Inability to reinforce players outside the alliance or confederation takes a great deal of the complexity out of the game.

• It use to be that one could be outside an alliance but still support that alliance. One could play "both sides" so to speak -- Talk a good game to Alliance A, while secretly supporting Alliance B. That is no longer part of the game because of the inability to throw support to a player outside one's own alliance or confederacy. So sad it came to this. :(

• The most prominent complaint that lead to this was people spiking inactive accounts (i.e. defending the raids sent on other unaffiliated inactives). Another concern being that it was easy to have private farms/multies to raid (without alliance pushing restrictions), and then reinforce them from the alliance when they were attacked/raided by other players.

For supporting players in other teams with defense as a spy... You wouldn't be able to do that anymore anyway, since reinforcing troops are rewarded with the defense points now - so would give you away if your points go up (unless you're sure you'd stay out of top 10). Besides, the biggest impact a spy can have is with information, not sending his defense to the alliance he actually plays for, so I don't see how it impedes spying too much, like you imply that it does.

• well if it comes to spike inactive players they could easy be made like you can not send deff to a player that been inactive more than say 5 days,

I just see that in the end-game for a tournament server for example there could be 10 WW right, well the rest of us that do not go for a ww but still

confed with aa ww holder we just sit back and hope for the best

Please correct me if i'm wrong in this one,

-:An veteran in the travian community:-

• I have always spiked on the inactive villages, there were those top players that says they could detect the spikers,

hahahaha, guess they were just bluffing after all.

• I have always spiked on the inactive villages, there were those top players that says they could detect the spikers,

It seems like you have not played travian for more than a year.

It is actually very easy to detect spikers. send troops to spiked village, screenshot def points, then find which player got extra def points after your troops have landed.

• It seems like you have not played travian for more than a year.

It is actually very easy to detect spikers. send troops to spiked village, screenshot def points, then find which player got extra def points after your troops have landed.

this is for sure the way to do it, takes time to do it but yes its smart.

-:An veteran in the travian community:-

I was actually very, very good at detecting spikers in the early game. After about week 3 it becomes more difficult.

Just look at the server statistics. In the first 15 days of the server, anyone whose Hero XP was VASTLY higher than their Attack Points was either:

A) A spiker
    B) Buying a huge number of scrolls in the auctionhouse

C) Spiking without Hero (which is pretty much nonsense in the first two weeks of the server).

From there, it's easy to detect who is buying scrolls versus who is spiking (auction winners are public knowledge... if you look in the right places at the right times).

But, with the Condeferacy Restriction, I don't even have to look anymore. I am a fan of the anti-spiking system.

• Yes, it is sad that the blatant abuse of multies has led to dumbing the game down.

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

~That's a fine looking high horse~

• They didn't do it to counter multies. :D they did it to stop you from trolling.

It's not trolling hurr durr durr, me no like game without spiking hurr durr durr.

For it is he that they fear, not man or his armies. They fear the mark of the beast.

Retired since 2020 until further notice.

tg_TL-DQ4_970x250_181126.jpg