No quality. Only techs.

• Techs have never been a major trend on .com

Finals is technically com, so you could say .com is the source of this shit. :D

For it is he that they fear, not man or his armies. They fear the mark of the beast.

Ah shit, here we go again...

• Techs have never been a major trend on .com, we have never seen the use of techs as we saw this round. It happens once in a few servers but .com servers have usually frowned upon this.

Its not because we can't do it, but we don't want to. However when there is such massive use of techs on a server the only choice is to get left behind or do the same. Thus one team can drag everyone into this race, given that its legal now we cant really say much.

i would agree, only one server where i saw a lot of techs was SGR Vs Villians like 2 servers ago, a source of Multiple 1Mill + WWKs..

But com has been a relatively quiet non tech server.. No thanks to Duat and IKEA to drag that in this server

Ex CWL, SG, Wild

Com4 (2018-19) - The Force [Goats]

Qualifiers (INT 2019) - Space Force [EXODUS]

Finals (2019-18) - Mighty Geese [EXODUS]

Com2 (2020-21) - Timepass [Goats]

• i would agree, only one server where i saw a lot of techs was SGR Vs Villians like 2 servers ago, a source of Multiple 1Mill + WWKs..

But com has been a relatively quiet non tech server.. No thanks to Duat and IKEA to drag that in this server

You are wrong if you think techs hasn't been used regularly on COM servers before. Might have been stealthier since TG didnt "officially legalize" techs until recently (and it seems like most com players try to call it other things or hide the usage), but I have played various servers here since around 2012-2013 and I have never been in a large alliance that hasn't used techs. I didn't start to think about using it myself until I realized its potential on a com3 back in like... 2015? and have seen techs on pretty much every large server on this domain since then.

Just because many of the players on this server hasn't done it personally or known what to look for before it was talked about more doesn't mean it hasn't been here since forever. The last year or two it has just been made clear that techs doesn't break the rules which has made a whole lot of more people use it.

Not saying that IKEA and Duat didn't help it expand even more this server, they probably did. But it is hardly like COM has been some sort of safe haven for tech free users the last 5 or 6 years either if you actually check the top accounts on the most competitive servers

• I would also like to point out few facts why IKEA wanted to try out techs...

First of all, after we saw how swedes managed their techs on last n4 it brought up a lot of negative feelings in the beginning, but as time passed people got more interested into that side of this game. Techs were never a mainstream thing on earlier fi/nordic rounds expect few individuals who have been playing like that for years. It also provided us a way to bring in people that did not have the time to properly play anymore, we gave them a way to contribute as many were still hanging out in our chats etc. But did not have time to play a lot.

It is not only about multis. I know that side is a problem that needs fixing, but allowing tech's is not only a negative thing. It also gives us another lvl to plan this game even further. Atleast for players that have done a lot and tried out different things during +10years of playing this provides some fun new aspects and also gives motivation having more people on their "personal crew". No matter how fair/unfair it is or how much you dislike tech usage, but I can say from experience it is not just as simple as have someone run an account and gain immediate benefit over others that way.

Other thing that affected the decision making came from threads of past com servers and things we heard from com players. Those were our main sources to gather info about others before server started. It was clear and you can read it all over the threads of past servers that techs are not a new thing in here.

We were really small in numbers compared to other metas even before including techs. Even while including those that we have we are still heavily outnumbered by any other Meta on this server.

So it is really hard to see it as a major problem because even before server started it was well known fact for us that majority will be using tech accounts.

• if i compare tech issue at present to old time when ppl used "duplicates" and it wasnt legal

the main factor that has been changed is the potential to grow without this legal/illegal support (tech, duplicates, call it with w/e name u want, at israel we still call it duplicates and trying to fight against that appearance - players at IL servers who use this techs r completly unrespected)

from my last full power round there was several times more farms at ea server - so if u used techs u had an advantage. but a strong team who play legit could make the same achivements(just with harder work)

at the present COM2 gonna be HUGE gap between "non tech users" to the "tech users" accounts because the "non tech users" group wont be able to raid enough res in long term to feed their hammers.

i dont see any possibility for EGH to raid 1m or not even 500k res per/hour

thats means - the allys with the less techs will work far more harder to feed their EGH's and prob their EGH's will be with lower sizes cuz they wont be optimal off power

and WW def power will be probably even higher than avg COM rounds

so in the end line - the allys with the less techs will need to gain an advantage via their OP's

and allys with massive techs - every simming day is extra slight advantage to their lines

we like it or not? doesnt mettal as long as its legal by TG, so i have no argues against the Duat/IKEA metas and hope for a challenging round as underdog xD

for the one above me (AFKi):

please stop, IKEA not gonna play whole round as isolated meta, IKEA is a big force which will combine at the end game with another meta to at least make a full confedercy

so in fight of 1 confedecy vs another 1, the meta which will get birth from and with IKEA merging (or duat) will gain enourmous force.

thanks and sorry about low english.

• as underdog xD

The largest alliances

2. GUNNERS 60 1149 68958
    5. GUNNERZ 60 993 59595
    15. Goofers 55 722 39735
    28. GUNN3RS 39 406 15834

:harold:

• The idea that players feel the need to use techs, cause everybody does it.. What a joke.
    If you could win a nice amount of money at the end of the server, i could kinda understand it.

But to use that much effort and time for the ''title winner and some kind of honor''.
    How to screw up a fun game.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves for bringing a fun game like this down the drains.
    How could you even have fun playing this way, ruรฏning other peoples accounts who play fair and even be proud about it?

Hope they can find a way to get this cancerous playstyle out of the game real quick..

• at israel we still call it duplicates and trying to fight against that appearance - players at IL servers who use this techs r completly unrespected)

hope for a challenging round as underdog xD

If in Israeli servers you fight against techs (duplicates) then why here in international server you use them?

You make it sound like Gunners don't use techs and that's why Gunners are the underdogs.. i don't think anyone here buys that..:/

• If in Israeli servers you fight against techs (duplicates) then why here in international server you use them?

You make it sound like Gunners don't use techs and that's why Gunners are the underdogs.. i don't think anyone here buys that..:/

i wont deny the fact of using heroes friends to clean oasis for 2nd village race

but from that point to compare to mass techs use there is still a little gap i guess..

i also wont deny that, gunners have techs but not with such a numbers as u and ur friend at GOW trying to describe here.

but i wont comment to u anymore, hide urself with ur few salve kids so be it..

Loffe i guess we r not small meta xD

• All i meant to say its there is no underdog. i don't know you, so i surprise you seems to "know" so much about me. sorry if you feel like i'm against you, i don't know you personalty, so i don't hold anything against you. actually i think its the first time we are on the same server.

Have a good game

• isnt ruining other peoples games the only source of enjoyment on this f***ing game!?

:kek:

2008-2012 Com2 - [PM]/ US/ MDS

2018/2019 Com6 - Blitz (MAM)

2019/20 Com2 - Divide&Conquer (Gunners)

2020 Com4 - Blitzkrieg (GD)

2020/21 Com2 - Godzilla (Gunners)

• Does anyone else think this whole discussion is a bit pointless? Who cares if people have 'tech' accounts? From what I can tell, it is just a friendly account which is being played really badly. When we played, we would always try to have every account playing to the best of their ability. If you have a human wasting their time running a dead account to support another, that could never be as good as two accounts being played well??

Let them play their stupid games.

• I would also like to point out few facts why IKEA wanted to try out techs...

--SNIP--

as ive always said, Not many in goats are very happy with the idea of techs, (This doesnt mean we dont have players who use it, i think we have techs, at past it was like 1 or 2 accts,now we have many more that use techs ) it is possible that we will get our rears handed to us by one of the heavy tech teams and then all of us will start bringing mom, friends, sisters, brothers, uncles, cousins, cats, pet komodos to play an acct for us to run as techs.. and yes it will affect the general quality of the server as all the servers will not be as enjoyable and be a measuring contest of who has more friends ( well,its not always friends too ) and be a slugfest of attrition than Strategy and diplomacy. Personally will be leaving Travian at that point.

imagine, 2000 goats grazing the pastures.

I am doing a good account without techs, but, if i just had like 2 techs helping me out of the server (if i get down to it, i could make 30 multies and no one could distinguish whos who ) Put a note in profile, No Techs only Skills.. well no way top 10 would be hard in any avenue.

Ex CWL, SG, Wild

Com4 (2018-19) - The Force [Goats]

Qualifiers (INT 2019) - Space Force [EXODUS]

Finals (2019-18) - Mighty Geese [EXODUS]

Com2 (2020-21) - Timepass [Goats]

Post was edited 1 time, last by [CWL]ivaR ().

• Does anyone else think this whole discussion is a bit pointless? Who cares if people have 'tech' accounts?

Can't say that I care if someone has them or not. It's the delusion od greatness combined with low self esteem that makes the whole tech phenomenon so cringy and drives actual players away :)

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

~That's a fine looking high horse~

• except that you always only talk about GoW while Ikea and Gunners had accounts who bought resources.

The only cheat in gunners was removed, a solitary cheat unless Iโ€™m mistaken, which was later picked up and recruited by Gow, Iโ€™ve mentioned Ikea before, pretty much as bad as Gow in the cheating department.

• except that you always only talk about GoW while Ikea and Gunners had accounts who bought resources.

Luckily, your own leader knows that you are an annoying imbecile so it doesnโ€™t matter what you say.

just to clarify, Gunners didn't have "accounts who bought res", afaik we had 1 account that bought res and that account is no longer with us :)

Past Servers

2015/16 uk3 - Sponge (RD)

2019/20 com1 - Artorius (USSR)

Current Server

com2 - Mars (GUNNERZ)

• The only cheat in gunners was removed, a solitary cheat unless Iโ€™m mistaken, which was later picked up and recruited by Gow, Iโ€™ve mentioned Ikea before, pretty much as bad as Gow in the cheating department.

you my friend are dumb af....as i have stated on com2 discord many times i know a player IN GUNNERS who is multiaccounting (not teching) because 2-3 accounts have his names from previous servers.And this is only what I know....who knows how many are there that we dont know about :D

COM4 - Venom [GD]

RO5 - robert_filip [ROCK]

• you my friend are dumb af....as i have stated on com2 discord many times i know a player IN GUNNERS who is multiaccounting (not teching) because 2-3 accounts have his names from previous servers.And this is only what I know....who knows how many are there that we dont know about :D

Im not taking the metaphorical p*ss here, but wouldn't he get banned?

2008-2012 Com2 - [PM]/ US/ MDS

2018/2019 Com6 - Blitz (MAM)

2019/20 Com2 - Divide&Conquer (Gunners)

2020 Com4 - Blitzkrieg (GD)

2020/21 Com2 - Godzilla (Gunners)

• The only cheat in gunners was removed, a solitary cheat unless Iโ€™m mistaken, which was later picked up and recruited by Gow, Iโ€™ve mentioned Ikea before, pretty much as bad as Gow in the cheating department.

except you talk about gow 9/10 times and 1/10 times mention Ikea. Initially, You basically wanted the whole server to unite against us :D :D. Little irrelevant gow fanboy. Good thing tho that not even your own team respects you.