claims when there is a conflict. Unless same type, then it is first come first server. Or switching when/if army dies

5. If playing multi hammer game - Capital hammer is fine

6. If not planning on making more than 320-340k hammer, cap hamemr is fine. Can't be conquered, and will dodge. If you want to build a serious WWK/WWR, then yes, non Cap with GB/GS is needed.

7. I personally think chiefing natars make you soft as. Unless directly ADJACENT to your cap/hammer

8. Giving up your spawn and moving to the boonies is a fair option. I personally love people doing that, gives me lovely targets. However I like to protect all my vils and aim to lose as few as possible.

9. If you give more than 3 people a role title you look like a knob.

10. If you give a role title of "offence coordinator" or similar to someone with no kills. Then that is like a green light for me to attack... Again, the old lead by example thing ;)

Anyway. Much more, but give it a go, but definitely plan for the whole server and try to get a few experienced people on side, and listen to them.

• 1. Good english,and eloquent MMs go a long way.

2. For gods sake don't spam MMs.

3. Make a distinct hierarchy 'off players' 'def players' 'off generals' 'def generals' etc etc people need to know their place.

4. Be firm,but not too tough on Players.

5. Don't trust new players,even some of your buddies from previous servers can turn on you in a higher stakes server,be prepared for that.

6. Grab a knife and carve all emotions out of yourself (it's a figurative knife don't kill yourself) 'Please let me join,i'll grooww pleaaaase' NO!

7. You set the rules and you should be the first one to follow them,if you don't accept under 100 pop players,YOU DON'T!

8. Don't talk to the enemy unless they show respect,if they don't show respect silence is always the best answer.

9. Don't get provoked by some pimpled nerd 1000km away ,don't be liable.

10. Attacks on your players shouldn't be allowed,in most cases best course of action is to talk to teh leadership of that alliance from where that player is,if they're dumb, retaliate,just to show who rules 100x100. of course don't go to a full blown war just because 1 dude attacked one of your players,just... retaliate.

11. i just realised i don't have time for this,you can't teach a fish to fly so much as you can't teach a guy to be a leader you're either born with that or you're not.

ACTA NON VERBA

Post was edited 1 time, last by Jyubantai ().

tg_TL-DQ4_970x250_181126.jpg