Travian: Shadow Empires - discussions

• Hello,

I'm referring to what also Belisarius wrote.

Just because the IP address of two players is different means nothing nowadays, since everybody has access to VPNs, so I'm guessing most of these tech accounts are actually legit multi-ing, but using virtual machines and/or VPNs to avoid getting caught, if they're even doing it. Or yeah, maybe indeed a friend of theirs is playing that account so that later on their acquaintance can have their village, but still, this shouldn't be allowed, especially if they're from the same alliance, and magically they just quit few days before they're losing their village(s).

What I don't understand why is this allowed, it's clear as day and yet no action is taken?

Shouldn't fair play be promoted instead of this?

• Tech accounts are indeed a hot topic within both playerbase and the developers. There used to be a rule about accounts needing to be played for their own benefit but it got removed due to difficulties in determining account's own benefit in different scenarios.

In early July, developers and ambassadors held a workshop, which is summarized here. As the summary suggests, new in-game rules and surveillance tools will be implemented to tackle the private farms.

However, these upcoming implementations will not be effective for village sharing, the action you are referring to. This issue might be discussed in future ambassador workshops when these initial changes to private farms have been done. Currently, giving away villages to your alliance member is not denied by any existing rule. In some cases, it is also a viable tactic within alliance to get rid of poorly located starters to benefit a surrounding account, for instance; this makes the issue more difficult to handle from developers' point of view.

• Tech accounts are indeed a hot topic within both playerbase and the developers. There used to be a rule about accounts needing to be played for their own benefit but it got removed due to difficulties in determining account's own benefit in different scenarios.

In early July, developers and ambassadors held a workshop, which is summarized here. As the summary suggests, new in-game rules and surveillance tools will be implemented to tackle the private farms.

However, these upcoming implementations will not be effective for village sharing, the action you are referring to. This issue might be discussed in future ambassador workshops when these initial changes to private farms have been done. Currently, giving away villages to your alliance member is not denied by any existing rule. In some cases, it is also a viable tactic within alliance to get rid of poorly located starters to benefit a surrounding account, for instance; this makes the issue more difficult to handle from developers' point of view.

Thank you for your reply, I'm a bit glad that it's just not mine/our concern :)

Hopefully it'll get better and better in the future.

• When implanted on roa servers, the option of having different races in the game has become much more common. As mentioned before, having an Egyptian captain gives you a big advantage.

And it is legal to give up villages, as one may play on one account and then another person on another. Eventually the two people work on the same account and one yields the village to the other.

They may lose activity at first by being one person on each account, but then when they join they will be much stronger.

I think they have already improved a lot in these matters, another thing is when people use vpn etc...

• How do you register on Shadow Empires? More specifically Europe SE 3x. The only option I get is logging on, no option for actually registering an account. When I open the server drop down menu I can only choose between Nordics, and when i set mode/language to International I can still only choose the logging on option. Thankful for help.

• Shadow Empire Europe 3x server has already ended. In addition to that, registration for all Shadow Empire servers has been closed for months. So it is not possible to register to any Shadow Empire gameworlds.

• The gameplay, that I see, or the reward of perseverance

I was Lifetree, leader of the clan JAVA, member of the faction Dynasty. My plan was a defender of the faction, using by ancient power of region Thebes.

At start, I write to all Dynasty’s clans, who want to occupie Thebes. clan LOCKER send an invitation to the clan, I accept it. And start a discussion for a hole confederation of the faction, but it fall: because of, among other things, leader of the LOCKER do not want it, And the LOCKER’s member do not move to Thebes. So I left the clan, and a pair weeks, I play alone. After I get an invitation to the JAVA (that dominate the Thebes), and the founder lift me to the clan leader.

Meanwhile, the factions begin the expansion by the new players. It seems: the Empire, and the Dynasty get flying start, the Marauders and Horde start with applied handbrake. But faction Horde can organized himself.

After a month, the faction Dynasty get a flat tire: the most powered clan of the faction delete, and the Empire occupie the last opened Dynasty’s region, far away from territory of Emprie.

And the show go on. Faction Empire can grow him benefit, Rebels can overgrow Dynasty, and Horde also close to Dynasty. But, before it can happen, the Horde melts to the Empire. React to it, I suggest: the hole faction melting to the Rebels. But this is drowned in general unconcern, instead of faction Rebels. But the faction Dynasty finally organizes himself to a confederation, and go ahead against Empire. Maybe Marauders, and Rebels also. I search weakly regions of Empire and Rebels, but I find more in Empire. (Occupeing regions from Marauders do not get enough VP.) Faction Empire can not stay this siege.

In december, most of faction Marauders smelt to the Dynasty, with the old Horde’s clans from Empire. If Rebels, and Empire smelt to each other, this form maybe equal with new faction Dynasty, but there is a question: who smelt to the other? Rebels has more VP/day, Empire has more VP. After a week, the Rebels smelts to the Empire, but the diplomatist of Dynasty do not wait it idle: succesfull seduces clans from Rebels and Empire too. And it is enough to victory of Dynasty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this server, don not lots of heavily great players, and ( this is more important) do not full the map with players. So the medium players can grow and expansion, and there was place to battle for regions by factions.

• well that was a waste of time!

keep factions to your kingdoms it absolutely ruins legends

the skill required to be good at this game is becoming less and less

a war game that is becoming more 'sims' than war