Travian: Shadow Empires - discussions

• Winning by faction, yes.

But mainly - winning by alliance points in this winning faction, which is way harder. To achieve that players at times will have to sacrifice for example some powers that give nice bonus to the alliance to the region that gives most points, make strategic decisions whether they should go let's say for Carthago (Unique boots - 20 points) or Hibernia (200 points) early in the game to be top-lead.

Prefer the hibernia :/

• Winning by faction, yes.

But mainly - winning by alliance points in this winning faction, which is way harder. To achieve that players at times will have to sacrifice for example some powers that give nice bonus to the alliance to the region that gives most points, make strategic decisions whether they should go let's say for Carthago (Unique boots - 20 points) or Hibernia (200 points) early in the game to be top-lead.

LoL, you just don't get it what is wrong there...

Seems nobody care much about the game, discussion here is going too slow (because we have nobody here to talk with) and i doubt some basic things as VP leadeboard will be fixed on time (we do not see how much VP/day alliances have for example). I do not plan to waste 180 days on playing half-ready version of this game, like i waste this last days on playing beta server where nobody is interested to listen our player's opinions...

• This is incomplete data  ThomasGB we need more information.

The way I read that... only 1,500 accounts are permitted on the 801x801 map (five factions, 300 accounts per faction) so we need to know what happens if some team out there spawns 400 Tech Accounts / Multis that "fill up" a 300 account faction in the first 15 minutes after server start and 1,500 account limit is met (with 1,000+ tech accounts / multis that will get banned a few days later).

QUESTION: What happens to accounts who attempt to spawn after the 1,500 account limit has been met on the large map (or the 500 account limit on small world)? Where do I spawn after all of the allocated locations are consumed?

This is not a hypothetical question. This WILL happen... especially on the smaller 401x401 maps!

• I think it was meant 300 spawns per region before next one begins populating.

In that case the concept of a spawn region doesn't work anymore I think. Unless there's indeed a limiting number of accounts on the server. 300 per faction on small map? surely not?

• Why?

The question is what happens after the 3 "spawn regions" have hit limit.

1. If no more accounts can be created, that's really weird and doesn't make business sense for TG.

2. If new accounts go to a 4th region, the designated spawn region is nothing special except being the starting location of the faction. It's also not clear what are the 4th regions.

• I think it was meant 300 spawns per region before next one begins populating.

TG has screwed up enough stuff in the last few years that I am unwilling to make an assumption about what they "meant to say" as opposed to "what they really said" in these announcements.

This is a vast under-communication about the mid-stream changes happening between the Beta and the full start. Very easy potential for either game-breaking consequences or completely invalidating alliance strategies that were developed based on the observations made during the Beta.

Travian, at its core, is a real estate game masquerading as a war game and these details cannot be left to the mind of assumptions.

Need clarity from ThomasGB or anyone else on the Staff.

• I think (might be wrong) the 3 regions are what is available for settling for everyone from the start, regardless of population, and to demonstrate faction starting center, nothing else. I would be shocked if servers are limited to 1500 accounts.

Phalanx sure. Clarification is needed.

• It's bad though for the new region system if we use that option.

When all of the region are filled with players, there will be no point in coordinating the players anymore.

The expansion into another region will be meaningless.

And also, the multis that spawned on the beta server are insane.

It's a glitch in this new region server, especially for everyone who are playing in the small region as their spawn point.

Please do consider to resize the spawn point of each faction.

• I didn't play the Beta and haven't been able to find out if the map is pre-seeded with Natar villages. Since we have to cooperate with our faction, raiding Natars and oases may be the only early-game raiding options that make strategic sense. I'd love some insights from Beta players or the Travian team on the density, population and military strength of the starting Natar villages both in the spawn region and the uncontrolled regions.

• I didn't play the Beta and haven't been able to find out if the map is pre-seeded with Natar villages. Since we have to cooperate with our faction, raiding Natars and oases may be the only early-game raiding options that make strategic sense. I'd love some insights from Beta players or the Travian team on the density, population and military strength of the starting Natar villages both in the spawn region and the uncontrolled regions.

The regions were not pre-seeded with Natar.

You will have to raid others in your Faction. There will be lots of fighting within-faction in the early game (to eliminate the weak).

• Hello,

Is it possible to change faction in the game ?

Yes, but not is posible to change faction of the account, but if you entry in alliance of other faction, while you are inside in these alliance, your work, your pop, your towns, your % ... All to be in these new alliance, and faction of these alliance.

• Yes, but not is posible to change faction of the account, but if you entry in alliance of other faction, while you are inside in these alliance, your work, your pop, your towns, your % ... All to be in these new alliance, and faction of these alliance.

Thank you! I wish you a good game :)

• is the registration closed?

Hi Griffin,

All registrations on the Shadow Empires gameworlds were closed on Wednesday, 7th October at 10:30 UTC+2 - so yesterday. This was informed in all Shadow Empire gameworld threads under server announcements.

• Hello,

I was wondering why it's allowed for players to have 2 accounts and then to "gift" from the secondary account villages to the first one?

It gives an unearthly advantage to the player(s), and doesn't reward skill at all, but promotes cheating. Yes, I cannot phrase this in any other way but cheating.

This has happened on our server multiple times, has been reported, and seems to be perfectly legal.

Why is that? And how is this considered fair?

Also, how should we play against it?

Regards,

Shadpwness

• Hello,

Having more than one account per player in a game world is not permitted and is certainly punishable. In case you encounter suspicious accounts, you can report them through their in-game profile. However, if the rule enforcement team cannot find signs of breaking the rules on the reported account(s), no action can be taken. Evidence outside the game (Discord messages, for instance) is not accepted due to risk of manipulation.

Regards

Kadonnut

• I think he is talking about teching or support accounts in other words, which is apparently the name of the game in Shadow Legends. It is not necessary the same person registering multiple accounts, its just that a person has one or two friends of thiers register with the sole purpose of developing a 500+ pop village for them to chief later. It is done so blatantly, people don't even try to hide it. It is usually a Hun/Teuton player receiving a fully developed Egyptian cropper, or an Egyptian receiving a fully developed Hun/Teuton village to build the hammer. The accounts usually settle their second village right next to each other, and they are even in the same alliance. For the duration of the chiefing the donor leaves the alliance and after fulfilling its purpose the account is deleted. Usually with warehouses demolished in the spawn to prevent farming.

On the server I'm playing (EU 1x) there is an account, who just a week ago was an average 2 village account somewhere around the 1000th rank. In just one week, they received two 500+ villages and now its the 11th ranking account on the server. It received the villages from other accounts in the same alliance who left the alliance for the duration of the chiefing. One of the donor accounts that I've been watching was moved to another ally together with another member of the original alliance to provide protection to the donor account. They clearly wanted the operation to go smoothly. After the donor's village was chiefed the protector went back to the original alliance and the donor account was deleted. I mean they might as well have put in their profile: "Support account - village transfer in progress".

If all feels like you need to start with 2 friends rolling a support account for you if you even want to have a chance.