Tablets of Law to work on oasis

• Hello, sorry if the suggestion has already been made before.

I suggest the tablets of law work on your own oasis, sending your hero over to the oasis (might have to made a feature for that part as you can't re-home a hero into an oasis and for good reason haha) then activating the tablets just as we do with villages.

Maybe even make the oasis loyalty max 125% just like villages too? To help stop sneaky oasis stealing

Your thoughts please :item14::item14::item14:

• I think it would be a neat counter mechanic. If I recall correctly the only way to stop oasis steals right now is defending it?

Former Anglosphere Ambassador 2019-2020

• Another function to spend gold isn't bad, but this makes stealing an oasis from someone who has enough money almost impossible. Unless there will be a limit on tablets used I rather don't see this happen.

"Over iets nadenken zonder het per definitie waar hoeft te zijn is een vorm van ontwikkeling."

• Another function to spend gold isn't bad, but this makes stealing an oasis from someone who has enough money almost impossible. Unless there will be a limit on tablets used I rather don't see this happen.

A very good point there.

I do agree with you on that too, now I also wonder if tablets of law should be daily capped usage per village too. As technically you could defend a village by just purchasing tablets (if the attacker didn't have enough chiefs to take it in one swift go)

• I do agree with you on that too, now I also wonder if tablets of law should be daily capped usage per village too. As technically you could defend a village by just purchasing tablets (if the attacker didn't have enough chiefs to take it in one swift go)

I think that is a doable suggestion. BlackBlade  ThomasGB is this possible to cap tablets? I know there are pros and cons to this idea.

• Of course it's possible to have a cap, you already have it on things such as buckets and artworks, but that doesn't bring as much money as it not being capped at all.

Take a look at ointments as a good example. If one would be able to use/buy only 100 per day the heavy spenders wouldn't have such an early advantage and game would be slightly more balanced...

...but that's not so interesting from a financial perspective. :)

Post was edited 1 time, last by Great Slayer ().

• Of course it's possible to have a cap, you already have it on things such as buckets and artworks, but that doesn't bring as much money as it not being capped at all.

Take a look at ointments as a good example. If one would be able to use/buy only 100 per day the heavy spenders wouldn't have such an early advantage and game would be slightly more balanced...

...but that's not so interesting from a financial perspective. :)

I am not sure how you could call tablets of law profitable for them. People stock up ages before the first chief is built on the server. Some of you guys always write responses as if "Big Travian" is responsible for multis, global warming and everything in between.

This is still a business for them, and to keep it running they definitely need ways to monetize it. Tablets of law aren't one of those "massive" cash grab items though, or at least the market doesn't say so on all the servers I've played. And the only similarity b/w oints and tablets is that they're stack-able, not a great comparison imo.

Praxis (Anglo3), Whiplash (US1, IN3), Ifrit (US1), White Panda (IN-something) and a dozen others that I don't remember.

• Just to let you know, I'm keeping an eye on this thread.

If you managed to find a compromise between you regarding this, it would be ideal!

• If you're wanting to prevent a "sneaky" oasis steal you're better off putting some defence in the oasis as standing for key villages. I assuming the word sneaky relates to players landing a village, coining a HM lvl 10 and stealing cap oasises before you've noticed, whilst they hope you've demolished your HM already for extra storage. Any other form of oasis steal really isn't sneaky, if there is a village close enough to steal an oasis and not in your alliance, you should be looking to either defend the oasis, or attack them so they cannot steal it when you're not around, same as you would your villages. Allowing tabbing of oasises just leads away from the war aspect of the game, instead of losing troops to defend/attack we're just using tablets to keep our oasises.

Personally I dislike tabs, it takes away from the skill of having to defend, cut chiefs etc, when you can just stop them with some magic tabs, but as for limiting tabs, I don't think this is a massive issue, and also is a learning curve for the people attempting to chief. If they cannot time chiefs correctly, or have enough to take the village in one go, perhaps they should be settling more first, or go to chief an inactive/natar/offline account. Again there is skill in watching an account for a couple of days before chiefing to work out offline times etc so you can pick the right time to chief for you, so there are ways around people tabbing.

• I am not sure how you could call tablets of law profitable for them. People stock up ages before the first chief is built on the server. Some of you guys always write responses as if "Big Travian" is responsible for multis, global warming and everything in between.

This is still a business for them, and to keep it running they definitely need ways to monetize it. Tablets of law aren't one of those "massive" cash grab items though, or at least the market doesn't say so on all the servers I've played. And the only similarity b/w oints and tablets is that they're stack-able, not a great comparison imo.

I have made a suggestion of another usability of tablets of law here CP production accordingly with village's loyalty

• I have made a suggestion of another usability of tablets of law here CP production accordingly with village's loyalty

That makes it even more p2w and probably a bit too wild from the usual use of the tablets.

After reading some of the other responses, I feel the tablets and oasis are fine as they are right now.

Praxis (Anglo3), Whiplash (US1, IN3), Ifrit (US1), White Panda (IN-something) and a dozen others that I don't remember.

• That makes it even more p2w and probably a bit too wild from the usual use of the tablets.

After reading some of the other responses, I feel the tablets and oasis are fine as they are right now.

with no counterbalances I agree that it will make the game more pay-to-win, I didn't think on that yet. The idea is to give another use, that's why it's a suggestion, so we can think together

• I agree with this conversation and I am grateful for people pointing out the other side's and parts to the suggestion.

I was aiming at another tactic to the game, and yes maybe that tactic isn't skill based eg. sniping waves but in fact could be money based (or luck from hero adventures). I understand a lot of people do want to cut down on that style of purchase gameplay and keep it skill based.

I see it that way too yes but I also see it as adding another tool to the tactical belt, choosing maybe I can't get defence to a village in time, maybe I can hold on to it for another hour/day till the defence arrives etc. However I too enjoy the raw gameplay of the game more than input from items that can be purchased for money, but also yes I do believe the Travian team deserves money as once again I stress I really enjoy the game :love:

But yes I want to really thank the input from everyone on this one. I'm not sure we came to a conclusive answer on what to do :D Sorry for that ThomasGB

• why not? If u have 3rd oasis it will be taken on one go anyway... if u have 2nd oasis u can that oasis rechief from different village and get there back 100% loyalty so why not use tablets as well? :O If you are offline u will "sneak steal" anyway :D

• I completely disagree. There is easy way to stop "sneaky oase steals" already in the game. Just destroy all your neighbours like any proper player:/

What do resources and women have in common?

You can never have enough;)

• I completely disagree. There is easy way to stop "sneaky oase steals" already in the game. Just destroy all your neighbours like any proper player:/

And if you playing defence and you alliance hasn't decided to attack the player yet for you, you might want to hold on to your unwalled oasis a little longer without bloodshed the tablets could do that! Or a mix of defence and tabs

• And if you playing defence and you alliance hasn't decided to attack the player yet for you, you might want to hold on to your unwalled oasis a little longer without bloodshed the tablets could do that! Or a mix of defence and tabs

I said proper player. No proper player has ever played def only:rolleyes:

What do resources and women have in common?

You can never have enough;)