Travian: Shadow Empires - discussions

• The spawning mechanic does not work as we expected, the spiral is limited to the first starting region till the region is full. Is this as intended?

Post was edited 1 time, last by ELE ().

• The spawning mechanic does not work as we expected, the spiral is limited to the first starting region till the region is full. Is this as intended?

Agreed...

The differences of size between starting region really made differences in VP

• Does it make sense to attack your own fraction?

If you want to win, there is peace everywhere.

In my starting region there are only members of my fraction.. So simcity till seattling?

• Does it make sense to attack your own fraction?

If you want to win, there is peace everywhere.

In my starting region there are only members of my fraction.. So simcity till seattling?

If you don't compete within your own faction, you're going to miss out on a lot of Artifact Powers because they will go to someone else's 60-account team.

• that's not the point..
    So.. on a regular world it really make sense to get the artifact powers or an artifact, because your oppenents don't get the power..

But you're weakening your own fraction then..
    So if you don't have it, your "ally" has it..

In the beginning, new players of a specific faction will start in the same region. Once it’s filled, newer players will start appearing in another region nearby, and so on. It doesn’t depend on quarters or distance from the map center anymore.

From the answers and confirmed by support. I am wondering if developers understand how big of a difference does it creates between factions, to the point there only two, maybe three worth considering as a starting location for any ambitious alliance. I would really really like to hear reasoning for limiting spawning to the first region till it full. "Hey guys! We want to give you room for more starting strategies! Actually no, we don't. Three is the charm."

• From the answers and confirmed by support. I am wondering if developers understand how big of a difference does it creates between factions, to the point there only two, maybe three worth considering as a starting location for any ambitious alliance. I would really really like to hear reasoning for limiting spawning to the first region till it full. "Hey guys! We want to give you room for more starting strategies! Actually no, we don't. Three is the charm."

While Horde alliance have Syhtica (which is very large), the empire have the Italy region. It will create such a tremendous gap in terms of VP. For first 7 days, the empire can hold 3 or more regions while horde had only 1 region. It is basically the same with the other faction.

Not to mention, the world of Travian is kinda unfair for certain faction. While the some faction have relatively safe spawn position (far from other faction) the other faction got surrounded by the enemy with such a short distance.

• I dont really understand the problem here, there are advantages and disadvantages to both.

& We're used to certain quads having strong early game VP but weak mid/late game due to bad artefact powers.

-

For example, Horde/Marauder/Rebels have a lot more croppers & space to expand from, including neighbouring regions which will be opened too, and are closer to each other for farming/chiefing/conquering regions etc.

You think an extra +100vp/day for the first week or two equates to much when late game the top 2 factions will likely have 2500+ VP/day each?

Compared to the availability of good croppers, distance to enemy, better artefact powers etc?

Also, with the way spawning works * shape of regions/map, some players in Empire/Dynasty are literally surrounded by Ocean and have 1/8th of the farms/oasis near them compared to players in other factions who are literally surrounded by players/oasis.

Smart Idiots

RR - ROGUE RUNNERS

.COM Birthday Servers
    Also known as: poxtops, Lady Killer, Basher, NoName, Odin
    Previous alliances: Exile, TM, Fools, Heathens

• https://prnt.sc/twpn22

202 actually, was 204 a few minutes ago, per day. which is not possible.

255 now XD Seems they still have some bugs...

I'm more worried about this thing:

Here is said that server will win 1 ALLIANCE who have most VP in Faction with most VP - but we do not see that clearly in server statistic...

We see 1 FACTION on the throne, not alliance... For alliance we do not see one global VP list where we could compare with others and check the standings. We need to click on faction to see top 10 alliances there but that are only alliances from that faction. We can not see even how much VP/day alliance produce...

If to that you add this to that:

Furthermore, the faction's alliances that are in top 5 of the region also receive victory points, based on their contribution in population.

then I'm afraid people will be more focused just to be part of winning faction and then to win server will more be important quantity then quality.

Yes, i believe with current display of VP rankings majority of players will be satisfied to be no.5 in winning faction, or no.10, no.999... And in end we could see more then half of accounts on server to be part of just 1 faction.

• What's the point of faction if there's victory point cooldown time after alliance in the same faction overtook each other in population?

For example in horde there's 2 alliance with almost same population and just now the 2nd overtook 1st in pop. The result is horde doesn't get any vp for 1 day straight even though it is from same faction.

• I am absolutely agreed with this one.

Quality all that matters in this game. It's a common secret that people tend to have one or more account in travian, and in shadow empire with its current system indirectly encourage people to build a large quantity of account.

We will se the biggest META/Union in the travian history. I predicted the losing faction will just go join the winning faction since player do not have any attachment on their spawn facton. This is actually blow up all the faction system thing.

• What are the odds that TG developers will learn to do addition and multiplication before September?

And don't tell us that this is beta testing. I work in software development. Beta isn't an excuse for dumping untested code on to a live server.

tg_TL-DQ4_970x250_181126.jpg