• Attack

If you have Level 20 Barracks
    You can build 2688 Clubswingers in a day
    You can build 1728 Axemen in a day

Clubswingers Attack = 40
    Axemen Attack = 60

Clubswinger Attack x How many Clubswingers you can build a day = 107,520
    Axemen Attack x How many Axeman you can build a day = 103,680

So far, we have found it, if you build Axemen 24/7 for 24 hours, you can produce 3840 less attack points, but if you build Clubswingers non stop for 24 hours you produce 3840 less attack

Cost

In Total Clubswingers cost 95 Wood | 75 Clay | 40 Iron | 40 Wheat
    In Total Axemen cost 130 Wood | 120 Clay | 170 Iron |70 Wheat

To Build Clubswingers for a day non-stop it would cost
    255,360 Wood | 201,600 Clay | 107,520 Iron | 107,520 Wheat

To Build Axemen for a day non-stop it would cost
    224,640 Wood | 207,360 Clay | 293,760 Iron | 120,960 Wheat

So far, I have proved you can build more Clubswingers, get more attack points than axe and it will still be cheaper, most people usually use Axemen for their Hammer, I am going to prove Clubswingers are better for a hammer

[B]

Carrying Capacity

2688 Clubs x 60 = 161280 bounty
    1728 Axe x 50 = 86400 Bounty

Clubs also come out on top in terms of raiding capacity, allowing them to gather more resources and pay for their upkeep more efficiently than Axes. This means it is easier to run a GB/GS and to rebuild lost troops when building Clubs, due to the lower cost and increased raiding capacity.

• Absolutely agree! But keep in mind

1- Wheat considerations in relation to numbers you can hold (where axes provide best value)
    2- If on bad day your hammer is met by Cavalary charge then its all over for clubbies

• Absolutely agree! But keep in mind

1- Wheat considerations in relation to numbers you can hold (where axes provide best value)
    2- If on bad day your hammer is met by Cavalary charge then its all over for clubbies

yip...you gonna get less sleep with your clubbies,other players WILL target you if it gets out(which it will),that you are building a clubbie hammer,if they get caught/followed home then its adios,whereas axes do have reasonable defense in numbers and players will be less likely to target you.

• You missed out the cost of feeding them :oops:

180 days x 2688 clubs = 483840
    180 days x 1728 axemn = 311040

cost of feeding (normal server)
    clubs = 180 * 179 * 2688 = 86607360 (86.6mn)
    axe = 180 * 179 * 1728 = 55676160 (55.7mn)

cost of building
    club swingers = 180 * 671730 = 120977400 (121mn)
    axe = 180 * 846720 = 152409600 (152mn)

real cost over 180 days

clubs = 86607360 + 120977400 = 207584760
    axe = 55676160 + 152409600 = 208085760

so pretty close ; if players do raid with their hammer or use gb/gs then clubs are commonly added on; but some players don't have time to raid; and axe die less if you do raid with them; so again on normal servers; players tend to stick to axe

on speed servers, troops consume less wheat, so the clubs clearly come out on top

axe travel one square faster per hour than clubs; so does the difference in raiding capacity even out or is it still clubs that come out on top?

• "Normal servers, in terms of troop building run 3x slower, but troops still consume wheat at the same rate, so feeding troops becomes much more of a problem and Clubs become much more costly to feed finishing with the Clubs costing 41% more at 180 days"

^^ what I said; tho as I hadn't read your guide unlike certain others... ;)

edit - actually; the gap wasn't 41% *re-reads how you did feeding costs*

mmmm you did army wheat cost * days at ten day snapshots? so you need a different sum to reflect the gradually increasing food costs? (I'm not 100% sure mine is the right one tho lol) just surprising the gap is as big as 41%

The post was edited 1 time, last by Samantha78 ().

• http://forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63233

That has basically all the information, plus lots more :)

No it doesn't.

You missed out the cost of feeding them :oops:

I don't know what you've done, but using the OPs numbers axe should break even at about day 15 which is similar to the table Placid made.

Edit: I would go with Placid because I did it quickly in my head so it's probably also wrong, but axe definitely become cheaper very quickly.

The post was edited 1 time, last by klebe ().

• mmmm you did army wheat cost * days at ten day snapshots? so you need a different sum to reflect the gradually increasing food costs? (I'm not 100% sure mine is the right one tho lol) just surprising the gap is as big as 41%

I posted ''10 day snapshots'' but the cacls used were more detailed than that

I don't know what you've done, but using the OPs numbers axe should break even at about day 15 which is similar to the table Placid made.

Edit: I would go with Placid because I did it quickly in my head so it's probably also wrong, but axe definitely become cheaper very quickly.

Think there lots of variables which affect it

at a basic wheat consumption level

2 axes cost 980 and eat 2 crop per hour
    3 maces cost 750 and eat 3 crop per hour

With a cost difference of 230, Or 230h before mace start costing more :confused:

• Yeah, that appears to be very quick but I can't see anything wrong with the numbers.

• regardless of the math,unless you are in a well-organised alliance you run a massive risk with an offensive clubbies only army,sure you can build them fast and they can raid loads,but one bad move....and you are going to hear the sound of many hooves.

• Clubbies do have their values though.... Their a good scout at times... I've had a -250,000 wheat per hour def wall before with 40 heroes... someone sent 1000 clubbies as a raid, and one of them made it home..... IT would have took over 10,000 scouts to get a report back from that wall....

• Regarding hammer dont do mace if u dont have the onlinetime for it or arent simming or raiding much. Doing maces 24/7 over a longer periode if a hammer is the goal is far far harder than ppl think. One thing is the math behind it, another thing is actually doing it ingame. Thats 2 totally different things. As long as it all about making troops 24/7 but 100% shure that u will be able to feed it during the entire game some way, becouse it will get ALOT of them in the end.

(I only got exp from speedservers and got no clue how it works on a normal server)

• first id like to say im not a very experienced travian player, especially with attack-but heres my reckoning on the maths

Macemen have 31% more attack per resource (wo+c+i+wh) compared to axemen
    Macemen build 11% faster (attack per time) compared to axemen
    Macemen cost 50% more cropconsumption/attack
    Axemen have 60/240/22% better defence per attack/cropconsumption/resource

Time taken for the (buildcost+maintaing cost) to be equal for both units per attack:9d14h (230h)

(250+230)/40=12
    (490+230)/60=12

so id say macemen make good suicide troops to build quickly then send off to die to beat an opponents defence cheaply, but for a hammer-axemen are cheaper