Discussions of the changes to confederacy system restrictions

• Hello all,

We are going to change the confederacy system restrictions. You can read them here.

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

• I did read this on another forum yesterday, and It doesn't really seem to change anything in regards to teching though.
    I hear you guys have something in the works, and was expecting a bigger bump in regards to changes.

These changes just looks like it was actually possible to raid confeds unlimited, and therefor an oversight to begin with.

Or is this just another thing i am not able to understand due to "unnecessary" complexity :D

#TimeForMeToLookStupidAgain

• Such bs ,tech account create their own alliance ,this doesn't do shit .

It does something already.
    If they want deff from tech they need to put them in Confed, then they cant farm it once again.
    Its a small drop in the ocean but it's a start.

• It does something already.
    If they want deff from tech they need to put them in Confed, then they cant farm it once again.
    Its a small drop in the ocean but it's a start.

I am playing midsummerx5 atm and one of my ally member is top 2 raider for weeks farming his 20 tech accounts which settled near his villages in a separate ally . He only farm himself ,if others try he either threaten them or spike the farms .MH don't do shit ,even 2 days ago a non tech genuine guy got banned for 1 days which had rank 1 & 3 hammer just because he had an argument with his leader who was a former mh ? Just what kind of bc this game has become ?

• ...if others try he either threaten them or spike the farms...

Threatening them is fine (that's the game) but under the new system it's much more difficult for the Puppet Master to defend the tech farm with soldiers (compared to the present rules).

• Threatening them is fine (that's the game) but under the new system it's much more difficult for the Puppet Master to defend the tech farm with soldiers (compared to the present rules).

He threats and spike us ,his own ally members,About spiking what are you talking about ? Its not difficult for a 500+ pop tech account to defend 200-300 troops waves from week 2-3 in a x5 & Consider 20 of them within an ally ,villages side by side .You can literally start a war with them.

• He threats and spike us ,his own ally members,About spiking what are you talking about ? Its not difficult for a 500+ pop tech account to defend 200-300 troops waves from week 2-3 in a x5 & Consider 20 of them within an ally ,villages side by side .You can literally start a war with them.

Sounds like you better zero Dog Shrute then, do it before server ends.

My best server <3

unknown.png

"Those villages from Erik Groenvold" "Those villages were just resting in my account before I moved them on"

unknown.png

• It's a browser game. There's really not much of a way around the issue unless you start blocking specific browsers (people can get around that), or IP ranges (too much manual effort), or completely revamp the way raiding works (fundamental change to the game that would not go over well).

The reality is, a server properly populated with quality players will respond intelligently to whatever 'Superpower' entities come into existence, whether they were created legitimately or not. The game doesn't really require as much balance as some think it does. The mob is the balancer.

Just my two cents.

• It's a browser game. There's really not much of a way around the issue unless you start blocking specific browsers (people can get around that), or IP ranges (too much manual effort), or completely revamp the way raiding works (fundamental change to the game that would not go over well).

The reality is, a server properly populated with quality players will respond intelligently to whatever 'Superpower' entities come into existence, whether they were created legitimately or not. The game doesn't really require as much balance as some think it does. The mob is the balancer.

Just my two cents.

All it is required to a rule against tech acc ,nothing bs like " a bigger guy can farm smaller guy in exchange for protection " Even though you can easily link those accounts (not by ip).This shit rule created all this techs .

• just link it up with facebook or google account.

It means you gotta create one FB/Google account for each travian account. And techies wont do that.

If they still do, add a timer that blocks new google / fb accounts from registration. ( Account must excist 14 days before you can register).

• He threats and spike us ,his own ally members,About spiking what are you talking about ? Its not difficult for a 500+ pop tech account to defend 200-300 troops waves from week 2-3 in a x5 & Consider 20 of them within an ally ,villages side by side .You can literally start a war with them.

Don't farm it.

Send a full Hammer with lots of catapults. Destroy the Farm Accounts so that he gains nothing from them.

• back to the era when fake alliances were built on 150-200 fields to be raided :D

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed . . .

History:

Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2) and many more not listed.

Valhalla, Carpe Diem (t3 .com classics), CS! 2017 finals (Croatia)

CUP 2018 finals, X3 2019 finals (Russia)

~ The special one... ~

• I like the changes as a start in dealing with this and I hope for more good changes to come.

The 'size of player' is something I'd like to discuss. Those game mechanics comparing 'size of player' like the pushing protection mentioned here, but also the moral bonus in fights and chiefing power, they're designed to help the weak against the strong and prevent a game where the many must boringly support the few. It's nice to have measures for that, but they're all based on population. Many of the stronger players laugh at the population ranking and abuse low pop to go around pushing protections and be even stronger in combat.

I think 'size of player' could be based best on a players income so far. Since strong players need high income they won't be able to cheat the 'size of player' based measures. The stronger players will be both honoured and exposed in a public ranking and the weaker will benefit by a fairer comparison from the systems designed to protect them. An income tier could be used where you level up to the next tier at enough resources gained, to prevent the ranking from being too scannable for online times.

It's nice for everyone if 'size of player' relates better to how strong a player is

• Don't farm it.

Send a full Hammer with lots of catapults. Destroy the Farm Accounts so that he gains nothing from them.

But I get nothing out of it by doing so .That is a total waste of time from a raiders perspective .

• this.

• Thanks tg I guess, but unfortunately this really has no bearing on a techs primary role :

*techs main purpose is to house and garage troops, whatever resources can be raided or provided by tech, will always be trumped by the troops the techs can feed and hide ;)

Maybe just change the rule back ? Or please help by properly learning all roles techs can perform and fulfil. Then help players by making teching guides and strategies, these wishy woshy changes don’t really wash with anyone.

DO SOMETHING! otherwise players that don’t use teching, or new players that don’t really know how this teching works, will just keep complaining about it.

970x250_5Tribes.png