swapping position of buildings

⭐ Advent Calendar giveaway ⭐

December! 🎁 Gift time!
Every day from December 1st to December 24th, starting at 10:00 AM (UTC+1), we'll be doing an 8-hour giveaway in Discord! Don't miss ➡️ today's surprise! ⬅️
How can you participate? Join us in the official Travian: Legends Discord server, accept the rules to unlock all the channels, head to the #advent-calendar channel, and seize your chance to win!
  • No it isn't sorry! It is something they may implement eventually but right now it's a coding nightmare to do.

Former Anglosphere Ambassador 2019-2020

• No it isn't sorry! It is something they may implement eventually but right now it's a coding nightmare to do.

Coding Nightmare? I don't believe it.

1. Player pays xx Gold to request a swap.

2. System does a series of gold-paid instant destructions in the Main Building to delete the mobile structure from its current location.
    3. System does a series of gold-paid instant builds to put the new building in their desired location

4. System reimburses the resource cost of the buildings purchased during step 3

The whole thing happens in less than 1 second.

DONE!

All of these steps are part of existing game mechanics. They just have to be sequenced properly. The only possible hazard is building prerequisites... such as trying to relocate the Stables after the Smithy has been destroyed, or move a Great Granary after the artifact is no longer present. Things like that.

The basic mechanics are already there, as gold-paid features.

• Coding Nightmare?

To be fair that was my word choice. I don't recall specifically what was said other than as far as I remember it was "something not currently possible", even as a paid feature. Which would support the point that it isn't reasonably feasible since they are always looking for ways they can monetize in a non-antagonizing way.

Former Anglosphere Ambassador 2019-2020

• Anything is simple when you break it down like that.

If it can be done by Human Button Clicking + 100 gold with already in-game mechanics (only things missing are the resource reimbursement and the prerequisite structures test) then it can be automated very easily.

With the new Hero Bag it gets even easier. Just pre-pay the player the cost of the of the structure directly into the hero pouch, and extract goods from it each time a new level is paid for (so that the hero ends the transaction with the same amount of resources it started with).

• If it can be done by Human Button Clicking + 100 gold with already in-game mechanics (only things missing are the resource reimbursement and the prerequisite structures test) then it can be automated very easily.

With the new Hero Bag it gets even easier. Just pre-pay the player the cost of the of the structure directly into the hero pouch, and extract goods from it each time a new level is paid for (so that the hero ends the transaction with the same amount of resources it started with).

what you describe here is more like a bot auction, this is not how coding looks like.

• what you describe here is more like a bot auction, this is not how coding looks like.

:shrug:

So go code a bot... and charge people to use it.

No need for an "elegant" solution. It's a feature that will only be used a handful of times per village, and even then mostly on chiefed/conquered villages.

• problem might be in how it relates to cata attacks. is the "random" target selected by the program at launch? If so what happens to the cata attack if the building is moved while catas en route? What if a specific building is targeted and is moved while in transit or is being insta built/demo'ed at the time of landing?

I wish I had a copy of an old thread from the old Travian forums called: Diary of a M.O.R.O.N written by Marmotman. Best. Travian. Story. Ever.

• problem might be in how it relates to cata attacks. is the "random" target selected by the program at launch? If so what happens to the cata attack if the building is moved while catas en route? What if a specific building is targeted and is moved while in transit or is being insta built/demo'ed at the time of landing?

Easy: "Village reorganization only allowed while your account is eligible for Vacation Mode" as a solution for that.

It should be a peace-time activity anyway. This is simmer stuff, not combat stuff.

Footnote: I do not believe this is a credible error case. If it was, then doing village demolishing in the Main Building while under attack would already be breaking the game. However, the recent exploit discovered with the Teuton Brewery does give some indication that you might be right about target selection happening at launch time rather than at landing time.

Possible.