Travian: Shadow Empires - discussions

⭐ Advent Calendar giveaway ⭐

December! 🎁 Gift time!
Every day from December 1st to December 24th, starting at 10:00 AM (UTC+1), we'll be doing an 8-hour giveaway in Discord! Don't miss ➡️ today's surprise! ⬅️
How can you participate? Join us in the official Travian: Legends Discord server, accept the rules to unlock all the channels, head to the #advent-calendar channel, and seize your chance to win!
  • Questions, discuss, speculations etc. can be posted in this thread. Read more here about the upcoming Annual Special, the Shadow Empires. Link to feature preview here.

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

Post was edited 3 times, last by Ridder Huma ().

• So if someone is the same faction as me? Can I farm them? There seems to be a bit of a cross over with the new tech information unveiled?

Is this a distinct premade server only? A regional version of finals for example?

My best server <3

unknown.png

"Those villages from Erik Groenvold" "Those villages were just resting in my account before I moved them on"

unknown.png

• It is good thing that unique arts were moved out. No sure why balancing stopped there. It is kinda silly that one faction has boots from the start and another has 2 trainers in starting locations.

• Did I get it right - you may be in the same alliance but different factions? Or alliances can only be formed within faction?

Edited: Never mind, can't be from different faction. So if we are premade group we must spawn same location.

• It is good thing that unique arts were moved out. No sure why balancing stopped there. It is kinda silly that one faction has boots from the start and another has 2 trainers in starting locations.

I think its important to note that although you may start in a boots region, you will still be competing with other alliances within your faction to use Boots

you may be unlucky and have another premade alliance start same faction as you, and you will both equally want it.

Or you find that there is a "noob" alliance who will only want boots, and continue to expand/settle there throughout server until they get it, similar to how a lot expand in Aquelia/Medio around their spawn

& ofc, if you kill these other alliances so that you can have boots, you're creating enemies within your own faction - and later on you'll want these numbers/alliances to expand into other regions so that as a collective you gain VP for your faction.

I think thats an interesting concept/dynamic, dont you?

OFC, once you have 1 of each "core" artefact, or the artefacts you want, you no longer need to have majority in any other region, and can simply concentrate on boosting other alliances within your faction, or going on the full on attack in enemies regions to deny them vp/artefacts - since it would go against your faction for you to have 2 small boots for example, you might as well let another alliance within your faction have the other boots, since as a collective you'd both gain the VP anyway.

Smart Idiots

RR - ROGUE RUNNERS

.COM Birthday Servers
    Also known as: poxtops, Lady Killer, Basher, NoName, Odin
    Previous alliances: Exile, TM, Fools, Heathens

• I almost got excited until I saw the artifact powers don't go to the faction. 10 member rogue alliances would've been a fun wrench in premade alliance plans. I wish that would be reconsidered.

• Will there be a beta server coming up before the real one?

There are so many things that can go wrong with implementing a whole new game mechanic (the factions) that they had better do a beta or else I expect a whole host of problems to ensue.

• There are so many things that can go wrong with implementing a whole new game mechanic (the factions) that they had better do a beta or else I expect a whole host of problems to ensue.

Yeah, what if 80% of the players decide to land up in one faction? will people be allowed to change factions mid-game?

• I think thats an interesting concept/dynamic, dont you?

No, I don't.

I guess we heard everything by now at least for beta as it was announced. I have played all annual special servers except the first one and I want to continue even though I say, as many of us, "this is my last one" every year :) The reason I always come back to special servers is I want something different and I don't like playing for zergs. Please prove me wrong, I really, honestly want to be proven wrong but here is how I see it:

"Something different" is fulfilled. Playing without zerg - not so much. I don't even want to touch teches subject.

On the previous versions, if you had a wing or a friendly alliance, you had to be careful about their population in the regions you held. Much less now, just need to make sure they are smaller than you, but 50% you are getting together.

In theory I can come up with gazillion exciting scenarios, in reality I played travian long enough to know that most likely scenario is to zerg a faction and there is no way to fight it. Even if your faction will not zerg there will be another one that will and guess who wins? Assuming more or less equal skills, if there is no equal skills on the opposite side what is the point anyway?

Regardless of the scenario, I feel that leadership work will increase several folds either on diplomacy front or to run a zerg

I still have a couple questions which, I thought, would be answered before server starts but now I am not sure.

How confederacy system fits in all this? Can we confed with any alliance in any faction (with current limitations) and defend other factions if we want? Can we defend own faction or only those of them who we allied?

Will map be 800 everywhere or local servers will be 400? Will there be local servers or it will be similar to 10x and summer special - all on com?

How exactly alliance contribution to the win will be calculated? Who contributes most - an alliance that fighting all round and only hold the power of a few regions so it can stay lean or good fancy simming crowd that is sent to majority of the regions with no battle value? What are the criteria?

No advanced start is disappointment, just want to mention it.

Post was edited 4 times, last by ELE ().

• I wish it was possible to talk "zerg" without talking "tech" but it is essentially impossible with the way things are constructed now. My only hope is that the new pushing and defending limits will force the tech accounts into "formal" status instead of "informal" status (essentially forcing all of the actively managed techs to join their Master's confederacy... permanently).

Here's hoping that the new rules actually work!

• ELE

If I had to guess I am assuming alliance victors would go something like this:

Faction "whoever" has Won! Among this faction the top 5 alliances are:

Top pop, top off/def points, top VP producer - If I had to guess.

As for Zergs,

They can easily work against you.

Would you want an alliance holding a regions for you that lack a confusion or the activity/coordination to defend?

An alliance could mass chief a region from an "average" alliance that lacks confusion while faking your alliance or something, and so, theyd be giving away villages/regions.

Equally, i think youre gonna have a hard time trying to convince alliances that they shouldn't have artefact powers while you have them, and so, will be some in-faction fighting early/mid game probably.

Smart Idiots

RR - ROGUE RUNNERS

.COM Birthday Servers
    Also known as: poxtops, Lady Killer, Basher, NoName, Odin
    Previous alliances: Exile, TM, Fools, Heathens

• Would you want an alliance holding a regions for you that lack a confusion or the activity/coordination to defend?

That is why I said leadership work will increase several folds. I don't have enough free time to sign up for this.

Oh and I forgot DRAMA. My crystal ball shows a lot of drama......

Good thing you find it interesting. I hope many people do, it is just me :)

• So just started the beta and discussed it with some old ally members. This game mode will be won by a meta. Or even worse, players with multi / proxy / VPN accounts. More is better here right? How will Travian solve this?

Even if you have a good ally, the numbers will beat you were in previous servers the best ally won. I hope for a good answer from the developers in this matter.