T4.5 Offensive Account Guide - Building an Artefact Hammer

• This guide aims to explain to players how they can build an effective offensive account in Travian 4.5, aiming specifically to give you a strong and useful hammer for artefact drop on day 100.

Some areas I will go into detail on, some knowledge I will assume is already known to anyone following it. It is mainly aimed at those who have some understanding of the game, but are looking to make a step forward towards becoming a better player. If after reading this you have any questions please do ask in the replies. Anyway let's get started:

What you will need

1. At least a reasonable amount of gold, enough to regularly NPC and develop a 15C. More gold is beneficial for various things but not essential. I would estimate around 600 - 800 gold a month as a base. You can scale your storage around the amount of gold you use. We will get to that later.
    2. Be active. This strategy requires you to at least be on regularly, you won’t have to be staring at the screen or raiding all day to do some version of this. But the more time you spend online or raiding, the more success you will have in general.
    3. Ability to think on your feet. There is no way to map out an entire server that will be repeatable. Every server is different, I recommend you take this guide and apply it as much as possible to your play, but there are countless ways you may need to adapt to have the most success.

Resources you will use

1. Offense calculator: http://travian.kirilloid.ru/off_calc.php#b=20,0,20,0,0,0&r=1&t=1&s=1.45&po&art=100 Will use this to work out the costs of running your hammer, how much you can produce in a certain amount of time and how much it will cost to feed.
    2. Resource Development Calculator: http://travian.kirilloid.ru/vi…l=15&fl=10,10,10,10&fs=31 Will use this for working out your capital production amongst other things.
    3. Capital development guide: https://multimadness.de/cropcalcT44_extended.html This tells you how to build your capital efficiently.

You should add all of these to your bookmarks/travian links.

Let's get started

Picking a tribe

This guide isn’t tribe specific, as the gameplay mostly remains the same. Especially for a beginner guide I see little reason to focus on a single tribe. That being said there are definitely differences between them which I will outline.

Teuton: In my opinion the best tribe to play for following this guide as long as you have the activity levels to handle them. You will need to be on to watch for ghosts/plan around them.

Also their hammers have higher crop consumption than the other tribes, so feeding will be more difficult.

However, they give you the most powerful hammers even without the brewery. When the brewery is added into the equation they become even more dominant in that area.

Roman: Romans have their advantages and are a solid option, especially for a less experienced player or one with less gold/time. Their ability to build a building and a field simultaneously saving on gold, and their hammers being easier to feed while still being powerful.

I would recommend them if you have doubts about your activity or are wary of the gold cost of teuton. Or you just want to sleep a little easier at night.

Gauls: I would strongly recommend you don’t play Gaul in this style, they have no redeeming qualities for this kind of account. However if you are determined to do so, it still works but is just less effective.

Settling your cropper

I won’t be going into detail on how to settle your capital, as that is a topic for another guide. If I do write one I will link it here.

Where you settle your second village is an absolutely key part of any travian account, and it is no different for this type of account either. It has to be a 15C, no lower than 100%. You will want to be aiming for 125/150 ideally.

It’s important to consider the location as well as the percentage, don’t settle in the grey if you aren’t incredibly active or have duals. Travelling 150+ tiles to a high percentage cropper in the boonies is an option but has its own downsides as it will take longer to develop. Really there is no way to tell you what exact cropper you should be taking, it’s a unique decision you have to make on every server.

Balance the three factors: Percentage, distance from your spawn, and safety of the cropper and make the best decision you can.

Cropper Development

Important to note for this section that it is not the most optimal way to build your account, there are ways to improve this and I encourage you to go out and find them. But for the purpose of this guide I’m going to keep it simple so that it is easy to follow for newer players.

Once your cropper has been settled the first thing you should do is move your hero there for the extra production and get to work on the fields, following the capital development guide https://multimadness.de/cropcalcT44_extended.html as you go.

When the cropper is settled you want to start sending as much res there as you can, to speed up the development. With the rest of your spawn res you want to start building more fields and working on cp, when your cp per day in your spawn is over 250cp per day you can start throwing small parties in your spawn. By then your cropper should be developed enough that it can progress without too much help from your spawn.

You can find cheap CP buildings on: http://travian.kirilloid.ru/build.php#mb=1&s=1.45

From here on you want to follow the cropper development guide and focus heavily on your capital development.

When you have CP for your third village build a palace to level 10, when you settle place it next to your capital. This will make it far easier to send res to later on which you will need as this will be your hammer village.

When your 3rd village is settled you should move res from your capital or your spawn if it is particularly close, and push the fields to level 6. That is roughly the level where feeder fields stop being more efficient than carrying on with your capital. If you use gold heavily it is best to gold these levels instantly.

Assuming you have 125% or a 150%, then route the res from your 3rd village back to your capital until you have completed level 12 fields in your capital. Then it is time to finish your feeder to all level 10s.

Another thing to note is when your capital is at 7k production per hour, it is worth starting to throw small parties there as well. Provided the CP is over 250. Again be sure to build the cheap CP buildings in both your capital and your hammer village, and in every village after. These are mostly the early levels of the Main Building, Academy, Embassy, Marketplace.

For now you keep this pattern up. Exactly how you sim depends on your gold usage and activity, if you are on all the time and spending gold heavily you should instantly gold up and finish your feeders as you have CP to settle them. If not then sim as much as you can during your time online, and keep focusing on the capital fields. Depending on how much gold you use you will need to build extra granaries in your 15C. The most important thing is that you can sleep and not have your granaries fill up and lose out on production.

For your fourth village it’s good to build your palace to level 15 and settle from there, not settling from your hammer village at all. This enables you to build a palace 20 in your hammer village later on and get 3 chiefs there, a must have for any offensive account.

When your total CP per day reaches 1500, you should start throwing large parties. At least in your spawn and in your capital. By now your spawn should be maxed resources wise. If you are online to sim your feeders so that they are maxed very quickly then you can start throwing large parties in more than just those two villages. The exact way to balance this is not something I can lay out clearly, so I will leave it to you to judge. The simplest way I can put it is the quicker you find yourself finishing your feeders, the more large parties you should throw. As throwing large parties but leaving the new village on low fields for a long time is not a good pay off at all.

Planning and starting the hammer

As your capital fields start getting towards level 17 croplands, it's time to start considering when you want to start the hammer. This is where the http://travian.kirilloid.ru/of…r=1&t=1&s=1.45&po&art=100 comes into play. Using this you can work out the exact cost of starting your hammer as well as how much it will cost you to feed it in x amount of days.

You will see that while you can afford to run a level 20 barracks and stable as well as a level 15 workshop with level 15 cap fields, you will quickly run out of res and be unable to feed the hammer and keep training.

oD2oWLlKBuDvhZ9tY4lqEZgzBT9b_TkcZwtzoM0gze8f7_JmDzjm9thwJrSqFj3OH3BFrS1tdb3rStD025nEPJZytZ3KewXNm5acsoKhoTRxGaJvNmKvQ1U45oEgBD3ISpZKY-xv

VhC5IqEeyEgPJeuezzgweEjAbPaSGLJStC7oYwSVWdIJ1_Rd6HJGERW6nsiydxIzzKuaG2Newkj-RK6RRagu_8JeF_Bt7nHzk4ZzNW5W4dBXbh9VlUT2UIiEZnOB_uA95TPcI_tj

The running costs of queues for a hammer like this is 32.5k. But after 1 week, you have to feed the 14.3k feeding costs as well and it's already at 47k. Another week and you will be struggling to keep going. This is why we must keep simming up to level 17/18 fields.

Going to split the guide into two parts now. One where you do level 18 fields, and another where you don’t.

Starting the hammer (18s route)

At day 45 you should take note of how you are developing, if you are halfway through 17s and have at least 5 or so maxed feeders or something similar, then you can and should continue to sim until level 18 cap fields are done. This should be around day 60-65 depending on how well you have simmed.

When your 18s are done you will be producing 115k with a 125% Capital and 126k with a 150% capital.

At this point you should gold up your hammer village, or start working on the barracks/stable/workshop while you are finishing 18s if you want to save gold.

Then you should get to work queueing your hammer, moving the res out of your capital to pay for the queues.

Immediately you can start queueing something along these lines if Teuton:

oKzDGoWjlM8WpXIdF5dJxVVj9I5muGAlWCJJ8mNux4e3VQ-sNIVmEvG-kjd7R-ZBce6-QqrC8NPfW9TO76mqQUFsC9yT78za7HKa6TBlgix9KK6ygUWKv0eIyBbUOdv-tpnAMU8x

If Roman:

xM87oHjllboeQtlWGNFUY-jAnpIm5iPO2Q_3zUk3-jVAOBMs4Gfro_sFD-6h8ARP5fOVpp26xjYfktJ9e9Z-ExXJlLWdN7Gz06-5mwbVs-oPf9_3BXrQlB_Hp2fxC14RYjbdyqEQ

Or with EI:

VYw6R4nz8YovXxKmVihZY6SPZckpIBW4GgpBnjG4H4xZTTAL_2QoNM0XOrWAmlRrPeEoK2DwqHgz7THyP_5Zo__rtaqPtY0H_nMAumt2g3f9j7CzFso10beLz1BoASuhTuEPeX44

As your hammer starts to build the amount of res you have to spend will decrease as you have to feed the troops, the first thing to stop queueing should be your great stable queue followed by your great barracks if needed.

If the hammer is started by day 65 then these are the sort of hammers you can aim for, accounting for certain queues stopping as the feeding costs get in the way. With heavy raiding or better simming they can be bigger as you keep great buildings queued for longer:

Om9poTrb8E-LDIi1egjajZddRL2iE84ox8bYiYMZsJWZjCIUseeDXPbS6lFGYqlrqU7VPZD2VIThlSu8VtQAHGU_X4DCrPcBvxEeRR9JANKKyBwHMDC8lcEFL_VHrzBZhvEEJ5AM

-amUbC0k2Lc2-HgE8IRzUCys3ehWhlhcF0wO7YZG0VRANldBBIh-be1qe-b6taIbjf2yXuqUlh1nNB4lx-KBu4kIzu4Rl6sj3TkE4Ib_xgQf9gl81UMcxEeXszSVgZIQtXvdF-J8

KHcrKlEFKPy9Ki6tJIaw-W0FbHexZ5zD0PdNwax8TvFU_XSARaAidVbELDGDd5jzMr1uRmNywghLuKNe8KdNKdRTM083ibhSw_FuE62zYlpZ6DKl4qOHdQN-68-SgDtGsLkfbUBv

Starting the hammer (17s route)

If you aren't working through 17s by day 45 then its best that you finish 17s and start you hammer running less greats. Because you start earlier the hammers are still strong, even if less powerful than the alternative.

Everything is more or less the same, except from running high level great barracks/stable you queue with normal barracks/stable and low level greats if you can afford it. Or you can do 18s slowly while you train the hammer. This will lead to hammers more like this assuming you start on day 55:

I91GPzuMT-JOzm_XOWEmv9RMv8VfHZqGylGJXIXp-V8WE8ODUgitQG2gpIcbyc7N6HlkplaIFVZElaJQ2DbmJG5O2Elyzxvf_9T7wYBtrsd-5nvpXRoHlxdTSJwHe5_xpS-HL9j0

z5bFshRg5iD5OqN2j08hVdafKYfon0QzGk8YLL5hVOIqhp0yK7REAtXHFDPzv37kleDnv3X4NL9ohLeB5Bp4VHK2nZrPbu6dpHLQYISVlozb63BRbEzd8pgPB4G0HfhxmfZa1aKp

E5ylpkWNRv9IE3I9tIG9rPmKL_WleH5ujPwIUPQOMzoNdQCeKBUKqi-01QmwopQ_qDahJJ34MCOrenDswR-MuPpxDkTBYTeI7y8_l760HrXLHQ0EfKZ7rweMh95auD-FtBEd6k7v

What now?

While the hammer is training you obviously have a lot less res. However you should continue to sim new villages when you have CP for them as much as possible. As you get closer to Artefacts and the hammer gets more difficult to feed you can cut parties to help out. Don’t forget that on day 70 the tier 2 items come out, if you use gold heavily it’s a good investment to get them early as they provide a 5% boost.

I might follow this up with a post artefact guide as well if people actually find this useful.

• When you have CP for your third village build a palace to level 10, when you settle place it next to your capital. This will make it far easier to send res to later on which you will need as this will be your hammer village.

Naah. Build palace to level 1 and change captial, then build residence to level 10. :)

For your fourth village it’s good to build your palace to level 15 and settle from there, not settling from your hammer village at all. This enables you to build a palace 20 in your hammer village later on and get 3 chiefs there, a must have for any offensive account.

Naah. Go for residence level 10 in your third village. 3 chiefs in your hammer village is not very important at day 30. :)

TS6 Anglosphere - Valkyria

• Naah. Build palace to level 1 and change captial, then build residence to level 10. :)

Naah. Go for residence level 10 in your third village. 3 chiefs in your hammer village is not very important at day 30. :)

Damn, I've been doing it all wrong for 10 years. smh

Whiplash, Ifrit, White Panda and a dozen others that I don't remember.

• Naah. Build palace to level 1 and change captial, then build residence to level 10. :)

Naah. Go for residence level 10 in your third village. 3 chiefs in your hammer village is not very important at day 30.

If we're focusing only on arti drop then sure, the ability to train three chiefs doesn't really matter. If you plan to continue as a hammer throughout the server I think it's worth building palace 15 in your cap and settling villages #3 and #4 from there. That way, after artis are out and you want to have three chiefs in your hammer village you don't have to worry about freeing up an expansion slot.

• If we're focusing only on arti drop then sure, the ability to train three chiefs doesn't really matter. If you plan to continue as a hammer throughout the server I think it's worth building palace 15 in your cap and settling villages #3 and #4 from there. That way, after artis are out and you want to have three chiefs in your hammer village you don't have to worry about freeing up an expansion slot.

If you just settle your 4th village from your 3rd (hammer village). The relative cost to free an expansion slot and get your three chiefs for are much much lower at day ~100 than building palace to level 15 at day ~30.

Need to consider the extreme inflation of resources between the first days of the server until you are done with your capital fields. The amount of resources are increasing very fast while the cost of services (palace, troops etc) are constant.

TS6 Anglosphere - Valkyria

• It’s just to avoid less experienced players messing around with slots. I agree with your points, but the goal was to keep this as simple as possible.

This isn’t how I build my accounts anymore, but it does work and is a good place for a newer player to aim towards.

970x250_5Tribes.png