Vacation mode

• Any sign of TG removing that ridiculous feature that everybody complains about yet? Did our voted members who went to represent the community ever get any good of it ( wishmaster3 ) ?

Its a broken aspect of the game which has been exploited help players cheat & troll.

Love to know what TG justification is here, apart from assisting mainly players who dont play the game.

2008-2012 Com2 - [PM]/ US/ MDS

2018/2019 Com6 - Blitz (MAM)

2019/20 Com2 - Divide&Conquer (Gunners)

2020 Com4 - Blitzkrieg (GD)

2020/21 Com2 - ??? (Gunners)

• Vacation mode is a bad thing too? It's a feature like any other. Helps new players who stil don't know anyone.

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

~That's a fine looking high horse~

• Vacation mode is a bad thing too? It's a feature like any other. Helps new players who stil don't know anyone.

I totally agree, this game has many things to complain about, but I wouldn't say that vacation mode is one of them. I would really like 100 other things being fixed before doing anything to vacation mode, like for example improving the justice system they have to punish cheaters.

RoA x2- Barturen
    Ts19- Barturen

Ts3- KeithRoss
    RoA x3 com - Nairobi

Hispano.ts3 - Homer Simpson

Hispano.ts2 - Mid

Hispano.ts3 - Benicarló
    gxKQG3S.gif

How often do you see players who play seriously use the feature? Apart from players in the first month who delete a month later?

It has become an exploited troll feature that a multi account settles beside an enemy cropper, steals a 50% oasis and goes on vacation mode for 20 days affecting production in a capital in a large way.

It has the best of intentions, but unfortunately when it affects my game play and many others in such a manner, yes, it is a bad thing too. :/

• How often do you see players who play seriously use the feature? Apart from players in the first month who delete a month later?

It has become an exploited troll feature that a multi account settles beside an enemy cropper, steals a 50% oasis and goes on vacation mode for 20 days affecting production in a capital in a large way.

It has the best of intentions, but unfortunately when it affects my game play and many others in such a manner, yes, it is a bad thing too. :/

Are the rules written only for the players that play seriously? I imagine that "by playing seriously" you mean have 24/7 coverage with many duals. I used vacation mode when I started playing this version 3 years ago. Helped me to survive until I met people and joined alliance.

Your problem (and everyone else's whether they want to admit it in public or not) are multies, accts created to serve others so their owners don't care what happens to them and use them to troll. So instead of removing a perfectly useful feature, maybe direct attention to the real problem. I think the meaning of "playing for your own benefit" was perfectly clear, but many were happy that it was removed. Trolling accts are the consequence.

• No, 24/7 gold accounts with duels isnt what i meant. Obviously multies are an issue i dont know why anyone wouldnt admit that.
    This is a feature with the best of intentions as stated above, but its a not used feature, and it has become a means to troll/ cheat. Its not a hard point to get your head around.

• I have seen serious players using vacation mode for intended reasons: from uninterrupted family dinner on Thanksgiving to a week of hiking vacation. I have used it myself on last year qualifications at the end of the server when I could not keep up with the neighbors.

It seems that major problem (maybe only, I don't remember anything else from the top of my head) is stealing oases. It was suggested already - add cooldown from oasis takeover to the conditions. Easy fix.

• I have seen serious players using vacation mode for intended reasons: from uninterrupted family dinner on Thanksgiving to a week of hiking vacation. I have used it myself on last year qualifications at the end of the server when I could not keep up with the neighbors.

It seems that major problem (maybe only, I don't remember anything else from the top of my head) is stealing oases. It was suggested already - add cooldown from oasis takeover to the conditions. Easy fix.

Yea some simple modifications or cool downs would add greatly to this to be fair!!

Oh, was it? :D

That sucks.

Still, you can't change rules for that. I hope.

If you cant change rules/ features that are exploited, what can you change them for :D:D

• Yea some simple modifications or cool downs would add greatly to this to be fair!!

If you cant change rules/ features that are exploited, what can you change them for :D:D

Don't change the rules everytime someone breaks them. Punish those who did wrong. What's the point of having rules then?

Don't remove the feature completely just because someone abused it. Improve it.

• Yes fair enough, as ELE said above they could add cool downs and things like this which would counter the 'loop hole'.

But currently when this issue is reported you get: "sorry theres nothing i can do here unfortunately, they are entitled to steal an oasis, and they are entitled to go on vacation mode as they arent breaking the rules. I will mention it to our devs team".

• "sorry theres nothing i can do here unfortunately... I will mention it to our devs team".

Classic TG ^^

• This was a list of changes I submitted to them last year. The reaction wasn't particularly positive and the subject has been quiet since. I've since made some adjustments to my proposal in ( ). Alternatively the option would be to remove the feature which might be their preferred course of action. The impression I got was they felt this list was too much work / made it too complicated or the player but this these restrictions were designed to stop all the ways I and others have seen the feature abused.

1. Cannot go into vacation mode within 24 (72) hours of capturing an oasis

2. Cannot go into vacation mode within 24 (72) hours of settling a village

3. Cannot go into vacation mode within 24 (72) hours of conquering a village

4. Cannot go into vacation mode during the first 21 days of a server

5. Cannot go into vacation mode 7 days before Artifact or Plan Drop

6. Cannot go into vacation mode within 24 (72) hours of aborting/ending vacation mode

7. Cannot abort vacation mode within 24 (72) hours of starting vacation mode

8. Vacation mode limited to 15 days

9. Vacation mode cannot be scheduled to end after the 7 day prohibition prior to Artifacts & Plans (alternatively #5 can be adjusted such that you cannot enter vacation mode prior 16 days prior to drop)

• Looks good, shame they dont listen

tg_TL-DQ4_970x250_181126.jpg