Feature set preview! - Questions

• Here you can post your questions you have from the preview. Read more about it here. If you want to discuss, please go to this thread here.

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

• You need to work on balancing the starting regions. Sometimes I think who comes up with this sort of stuff :/

Gonna suggest you do a rollback and start over lads.

My best server <3

unknown.png

"Those villages from Erik Groenvold" "Those villages were just resting in my account before I moved them on"

unknown.png

Post was edited 1 time, last by Carbon ().

• Each faction should have access to the same early small arties to balance it out ... i like that most of the unique arties have changed locations and the big vp region ...

i get that this is in part designed to work against premade alliances, but trying to understand how factions affect alliances, knowing if 2 alliances in the same faction are automatically confeds, ... so many questions that need clarification.

I like it mostly so far, but the information is so vague that no one will know what they are doing. Even returning players are likely scratching their heads trying to figure out what is going on. Some discussion about the idea behind factions would help give insight a to how to play this server.

If veteran regional players are scratching their heads, new players will be even more lost.

s6r2 - Vaultboy ……………………….. currently us20 Beerus
    s19 - Plague Fyre ……………………... us3 Shere Khan
    s20 - C3sar ...............……. uk3 Tantric Ritual
    s1r11 - Asmoti
    s19 - Tequila

• So there is a noob alliance in a faction. Rather have them farmed and cataed as they do more harm than good in the factions region. Can a faction farm and cata people or other alliance from the same faction ?

• There will be more information released in the next few days. CMs are not allowed to say more before all is out and regular folks do not have information.

• In the map picture in the preview post it says that you get same amount of VP/d from small arte areas, and VP areas?
    For me it seems like arte areas have marked by production of 2x server, and VP areas by production of 1x server.
    Hopefully it's just accidently marked wrong, otherwise VP areas will lose their advantage when compared to arte areas :/

Fix16 - Grändi // Fix17 - Grändi // Fix18 - Uneksija // Fix21 - Eevil Stöö // Fix22 - Eevil Stöö //

NordicX1 - Tyhjäpää @Whiskey // NordicX2 - Slowbro @Kanto // NordicX3 - Astraali @KuRa //

NordicPtP2x - Toteemi @Susi // NordicCV - Attila @Gods // NordicCV2x - BoJack Horseman @FTN //
    EuropeSE - Knee Grow @Darkness//

• So, all alliances within the faction would contribute in getting control of the region, but the ancient powers are granted to the faction's largest alliance in that region.

Then as mentioned in the post, the top-5 alliances within a region are important, so let's take a example of 5-alliances of the same faction with their respective controlling percentages within a region:
    Alliance-1: 8%
    Alliance-2: 9%
    Alliance-3: 10%
    Alliance-4: 11%

Alliance-5: 12%

Though there is not more difference between Alliances 3, 4 & 5, but Alliance-5 will get the Ancient Power.

Query: And will there be ancient power activation delay, and how will it play out if percentage wise Alliance-4 takes over Alliance-5 .

Query: Finally, as Factions will control the region, that means alliances within a faction can't fight each other but would compete with each other in controlling the regions and yet still can't fight them off from the region.

• It cant be that faction members cant fight each other, would be really messed up.

It would mean early game you spawn around all faction members and you cant farm anyone.

Also random/hardly active people will join a faction and now these useless people are part of your faction ?

I think you can attack faction members, have inter-faction politics and fights with same faction alliances.

• Will there be new buildings implented? Months ago there was a contest asking to give each tribe one extra special building. Or is that idea canceled?

"Over iets nadenken zonder het per definitie waar hoeft te zijn is een vorm van ontwikkeling."

• The whole system of VP points distribution is flawed on this beta shadow server

1. Factions are supposed to earn the VP once a region is conquered but it seems that they are not getting the full VP of the region but just in the proportion of the factional pop of the biggest alliance of the region belonging to the faction. https://gyazo.com/cb40f7c4085fbc3c1341abf94721f768 The empire faction for example in this one has control of regions worth 160VP but only getting 100*0.36+60*0.58=71VP not sure if this is what the developers intended but its very counterproductive to capture the region only to share its VP with inactives etc not to mention it will unnecessarily mandate clearing out the new players from the region before they even have a chance to learn the game..

2. The discrepancy is magnified whe we look at the VP accumulated by an alliance https://gyazo.com/56ed5724ceffc77c6289fef6e4338e31 how the alliance ally manage to earn 3600VP in 2 days by having control of a single 100VP region for just 2 days at most.

3. Then there is the major policy issue of Faction victory versus Alliance Victory. In the current system players are not bound to the faction they spawned with. Any player can join any faction alliance and it automatically belongs to that faction. So suppose an alliance or a group of alliance work really well the whole server and gained lots of VP. All anyone else needs to do to beat them is gather big pop players into an alliance of the same faction and become the biggest or a big alliance of that faction and share the victory for free. So, either it has to be alliance Victory or you can stay with only the faction you are spawned with. The latter will have lots of issues with players starting fresh and will give immese advantage to premade alliances

I am not sure how the TG intended for this server to be played but in the current format its not even predictably winnable by any alliance

• Points 1 and 2 are most likely bugs. #3 is a game breaking design flaw that must be addressed.